Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Pix

Thanks for your quick replies. Cyberlink owes you big for the support you give their customers.

I've posted 3 more jpgs of screen captures of my export settings. I think this is what you requested.

The paint program was indeed running in the background, but only for me to process the error and export screenshots. I don't usually have any other photo software running in the background when using PHD.

Please keep in mind that to me, there seems to be two errors that I get, but both related to saving/exporting. One is: "Can not decode the master", which is a real nuisance, but at least I do not lose my work. The other is the "File in Use" error, which doesn't allow saving or exporting. I get the "File in Use" error when trying to save. After that failed, I tried to export, but that failed too.

Thank so much for your help.

Don

I have to admit that I'm getting quite discouraged with the software. While I like the ease of use and somewhat intuitive features for a novice like myself, I'm not sure the frustration associated with saving/exporting pictures is worth it. I just want a program to work and help adjust/organize my pictures.

Regarding the "Can not decode the master" message. Still no resolution. Cyberlinks just keeps asking for more and more info, but has suggested absolutely nothing. The only way I've been able to get around this error is to delete the picture from the library, and re-import it by syncing the folders. It comes back in fine. It's a real nuisance.

Now I have another issue with exporting/saving. I've attached a couple of shots of the message I'm getting with some pictures I just recently imported into the software. I didn't nothing of note differently from the other 4600 pictures that I've imported. After importing them, I tried to make a few adjustments, and then when I when to save it, I got the message "File in Use". I had no other software running in the background that I though would be using the file, so I re-booted the computer in an effort to release any potential locks. Getting back into PhotoDirector immediately after re-boot, only to find that the error persists.

It appears that Cyberlink doesn't answer its tickets very quickly. After checking for a response daily, I gave up, only to find that they replied after 8 days. Also, their tech support ticketing system provides no way to add/append/edit or followup on the ticket unless a representative has responded to it, and even then, it's only at their direct request. I find that odd and inefficient.

As you can tell from my tone, I'm quite frustrated at this point, and would really like the software to work. Thankfully, I didn't spend hundreds of $'s on PHD.

Please help.
Don

Hi PIX

Thanks so much for your response. You're very knowledgeable and I sincerely appreciate any help you can give me. There are so many features of the software that I like that I do not want to give up on it.

Issue #1: The first screenshot it of the decode issue. But then, once I get that, I can not save any file, hence, the second screenshot telling me that the file is in use.

Issue #2: The virtual copy. I can recreate this all the time. When I go into edit, and especially when I use "content aware removal", upon getting out, it gives me a message saying "processing", and a virtual copy will appear.

Issue #3: I've attached another error message that tells me nothing, other than that I get it occasionally, but not all the time, when I try to save a picture.

Again, thanks very much for your help.

Don

Hi All:

I'm new to Photo Director 6, and have already run into a few frustrating issues. The above is a message that I get very often, and the closest to a pattern that I can get is that it usually happens when I've edited a picture, a virtual picture is created (which I would prefer it not, but... ) and then export it back to the drive. If I "Save To" the drive, The picture is save with .JPG.jpg. Not sure why the extention would show up twice, but it does.

I've submitted a support ticket, but after sending all the requested info, including, but not limited to, the dxdiag, a couple of screenshots of the error message, my original receipt for the purchase of the software, I'm yet to receive a response to help me solve this problem. And, BTW, Cyberlink's help tickets do not allow you to enter any other additional notes, requests, followups, etc... unless they've requested the info, or you open another ticket, which they ask that you do not do.

So far, my experience with Cyberlink has not been the best. If not for the face tagging, along with some rather cool adjustment and edit options that even a novice like myself are easily able to figure out, along with being in my price range, I would likely have already returned the software and not given it or any other Cyberlink product another look. I really want to continue to use the software and give it my best, so can anyone shed some light on the above error, even if Cyberlink doesn't? Errors like the above are unacceptable, and no response and/or assistance to solve these problems makes it even more frustrating.

Thanks,
Don
Go to: