Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I use POWERDVD Live latest version it correctly detects my TV as HDMI 1.4 1080p 24hz 3D capable. When I play 3D blu ray though video is 2D. I've been using this player many years and know the software is set up correctly. I'm using a windows surface 2 book 15 inch monior with Nvidia 1060. The software though uses the intel onboard gpu which is a UHD 620. I first tired this on a new installation of windows 10 with latest updates through microsoft. Didn't work. Tried installing both intel graphic driver and nvidia graphic driver. Didn't work. Opted into windows insider R4 program. Didn't work. Opted into windows insider R5 program. Didn't work. Each time same problem. Everything seems correct but playing in 2d. I'm also using the official usb-c adapter to hdmi from microsoft. I have to think my set up is perty straight forward and I've tried all the reasonable things to fix issue. I'm starting to believe just doesn't work on windows 10 using intel gpu's. Also, surface book 2 automaticly selects the onboard intel gpu and unable to switch to Nvidia GPU.

By the way, last year I was able to watch 3d movies using PowerDVD on a surface 3 with an intel hd 5000 gpu connecting my same TV through microsoft's Display Port to HDMI adapter. Worked great. Thought upgrading to better, newer equipment would be a treat. Boy was I wrong. No suport.

After reading your post I did locate the Intel drivers that you used sucessfuly and tried installing. Unfortunately on Surface Book 2 the drivers fail and screen go permanently blank afterwards. Had to reinstall windows before my monitor worked again.
I also can no longer play 3D blu rays on my surface book 2 attached to my 3D HDMI 1.4 compatible TV. I have the latest Windows Insider Preview and also installed the latest Intel and NVidia Graphic Drivers. I am certain everything is correctly installed and up to date. Frustrated Cyberlink still advertised Windows 10 Compatibility and also that player suports 3D playback. Is obvious this feature not being suported and was main reason I purchased product. All this money to watch 3D blu rays in 2D.
I found a fix. The Intel driver that Microsoft roles out through their windows update isn't fully featured although it has the same diver number as the one from Intel's site. If you install the Intel driver it will fix the problem and was able to play 3d from my surface 3 pro to my 3dtv using the DisplayPort hdmi adaptor. Everything after installing the Intel driver worked exactly as expected. Very happy.

If anyone else having same problem and wants to try this. Download the ZIP form of the latest Intel graphic driver from Intel.com download center. Extract the download then go into device manger. Right click on graphic driver and hit update driver. Don't let Microsoft search for a driver but select have a disk then select folder you extracted to. The file you need to pick to install the driver is under graphics subfolder and is the only .inf file. The name changes but currently is called igdlh64.inf. I even noticed after installing this didn't just fix my 3D but Cyberlink True Theater was smoother too. Hope this helps.
I got this reply and now my support ticket is closed:

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for writing back.

In regards to your concern, I would like inform as you have mentioned the condition happen after Windows 10 upgrade, the Intel VGA driver are still having high update frequency by Intel lab due to Win 10 compatibility issue fixing.

Due to there is Displayport to HDMI adapter doing the signal conversion, the complexity would cause difficulty for engineer to sort out the exact root cause of the condition.

I would advise you to switch the VGA connection from A/V receiver to connect 3D TV directly with HDMI cable. Check if the 3D display could be detected by VGA driver and PowerDVD properly.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.

Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thank You and Best Regards,

Akarsh
CyberLink Technical Support

This didn't fix my problem and the support ticket is closed. Only reason I own Power DVD 15 is to play 3D blu ray. Once my subscription expires wont be renewing my membership.
Well I did get a reply but nothing fixed yet. Was instructed to uninstall recent beta and reinstall new version 2003. Did and of course didn't fix problem. Feeling a little like I'm getting the run around. Problem is straight forward. Take a surface 3 Pro and place in docking station with the mircosoft displayport to hdmi adapter. Able to play stereoscopic 3D to my TV with windows 8.1. Update to Windows 10 and install all latest updates through windows update and install PowerDVD 15 all under clean install. No 3D.
Well I submitted the error to tech support. Will update when I get an answer.
Patch 1916 didn't fix the problem. I don't think this is related to issue others were having. I've been using Windows 10 for last year during the preview and this would occasionally happen. In one build would be broken, next get fixed and then break again. Unfortunately in final build seems broken again. I believe the issue is directly related to the Surface 3 Pro display port out and the Intel drivers for its HD5000 graphics. I have at times contacted Microsoft and Intel as well as PowerDVD 15. When I spoke to PowerDVD the response was it didn't support beta software as Windows 10 was still in development. Now it is finished I hope they fix this with the surface 3 Pro. Am I then only one using this device to try to watch 3D movies with. When it was working was great!
Patch 1916 didn't fix the problem. I don't think this is related to issue others were having. I've been using Windows 10 for last year during the preview and this would occasionally happen. In one build would be broken, next get fixed and then break again. Unfortunately in final build doesn't seems broken again. I believe the issue is directly related to the Surface 3 Pro display port out and the Intel drivers for its HD5000 graphics. I have at times contacted Microsoft and Intel as well as PowerDVD 15. When I spoke to PowerDVD the response was it didn't support beta software as Windows 10 was still in development. Now it is finished I hope they fix this with the surface 3 Pro. Am I then only one using this device to try to watch 3D movies with. When it was working was great!
I am using a surface 3 pro with Intel HD 5000 gpu and since update to Windows 10 no longer detects my TV as HDMI 1.4 3D compatible. I have also tried the beta patch 1916 but same issue.
I am also having issues with more recent intel drivers and PowerDVD14 LIVE. I was able to play 3D stereoscopic bluray on my surface 3 through HDMI to my 3D TV until recently. Windows 8.1 updated and stopped working. I'm not sure if the issue is with intel, Microsoft or cyberlink but hope it gets fixed. Enjoyed being able to watch 3D movies at home with my surface. It is the i7 version with intel HD5000 graphics. I've submitted a support ticket with cyberlink. They have responded and asked for more information about my issue. Hoping it gets fixed.
Go to: