Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sure Brian, anytime. You can e-mail me directly at jimallensd@cox.net if you like.
Brian,
I was having trouble capturing analog video and audio simultaneously which I replied to in another thread. Anyway here is what I am doing. It involves getting an audio mixer program.

1) I capture my analog video through a digital interface with a USB
connection and record it in Power Director.

2) At the same time I capture my Analog Audio in an Audio Mixer
Program called N-Track.
This allows me to have as many audio tracks as I want. I can then E.Q,
add some compression, reverb or whatever effects I need to make
all the audio tracks sound awesome and then mix them all down into a
single .wav file.
N-Track has a "sync to video" function that matches the audio and
video from Power Director perfectly and puts the composite track in
Power Director's video track. I can then split the audio and video in
Power Director and edit my Video track there. The result is a great
video with awesome sound.

3) N-Track costs around $54.00 but it is a powerful program and user
friendly. You can download a free version to try but unless you buy it
you will get an obnoxious embedded sound in your mixed down tracks.
This is N-Tracks way of forcing you to buy the program. The latest
version is N-Track 5.0.

By the way, I also have a Behringer Eurorack UB1002 which is a
10 track external mixer that I have a microphone, camcorder audio
output, Cassette Deck, CD player, Guitar, Bass, keyboard/midi and
drum machine going into my N-Track. So I am pretty much set to add
whatever sound I want to my videos.

This is a pretty elaorate setup so I don't know if your needs are worth
the cost. The Eurorack mixers have given way to the Xenyx line but
they're still affordable. You can get the Xenyx UB502, 5-channel at
www.musiciansfriend.com for $44.99 or the 10 channel for $69.99. But
you may be able to find some good close-out deals for the Eurorack
series on the internet.

Anyway, good luck in accomplishing your goals.
Does anyone have some advice on how to encorporate a Power Point presentation into a video?
Never mind. Problem solved!
I figured out what to do. I capture the video from my camcorder with my current set up into Power Director and I record my audio track at the same time into my N-Track Audio mixer program. So I can edit and mix down my audio track in N-Track and then use its "sync to video" function to match them up nicely. I then have a composit Video/Audio track in Power Director to work with which I can split and then just edit the video track. The nice thing about using N-Track is I can have multiple audio tracks as in an interview or panel discussion setting then edit and mix them all down to a single audio track and also have Power Director's music track available. That gets past the two sound track limitation of Power Director. Excellent!
Thanks Brian. Here's my set up: I have a vcr type camcorder connected to my battery charger/in-out interface. The outputs are connected to a digital interface which is connected to my computer through a USB connection. I guess the PDR decided TV is the correct setting. So that satisfies me on that point.
Maybe you can help me out with this problem. I want to be able to capture live video and audio simultaneously but so far I have only been able to capture each seperately and it would be very difficult to try and match the two together by voice over. Do you know how I can accomplish this or what is the method for recording live video and audio?
When I select Capture the only device option I am given is TV. All others are greyed out. How can I fix this problem?
The Smart Sound Library doesn't want to install correctly. I have tried uninstall and reinstall but no change. How do I get this to install?
How do I capture live Video and Audio simultaneously? Seems like I can only get one or the other.
Go to: