Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D playback
ronvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2018 10:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It was a long standing issue with 3D playback on Intel's rubbish integrated HD530 graphics drivers which are working in hybrid mode and it is impossible to disable on a laptop. So after reading that both Intel confirmed the issue was fixed on Windows Creator's Fall release and Powerdvd 17 update patch I upgraded my Powerdvd 15. Guess what NOT WORKING with Intel's sh*t latest drivers. Lagging between scenes is terrible headache inducing, audio is delayed and when switching to 2D the driver becomes corrupted and needs to be reinitialised by either unpluging HDMI cable or reset. Also Powerdvd no longer supports SGH subtitles in SBS or OU 3D so you see double subs or you can use srt files from outside. Theonly way around it is to use the intel drivers version .4364 from June 2016. Anybody knows another option?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It was a long standing issue with 3D playback on Intel's rubbish integrated HD530 graphics drivers which are working in hybrid mode and it is impossible to disable on a laptop. So after reading that both Intel confirmed the issue was fixed on Windows Creator's Fall release and Powerdvd 17 update patch I upgraded my Powerdvd 15. Guess what NOT WORKING with Intel's sh*t latest drivers. Lagging between scenes is terrible headache inducing, audio is delayed and when switching to 2D the driver becomes corrupted and needs to be reinitialised by either unpluging HDMI cable or reset. Also Powerdvd no longer supports SGH subtitles in SBS or OU 3D so you see double subs or you can use srt files from outside. Theonly way around it is to use the intel drivers version .4364 from June 2016. Anybody knows another option?

Have your ever tried the customzied GPU driver version that offered from your PC manufacturer but not Intel?
If there is no compatibility issue with the custmized veresion driver, it is not necessory to update the driver to latest generic version from Intel.
ronvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is an Acer laptop and Acer is highly recommending ugrading all drivers after the initial loaded onto the machine using windows update. But no it wasn't working from the beginning with the ones provided by acer. I had to go further back in time which was suggested by another Intel user. It is very frustrating to know that both intel and cyberlink have stated that this isssue is fixed with the newest patches and drivers when actually it isn't
lxf12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2015 16:18 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I also can no longer play 3D blu rays on my surface book 2 attached to my 3D HDMI 1.4 compatible TV. I have the latest Windows Insider Preview and also installed the latest Intel and NVidia Graphic Drivers. I am certain everything is correctly installed and up to date. Frustrated Cyberlink still advertised Windows 10 Compatibility and also that player suports 3D playback. Is obvious this feature not being suported and was main reason I purchased product. All this money to watch 3D blu rays in 2D.
ronvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
What are your symptoms, drivers hardware etc. Just curious! I managed to have a smooth 3D experience by loading those early drivers and when I am not watching revert to the latest.
lxf12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2015 16:18 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
When I use POWERDVD Live latest version it correctly detects my TV as HDMI 1.4 1080p 24hz 3D capable. When I play 3D blu ray though video is 2D. I've been using this player many years and know the software is set up correctly. I'm using a windows surface 2 book 15 inch monior with Nvidia 1060. The software though uses the intel onboard gpu which is a UHD 620. I first tired this on a new installation of windows 10 with latest updates through microsoft. Didn't work. Tried installing both intel graphic driver and nvidia graphic driver. Didn't work. Opted into windows insider R4 program. Didn't work. Opted into windows insider R5 program. Didn't work. Each time same problem. Everything seems correct but playing in 2d. I'm also using the official usb-c adapter to hdmi from microsoft. I have to think my set up is perty straight forward and I've tried all the reasonable things to fix issue. I'm starting to believe just doesn't work on windows 10 using intel gpu's. Also, surface book 2 automaticly selects the onboard intel gpu and unable to switch to Nvidia GPU.

By the way, last year I was able to watch 3d movies using PowerDVD on a surface 3 with an intel hd 5000 gpu connecting my same TV through microsoft's Display Port to HDMI adapter. Worked great. Thought upgrading to better, newer equipment would be a treat. Boy was I wrong. No suport.

After reading your post I did locate the Intel drivers that you used sucessfuly and tried installing. Unfortunately on Surface Book 2 the drivers fail and screen go permanently blank afterwards. Had to reinstall windows before my monitor worked again.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2018 14:39

markvergin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2016 08:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdvd is best option for 3d iso, using lenovo aio idealcentre with intel i7 6th gen & nvidia 950a intergrate graphic + BenQ W1080st+ projector & 106" projector screen.

need to do 2 thnigs to achive your goal.

1. download latest intel & nvidia drivers manually vial website.
2. temporary disable windows defenders, install nvidial driver, choose clean installation, then move on to install new intel driver,

3. to get perfect 3d you need to completely disaple all intel 3d settings, and max all nvidia setting + chose geforce gtx950a as physx processor.
ronvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
The intel 3D settings do not refer to stereoscopic rendering they only apply to programs using 3D image composition like games. And unfortunately my system is hybrid meaning the intel chip cannot be bypassed and Powerdvd doesn't even uses the nvidia chip even when specifically selected. Many other programs ignore the intel HD chip and directly use nvidia. Powerdvd is rubbish. It became a behemoth of useless spagetti code. Doesn't even play 4K properly. Anyways it is a lost cause for me. I use the driver from 2016 for 3D movies and revert to the new when not need it. But thank you for your input much appreciated
ronvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi unfortunately I cannot help you with Powerdvd live I don't even know if it is supposed to play 3D movies altogether but what I know is that Powerdvd does not play 3D movies automatically anymore even when selected in the 3D settings unless it is a disc either in ISO or physical media so I have to go to 3D settings and manually choose side by side or over under or 2D if I want. Maybe your is on 2D by default. Check it out
markvergin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2016 08:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530

what`s your gpu? nvidia / ati or just cpu intel?

cause if it cpu intel, intel hd 530 DOES NOT SUPPORT 3D.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2018 22:14