Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I see what the size of my project will be when produced?
artistsrest123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2015 13:41 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
How can I see what the size of my project will be when produced? I have a very large project and need to know what size HD I need to produce it to. Is there an indication somewhere that I can see that info?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Absolutely! Since the output size will depend both on the content on your timeline as well as the specific output profile you're going to produce to, you can see all the details in the "pie chart" area to the right of the Start button on the produce page:

The pie chart shows the current destination drive as listed in the Export folder box, and that will update if you choose a different drive.

The green Free slice is how much space remains; the blue Used Space show how much is currently in use; the purple Remaining number shows the estimated size of your produced project based on the current produce profile that's selected - it will update if you choose a different profile.

When you start producing, the Produced number will grow while the Remaining number will decrease until Produced shows the finished size.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
artistsrest123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2015 13:41 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Absolutely! Since the output size will depend both on the content on your timeline as well as the specific output profile you're going to produce to, you can see all the details in the "pie chart" area to the right of the Start button on the produce page:

The pie chart shows the current destination drive as listed in the Export folder box, and that will update if you choose a different drive.

The green Free slice is how much space remains; the blue Used Space show how much is currently in use; the purple Remaining number shows the estimated size of your produced project based on the current produce profile that's selected - it will update if you choose a different profile.

When you start producing, the Produced number will grow while the Remaining number will decrease until Produced shows the finished size.

Great thank you. I wasn't sure what that "remaining" was about.. Cheers.