Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I mistakenly upgraded (clearly) to version 21 and even since it crashes every time I try to add a filter or effect to a file on the timeline. I have sent all the diagnostics to cybercrap and they have yet to come up with an answer. Again, this has only happened since I upgraded to version 21. Was working fine before. Updated my drivers and closed everything and render preview set to high and all they said to do. Now it won't even open sometimes. What the actual F***?!
Has anyone experienced this shitshow?
Yeah wasn't sure if it was of any benefit. Thanks for the reply.

Martin

Quote Scene and chapter markers are for DVDs and BluRays only. if you're outputting a movie to your hard drive, you won't even see the chapters.
Next question. I am currently completing a very large video file, and am looking for suggestions on how best to use chapters.

The video is the years of my kids growing up and I want to set chapters for each year, and I know how to do that manually.

My question is how do chapters look and act when you save the rendered video to a hard drive?

Last one I did with chapters was on a dvd so I know how that works out, but I have not saved one to a hard disc before. Is it similar to a dvd menu?

Any input will be gratefully accepted.

Regards,

Martin
Quote Absolutely! Since the output size will depend both on the content on your timeline as well as the specific output profile you're going to produce to, you can see all the details in the "pie chart" area to the right of the Start button on the produce page:

The pie chart shows the current destination drive as listed in the Export folder box, and that will update if you choose a different drive.

The green Free slice is how much space remains; the blue Used Space show how much is currently in use; the purple Remaining number shows the estimated size of your produced project based on the current produce profile that's selected - it will update if you choose a different profile.

When you start producing, the Produced number will grow while the Remaining number will decrease until Produced shows the finished size.

Great thank you. I wasn't sure what that "remaining" was about.. Cheers.
How can I see what the size of my project will be when produced? I have a very large project and need to know what size HD I need to produce it to. Is there an indication somewhere that I can see that info?
Quote You're using the webcam and screen grabber to capture DV video? Probably not the best way to do it.

Is your miniDV camcorder attached to your computer via a FireWire connection? If so, there's a tool in PowerDirector for copying the video from your camcorder.

Are you using a third-party device to connect your miniDV camcorder via USB? There's still a better way to capture your video than using the screen grabber, and using it will likely remedy your issue.

Howdy,

Any further answer on that better way?

Martin
Quote You're using the webcam and screen grabber to capture DV video? Probably not the best way to do it.

Is your miniDV camcorder attached to your computer via a FireWire connection? If so, there's a tool in PowerDirector for copying the video from your camcorder.

Are you using a third-party device to connect your miniDV camcorder via USB? There's still a better way to capture your video than using the screen grabber, and using it will likely remedy your issue.

I haven't seen a firewire in ten years.. There is still a better way than the video grabber. What would that be?

regards,

Martin
Audio is lagging when I'm transferring video from my DV camcorder using a video grabber. I'm using the webcam to grab the video. Any suggestions on a fix?

Ok, I have a video grabber that connects to av from my old camcorder, but PD18 wo't recognise the video grabber. I've ordered another one that claims that it will function as a web cam in most video editing applications. I'm wondering if anyone has done something like this rather than having to use the video grabber (and it's crap software) to move the video to the hard drive and then move it to PD18 for edit. If you have what brand of video grabber worked in this situation. Apparently you need a video capture card in your PC for PD18 to recognise analog input. Cheers.

?? I'm simply asking if anyone has used a video grabber to load vhs directly to PD18, instead of transfering to the PC using the shite software that comes with the video grabber, and then having to move the file to PD18. If they have succeeded in doing that, what video grabber did they use?

Hi,
I think you need to provide some more informations as to what you mean exactly.

Do you mean that you want to use PDR18 to capture from a VHS player via a grabber?

Or use a grabber connected to a VHS camera?

Or....?

Many members have used varied video grabbers to capture video from cameras, players etc. so if you can expand and clarify your needs, I'm sure someone will offer their experiences.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Ok, I have a video grabber that connects to av from my old camcorder, but PD18 wo't recognise the video grabber. I've ordered another one that claims that it will function as a web cam in most video editing applications. I'm wondering if anyone has done something like this rather than having to use the video grabber (and it's crap software) to move the video to the hard drive and then move it to PD18 for edit. If you have what brand of video grabber worked in this situation. Apparently you need a video capture card in your PC for PD18 to recognise analog input. Cheers.
Has anyone used a video grabber as a web cam to capture vhs video directly?
Go to: