Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio is lagging when I'm transferring video from my DV camcorder
artistsrest123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2015 13:41 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Audio is lagging when I'm transferring video from my DV camcorder using a video grabber. I'm using the webcam to grab the video. Any suggestions on a fix?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
You're using the webcam and screen grabber to capture DV video? Probably not the best way to do it.

Is your miniDV camcorder attached to your computer via a FireWire connection? If so, there's a tool in PowerDirector for copying the video from your camcorder.

Are you using a third-party device to connect your miniDV camcorder via USB? There's still a better way to capture your video than using the screen grabber, and using it will likely remedy your issue.
artistsrest123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You're using the webcam and screen grabber to capture DV video? Probably not the best way to do it.

Is your miniDV camcorder attached to your computer via a FireWire connection? If so, there's a tool in PowerDirector for copying the video from your camcorder.

Are you using a third-party device to connect your miniDV camcorder via USB? There's still a better way to capture your video than using the screen grabber, and using it will likely remedy your issue.

I haven't seen a firewire in ten years.. There is still a better way than the video grabber. What would that be?

regards,

Martin
artistsrest123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You're using the webcam and screen grabber to capture DV video? Probably not the best way to do it.

Howdy,

Any further answer on that better way?

Martin
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Capture your video over a USB connection using the Diamond VC500, available for about $40 on Amazon.

Use the software that comes with the VC500.

The results will edit beautifully in PowerDirector.