Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Capture Options
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2007 22:38 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
When I select Capture the only device option I am given is TV. All others are greyed out. How can I fix this problem?
[Post New]
Hi Jim,

When capturing PDR detects what capturing devices are attached to the computer and then it provides those option within the capturing area.

Have you attached your camera and turned in on to "play".?
If not PDR wont know that your camera is available.

If you have attached the camera and turned it on and still doesn't give you the camera as a capturing source you have a completely different problem.

Good luck I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Jim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Brian. Here's my set up: I have a vcr type camcorder connected to my battery charger/in-out interface. The outputs are connected to a digital interface which is connected to my computer through a USB connection. I guess the PDR decided TV is the correct setting. So that satisfies me on that point.
Maybe you can help me out with this problem. I want to be able to capture live video and audio simultaneously but so far I have only been able to capture each seperately and it would be very difficult to try and match the two together by voice over. Do you know how I can accomplish this or what is the method for recording live video and audio?
[Post New]
Jim,
I have a digital camera connected to my computer via a firewire.
I tested your problem by capturing live video and both video and audio worked fine.

I suggest that perhaps your system needs 2 connections to your computer both audio and video. These are probably achieved via 3 RCA plugs but I'm just guessing.

Jim, not knowing exactly what camera setup you have I cant make further comments.

Perhaps somebody else can help.

Good luck

PS. Maybe that Digital interface is not doing what you expected?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2007 02:28

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Jim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured out what to do. I capture the video from my camcorder with my current set up into Power Director and I record my audio track at the same time into my N-Track Audio mixer program. So I can edit and mix down my audio track in N-Track and then use its "sync to video" function to match them up nicely. I then have a composit Video/Audio track in Power Director to work with which I can split and then just edit the video track. The nice thing about using N-Track is I can have multiple audio tracks as in an interview or panel discussion setting then edit and mix them all down to a single audio track and also have Power Director's music track available. That gets past the two sound track limitation of Power Director. Excellent!