Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Excellent idea!
Quote: Do you have PD 14 mostly operating. There was a lot of discussion on wiping and reinstalling so I'm not sure of your status.

In you first post you said you could encode a project but not burn it. Have you tried to make an ISO and burn it to disc using Power2Go (even the free version) or with something like ISOBurn?

This has the added benefit of trouble shooting your project/burner.

Sorry I haven't been getting back here for updates... been very busy.

Yes I did wipe the machine reinstall windows 10 and install a full version of PD14 and I'm happy to report that everything has been working well for a few days now.

I believe there were a number of things that went wrong in this episode. First I upgraded from 13 to 14 on my old machine and that went fine, but my machine was showing it's age and beginning to crash unrelated to to the PD program. I decided it was time for a new machine and go to windows 10.... The new machine also introduced the complication of two versions of windows in mid (upgrade) stream.

At first the install of the upgrade version went well on the new machine... it burned a disc or two before it refused to burn discs. After the burn problem I decided to re-install the PD program that install went ok, but still no burn even though it would make iso and disc folders.

The next problem to show up with the re-install was that my new machine was not able to upload or download anything to the web or cloud and was losing track of the disc drive. After investigating these new problems I decided to clean the registry and delete temporary files etc.

With a refreshed registry (many problems found on a new machine!) I tried another install but this time the install failed looking for an earlier version or a license # (I entered a license # and it wasn't recognized and I tried to download the earlier version and it said the time for download had expired)

Next I wiped the hardrive clean and reinstalled windows 10 and the full version of PD14 and now it's working.

At one point I took an mp3 file produced from the 'no burn' crippled program and when played in Adobe Premiere the video flashed a green blank frame every few frames while displaying video. I fed that mp3 file into another video player and it played fine... no green flashing!
Quote: You claimed to have PD12, 13, and 14 as an upgrade each time. Yet you only registered a software about a year ago.

I've had even more than PD 12 thru 14 but that's all I could find on the carcass of the computer that expired, earlier versions were deleted or on earlier computers.

I had been using Adobe Premiere for many years and several others and transitioned to PD over several years on a trial basis for minor projects as a learning process. I found the CyberLink family of products very confusing, Ultimate, Ultra, Pro, Standard, Deluxe, live, suites etc. and I know tha I over-bought a few times too, (suite products I didn't need or overlap with prior stand-alone purchases.) - Speaking of "over-bought" I now have paid for an update version and a standalone version of PD14. I curious as to how consumer friendly CL will be when I find the time to 'talk' about a refund.

PS registering software is usually not a priority for me as I have found little benefit in doing so... other than getting more junk mail so if I do, I often register the software to a 'junk collector' eMail account separate from my main accounts.
Backups are not the problem, this is not my first rodeo. (My first rodeo was a Univac.)

I've spent a lot of money on a new machine and software, and put many days of work into a lost cause because a CyberLink "upgrade" to PD14 can't be transferred to a replacement PC even though it fools you into thinking that there's a chance it might work.

I guess the lesson here is that if you upgrade version upon version and windows comes out with a new build, and/or you move to a new computer, you have a house of cards built on a shaky foundation.

I do appreciate this forum and the input from users more expert than I with this program. It would be nice if CyberLink had someone to put their two cents in here too. It would also be nice to have a third category of upgrade/full version, i.e. maybe a discount price for loyal, return customers to get a break on the full version.
yes it's a burner, PD14 burned one project disc on it before everything went south....

looking into how to wipe the machine and reinstall win 10 now and start over with a full version of PD14. I wonder what kind of rabbit hole this will be...
Thanks guys for the replies. I do appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

At this point I guess all I can do is buy the full version and start over... however my brand new computer has been messed up by cyberlink.

After I installed the first time (which, by the way, worked to burn 1 or 2 discs then stopped burning.) it refused to burn, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. The reinstall worked however the burn still was not working. desperate to get something rolling, I tried to upload a mpg file to the cloud and my new PC lost the ability to upload and download... and frequently lost track of my DVD drive. I purchased a Registry Repair program and ran it and it concluded that there were bad pointers left from the first uninstall which messed up the next install and corrupted the registry. after "repairing" the registry and cleaning up the temporary files etc. I was able to accomplish one download... and then download/uploads began to fail again and the DVD drive disappears.

So now I have a brand new machine that has problems, will not up or download, looses track of its DVD drive and will no longer accept the PD14 upgrade and the PD14 program is gone so I have to search for files that have been created. (I stopped making my own directories to organize things and started using the simplistic PD14 default directories and filenames thinking that complicated names/directories might be causing it to not burn)

I guess what I should do is reformat the machine and reinstall windows 10 and throw more money at a "Full version" of the program... Thanks CyberLink! !

First I need to now track down and backup all the software I've needlessly purchased (downloads, licenses, subscriptions etc.) to de-bug and work around these problems.

(I've stopped answering calls from the people looking for discs they've purchased from me.)
I need to know how to get my pd14 to burn files.

my old pc died it had PD14 (& 13 & 12) installed on it. My new PC after two installations will not burn disc (not hdw related, tons of mem and space).

after many tries I got a new message "fail to load "MovieProduction.dll" " and then this "Try reinstalling the program"

when I try to reinstall pgm it says you dont have prior version so can't upgrade, enter product key from old version.

I enter the old product key... it will not recognize it...

so I found old eMail from order of Director suite three and tried to install it on the new PC it says download is no longer valid

I have lost weeks of work in this sorry episode and am now loosing business.

I need to talk to a human being to straighten this out!!!!!!!!!!
When you render to an mpg and then create menus and burn disc from the mpg there is a loss in picture quality from original footage isn't there?

Is that just the cost of getting it to burn?
Jeeze Louise ! That was not intuitive to me...

Thank you very much for hanging in there with this newbie... (It would be a gigantic improvement if there were a little tip like your helpful instructions in red.)

I'm frazzled from my video editing system crash - and now trying to build a new system from the ground up under duress and dealing with a bunch of growing pains (windows 10 - crippled old system/cloud (newbie) transfering files/new system not up to speed yet/etc. and customers getting anxious...

Again thank you for your patience and persistence!
Hmmm mine does not show those icons (cancel copy download delete ).

followup question, I attached a screen capture pic to this but it came out in a table format with a tiny image, i.e. not showing the picture like the one you attached. is there another way to attach a picture?
I've seen comments that when "Create Disc" Burns the Final Output to disc instead of "Create a folder" it puts a strain on the machine.

I'm confused. PD does the shows the authoring progress first then the burning progressf how is that different from creating a folder then burning to disc as separate steps?
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question I didn't see any area for Cloud questions. I have PD 14

Simple question - how to delete?
question deleted
Go to: