Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I also posted on Suggestions for PDR 15 that they add controls for choosing sound card input. It defaults to my internal PC card input and I don't use that on my PC.

So between that and the sound quality/lack of recording quality setting, I'm still using Bandicam for Screen Capture.

This is also the first version of PDR to have this screen capture tool. They'll probably improve on it by version 15.
Prior to Screen Recorder being released in PDR 14, I was using Bandicam to record screen audio/video. Screen Recorder seems to choose the default integrated sound card on my PC. I use an external USB audio interface for all my audio needs, a Focusrite device.

Since I do not use the integrated sound card, I cannot record audio through Screen Recorder. The feature that Bandicam has that I'm not seeing in PDR 14 is the ability to pick any sound device connected to the PC to record audio from. If this "source picker" existed, I could dump Bandicam and rely on CL for both capture and editing.
That's how I do it as well. YouTube allows you to set the time location in the video you want the URL to come up and where to place/format how it looks on the screen. When you save the change it instantly updates the video with it.
Thanks for the tip!
Unless someone else has a work around you may need to use a 3rd party software to extract the audio tracks then.
Can you right-click on the MP4 in the Media Library and choose Export Audio? If that works you could then just add the audio in to the project as an audio-only file.
Thanks for the info Anja.

I've seen those posts and the thing different on mine is that I'm using .AVI, not .MP4 to create the video. I have also tried both VBR and CBR and it does not work on either.

I'm assuming I'll just have to use the MPEG-1 or Motion JPEG codecs in Bandicam until this gets resolved from either side.

Thanks again!
Hi guys. Having fun with learning PD13 but having significant audio delays when recording with the H264 codec to an .AVI format. I tried many combinations of the codec as shown in the Bandicam post below, VBR, CBR, high quality, low quality. It doesn't seem to matter which combination I use, they all have audio delays of up to 5 seconds. For audio, recording PCM, stereo 44.1 kHz. As soon as I record with a different codec like MPEG-1 or Motion JPEG, the audio sync issues go away. I thought it may be an issue on the Bandicam side but I can use any standard .AVI player and the issue is non-existent.

Are there known compatibility issues with PD13 interpreting H264 codec videos?

Found a similar post that Carl helped on here: Sync Post

Bandicam Post: Issues with H.264 NVIDIA NVENC Settings - Outdated System?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Overview

PC : DELL PRECISION WORKSTATION - Model T5400

CPU : 1902 Mhz x4 ( GenuineIntel )

RAM : 10 Gig

DISKS : C:\ 256 Gig SSD : D:\ 500 Gig HD

IE Version : 9.11.9600.17801

DirectX : version 9.0 or later Installed (4.09.00.0904)

VGA (3 screens) : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Sound Card : Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB Audio Interface

Thanks again Anja. I picked up the Bandicam license as the tools I tried were not sufficient. Bandicam allows me to record 2 audio sources and save them off to separate .WAV files, awesome. Appreciate the recommendation.
If you can't get the audio to play in PD after you try Shadowman's suggestion, you could right-click on the video file in the media folder list and export audio to .WAV. That may be a way to resurrect it.
I guess I missed another tool I already have. Oops. I have a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 HD Video Recorder that I use to convert old VHS tapes onto PC. It has an HDMI IN/OUT pass-through that I can put between the PC and the widescreen monitor. That may be a better solution than Camtasia as it has a facecam ability.
Thanks Anja. I'll check out Bandicam.
Thanks for the quick reply Steve. Yeah, I have a web cam but unfortunately that would not be of the quality that a direct capture on the screen would provide. As long as that old Camtasia works, that may be the permanent solution for capture.
Hi folks. New to the forums and PowerDirector. I've searched for this question here on the forums but didn't find an answer. I'm trying to see if there's a way in Capture mode to record the desktop or any software open on it.

I'm currently using a really old version of Camtasia to do the same thing and importing that clip into PD13. Am I out of luck for doing direct capture this way to PD13?

By the way, really enjoying all other aspects of the software.
Go to: