Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
One editing problem I'm finding using Photodirector 6 is removing chromatic aberrations, is there not an option to completely remove them with one click or am I only able able to change the colour?

Such a simple and effective fix which seems to be lacking from the software
Quote:
Quote: Hi guys, I'm currently trialing Photodirector 6 and I have been impressed up until I uploaded a RAW Nikon (NEF) file earlier today and the image is completely underexposed and covered in a dark green layer.

Any solutions would be grateful!!

I looked and had one NEF file on my computer from about 3 years ago. I opened it and it was not underexposed nor did it have a dark green layer.

I seem to remember that Nikon has a nef to other image converter to help with that. Thisa is a new computer so I don't think that I have that converter. I seem to remember that another person had issues with NEF files., do a search for that term in this part of the forum.

Found it: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28893.page

If you don't need the NEF files, just use the converter.

Thanks for helping out Steve
Quote: Hello Dean,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum

This issue has been reported to CyberLink and only applies to 12-bit NEF files. If you change your bit depth setting to 14-bit, the RAW files will display correctly in PhD.

Just for comparison, I shot a series of photos (Nikon D5300) switching settings between 12-bit to 14-bit.

You'd probably be aware that 14-bit RAW files have a greater file size, so SD space & battery life is affected. The upside is (in theory) photos with about 4 times the shades of intensity as 12-bit. It's highly debatable whether this has much practical benefit.

Unfortunately, the 12-bit NEFs you shot of that special event will have to go into storage (like mine)

PIX

Worked perfect!!

Thanks very much for the advice
Hi guys,

I'm currently trialing Photodirector 6 and I have been impressed up until I uploaded a RAW Nikon (NEF) file earlier today and the image is completely underexposed and covered in a dark green layer, I've tried finding answers to solve this for me but I'm seriously struggling.

Was 100% going to purchase the software after my 30 day trial period but obviously if I can't use it to edit my RAW files then it's pretty much useless to me, Lightroom it will have to be.

Any solutions would be grateful, thanks for reading!!
Go to: