Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't I Just Remove Chromatic Aberrations??
Dean82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2015 13:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
One editing problem I'm finding using Photodirector 6 is removing chromatic aberrations, is there not an option to completely remove them with one click or am I only able able to change the colour?

Such a simple and effective fix which seems to be lacking from the software
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: One editing problem I'm finding using Photodirector 6 is removing chromatic aberrations, is there not an option to completely remove them with one click or am I only able able to change the colour?

Such a simple and effective fix which seems to be lacking from the software

Please explain more.

Using the control get rid of the aberrations:
"The chromatic aberration section helps to remove color distortions, or fringes, along boundaries that separate dark and bright colors in photos. These fringes are caused when a camera lens does not properly focus all the colors at these boundaries."

What are you trying to remove? Remember that is also tied into the lens you use so a one click control wouldn't fit all lenses. I'm sure you know this but just for others that are not sure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration

Did you try the "Auto Lense Correction"? Did that do it?

"use Auto Lens Correction to correct distorted photos, or just manually correct them if they have a keystone effect, fisheye distortion, or vignette effect. Or you can add a custom vignetting effect to photos if required."

To use Auto Lens Correction on a photo, do this:
1. Select the photo in the photo browser panel that you want to correct and then select Enable correction.
2. By default, CyberLink PhotoDirector will read the photo's metadata, auto select the drop-downs for you, and then correct the photo.
Note: if any of the drop-downs have a None value, there is no correction profile currently available for that lens. See Downloading Lens Profiles from DirectorZone for information on finding the lens profile for your camera." .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote: Can't I Just Remove Chromatic Aberrations??

Yes, you can

Hello Dean,

Correcting chromatic aberrations (fringing) is easily done, though it depends on how the photo was shot. For example, if you shoot RAW you'll have much more success with it. Correcting a JPEG works, but it's not quite so accurate. The test image I used for the screenshots below is a JPEG.

When setting the slider(s) under Lens Correction > Chromatic Aberration, there'll be a point just before it begins to over-correct. That's the point to shoot for.

PIX

[Thumb - Chromatic Aberration.jpg]
 Filename
Chromatic Aberration.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
323 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
503 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2015 12:26

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
I found that in lightroom and photoshop it takes a little tweaking. and experimenting. what may work on one image won't on another.

No quick fix .. it is in the art of post processing “What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
My Gallery