Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reading online about PowerDVD 20 and realizing no longer list support for 3D Blu-ray playback. I loved older versions of this program and would use nothing else to play all my blu-rays. Is 3D still supported?

Lots of good movies being released in 3D not to mention Marvel and Star Wars. Would be a shame this premier player for movie and audiophiles no longer can do it all.
Way to let us all down.
My point is that advertising Windows 10 suport is misleading and Cyberlink should instead cleary state windows 10 suport doesn't include computers with NVIDIA cards. Anything else is actually very misleading. I guess cyberlink could add that users of POWERDVD19 can playback 3D blu rays with Nvidia cards if the user is willing to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 and also install an older nvidia videocard driver. I guess both intel and AMD have solutions for 3D playback included in their drivers and software still. Cyberlink should let users know 3D playback is not something they are making possible through there software but requires 3rd party suport and drivers that contain the programing code that allows for 3D movies to be played.
My Windows 10 update just automatically installed nvidia driver 430.58. Now no longer suports 3DTV play and I can no longer play 3D on my hdmi 1.4 set with a 2080ti card. Looks like no fix coming and this is probably the end for 3D blu ray stereoscopic playback with cyberlink player 19 on windows 10. It is time the product page is updated and the 3D playback feature removed as it is definitely not suported anymore on windows 10. I will not be buying powerdvd anymore unless they come out with there own solution for this.

Game over man. Game over.
Wow!!! I just clean instaled windows 10 1903 and after going through windows update and not installing any other drivers can play blu-ray stereoscopic 3D with Cyberlink PowerDVD!!! I can't believe this. I have an NVIDIA 2080ti graphic card pluged into an HDMI 1.4 3D compliant TV. Before had to use NVIDIA 3DTV play to work but now don't even need the NVIDIA driver installed. I was freeking out after hearing NVIDIA retiring 3D NVISION but now who cares!!! 3D playback seems to be working through INTEL driver after I uesed windows update only. Thank you Microsoft for fixing this. I really am happy now. I was hoping the new version of windows would fix this but never really expected it would. Thought no one else cared!!!
I'm glad you can watch UHD videos.

Anyone have any information about AMD cards that work with cyberlink and 3d vision or intel graphics. I'm not sure any do unfortunately. Would be very interestesd in any cards that do work now with their current drivers of course. Would buy. As I've said very interested in 3D Blu Rays myself.
I'm curiouis QC 2.0 what hardware you use and if you also watch 3D Blu Rays with PowerDVD 19? Thanks for your help in this matter.
I am frustrated things that worked don't now but understand too I'm not interested in blaming anyone. I personally used PowerDVD only to watch my 3D Blu Rays. If issue isn't resolved by someone I wont be using this software anymore but I'm not blaming anyone. As far as being responsible as a company Cyberlink could update their specs page for this palyer. Currently they report blu ray 3d being suported by them on computers with intel, amd and nvidia devices. I myself havn't been able to get 3D working on an intel device either.
Wow. This is terrible. Only reason I have powerdvd. I can't get any 3d blu rays now to play with latest NVIDIA drivers. How rediculous when things that use to work don't.
That answers that. Very helpful reply. Thank you.

Only question I would have left is does anyone have 3D stereoscopic working on Windows 10 through any adaptor like display port or usb-c other than an HDMI port?

I may be wrong but I highly suspect an HDMI port is the only thing that will work and adaptors from other types wont work. I've not found anything my self but then again this doesn't prove anything.

If it is true, would be nice if cyberlink added this to their product discription to save users the hassel of figuring it out ourselves. Say something like "3D Blu Ray playback available through compatible HDMI ports on Windows 10". Sounds good and users wouldn't have frustration when trying it through other connections.
I just realized might sound like I'm telling people to buy the most expensive graphic card available. Absolutely not. I think most important thing is it's got an HDMI port directly integrated into the graphic card. I'm not sure if AMD would also work. My Nvidia has a setting called 3D TV play and this switches on when I enable 3D display under window settings. I think any NVIDIA card from last several years would work fine. Would be interested with anyone using an AMD card if 3D stereoscopic blu ray playback works with PowerDVD too.
Yeah. That is what I meant. My nvidia 3d 2080 ti oc 11gb card has several dispaly ports, one hdmi port and also a usb-c port. I have the microsoft usb-c to hdmi adapter and also purchased a display port to hdmi adapter. I used both to try to output 3d stereoscopic blu ray 3d to my hdmi 3d tv. Neither worked and had same issue with usb-c I did with my surface book 2 where output was 2D.

I am happy the 3D works as before using the HDMI output. I use windows 10 and under display properties select 3D. After this when I use Cyberlink 3D 18 it plays 3D Blu Ray correctly. This is only thing that has worked for me and I've also tested and had same results with my Epson 2150 3D projector.

I suspect only HMDI ports now ever work with stereoscopic 3D but I can confirm wasn't always the case and was able many years ago to use my Surface Pro 3 using Microsoft's Micro Dispaly Port to HDMI adapter. It worked on the same HDMI 1.4 3D TV I'm still using. I think ever since windows 10, I havn't had 3D stereoscpopic blu ray working on anything other than an direct HDMI port. May have worked briefly with the preview insider builds but that was it.

Kind of sad really but I think NVIDIA is to thank for it working at all now and I suspect those working on PowerDVD know this too or otherwise arn't focused on this issue and think 4K is way to go. I still like using both my eyes. Not buying an eye patch anytime soon. I will keep my license renewing for PowerDVD live now that I can use it with my desktop. I just wish laptop worked too because I sometime would want to use it on a screen in back yard to impress neighbors.
Not working still. I can confirm broke on surface book 2. Because I love 3D so much I bought s desktop Alienware with a 2080 card. My 3D setup works when I plug this card directly through HDMI out but not through cards display port or usb-c output. Therefore issue I think is that surface book 2 doesn’t have an HDMI port but uses an Usb-c instead. Sorry I don’t have better news. Would love to have my laptop working for when I’m showing movies outside with my projector. Has anyone had PowerDVD output stereoscopic 3D on anything but an HDMI output?
Won't be renewing my PowerDVD Live Subscription when it runs out if 3D not fixed. Really feel sad as I've enjoyed this program many years watching 3D movies but now seems program not getting the suport to keep it working. 3D broke for me since using Windows 10 and I'm starting to think wont be fixed even though I'm using a very common set up. For what its worth here is the results when I ran Blu Ray 3D advisor on my home set up.
Unfortunately, I only have my $3,000 surface book 2 with an integrated Intel 8th generation UHD 620 graphics processor plus an NVIDIA 1060 GPU. I'm also using microsoft's own adapter along with latest drivers and also latest windows 10 updates. Kind of thought this would work with PowerDVD 18. After all I can't be the only person with a surface book 2. I hear they're quite popular.
Yep. Still broke. Has anyone had a 3D BluRay play correctly using Windows 10 and latest PowerDVD 18? Or is this feature broke but PowerDVD still advertising it as a feature.
Still broke after 1815 patch. 3D not working on surface book 2. Plays in 2D although says outputting in 3D.
If anyone can get PowerDVD 18 to output stereoscopic 3d 1080p 24 hz to an HDMI 1.4 compliant 3d TV through the Microsoft usb-c to hdmi adapter please let me know. I think it is broke on Windows 10 ver 1803. Have tried everything including clean reinstall of windows and loading most recent Nvidia and Intel display drivers.
3D Blu Ray playback is broke I have windows 10 1803 version and tried everything to get my Surface Book 2 to output 1080p stereoscopic 3d 24 hz to my HDMI 1.4. Using microsoft own usb-c hdmi adaptor. Nothing has worked. Only get 2d video. I started a ticket but nothing happened. Was asked to give screen shot of error although no error. Just getting 2d video.
When I use POWERDVD Live latest version it correctly detects my TV as HDMI 1.4 1080p 24hz 3D capable. When I play 3D blu ray though video is 2D. I've been using this player many years and know the software is set up correctly. I'm using a windows surface 2 book 15 inch monior with Nvidia 1060. The software though uses the intel onboard gpu which is a UHD 620. I first tired this on a new installation of windows 10 with latest updates through microsoft. Didn't work. Tried installing both intel graphic driver and nvidia graphic driver. Didn't work. Opted into windows insider R4 program. Didn't work. Opted into windows insider R5 program. Didn't work. Each time same problem. Everything seems correct but playing in 2d. I'm also using the official usb-c adapter to hdmi from microsoft. I have to think my set up is perty straight forward and I've tried all the reasonable things to fix issue. I'm starting to believe just doesn't work on windows 10 using intel gpu's. Also, surface book 2 automaticly selects the onboard intel gpu and unable to switch to Nvidia GPU.

By the way, last year I was able to watch 3d movies using PowerDVD on a surface 3 with an intel hd 5000 gpu connecting my same TV through microsoft's Display Port to HDMI adapter. Worked great. Thought upgrading to better, newer equipment would be a treat. Boy was I wrong. No suport.

After reading your post I did locate the Intel drivers that you used sucessfuly and tried installing. Unfortunately on Surface Book 2 the drivers fail and screen go permanently blank afterwards. Had to reinstall windows before my monitor worked again.
Go to: