Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Also you stated that my cpu was on the low end... From the bit of research i did i thought i was a good one??? but is it safe to say that it should be good considering its a i7?
Hey dafydd, sorry for such a long gap in reaponse. We unchecked the shadow file generation. It didnt seem to help in the current project (New greenscreen so we played with chromakey) but i will keep an eye on it for the next project. Ill upload a video clip this weekend.
You know. Im very very new to this program. like 5 moths barely. And I don't even use it. My wife does. And from what I know about it, it doesn't seem like its a great product. I mean she gets the editing done but constant problems that I chase. Always freezing, skipping during preview. now I understand this could be hardware related but I have friends that do the same thing with a lot less powerful machines. I am on a laptop and so are some of them. But this thing is running a quad core i7 with 8gb of ram and a GeForce gtx 850m gpu. looking at the specs of pd13 these blow the min req out of the water. so id hate to see how this program acts with the min req. Im currently seeking help for these problems through the forum under "SEPERATE HARD DRIVES? PLEASE HELP" if anyone has some other suggestions. Someone thinks that the frame rate from the DSLR footage is so high that while shes editing is the cause to the preview not playing and the program freezing or skipping. I don't know. Like I said I have friends doing the same thing with less but using "DIFFERENT" programs. The reason I purchased this program for her is because of the reviews I got from different places online. A lot of places put this up against the other big dogs (adobe, sony) and said this is a way better bang for the buck. Then onece I got it it was on like a 75% off sale so we got it supper cheap. But now im starting to second guess. But being fair im trying to stick with it and see if ppl can help solve these probs. The only one I can think of that makes sense is the HDD its 5400rpm. Which I've read, doesn't do justice for this machine. But on here im being told it should be plenty to do editing. So we'll see. But from starting to read through all these reviews im starting to feel like HIGHWINDER is right and these guys are out of their league.
Also Dafydd
I have thought about upgrading ram as well. But considering pd13 says you only need like 2 or 4gb (i can't remember) i didnt continue the process thinking 8 is already more than enough but now i question that???? what are you thoughts and reasoning on this subject???
Myk - i've never heard of that so i will def look into that.

secondly - you need to find the .exe file that runs pd13 from there you manually add it as a game. This laptop has a program call Nvidia Geforce Experience. When it opens it has 5 tabs across the top. You want to clink on Prefences and then on the left you sell

General

Games

Shadowplay

Batter Boost

you want to click on games. then on the right you'll see the "+" sign. That is where you add the source. This is a option because the program would normally auto detect (from my understanding) any games installed on the machine that can use that graphics card. there are two pics atached one showing the fist thing i talked about and one showing what i mean by auto detect.
Two more attachements
Ok so im not sure and havent really ever been sure that pd13 has been using my dedicated card (gtx850m) as i've never found a way to know for sure. What i do know is that i've selected hardware acceleration as you can see in the screenshots and in the nvidia program i've manually added pd13 as if it were a game. This laptop was specifically bought for my wife to produce videos as she has gotten into vlogging on youtube. (mommy videos) i know a desktop is would've been a much better option but with having a 2year old and trying for another a desktop just doesnt make alot of sense in this house lol. Basically because she does her editing WHEN & WHERE she CAN. LOL Now as far as the method ur asking about u've completley lost me as im not exactly understanding what your pic means as far as picking a method. just opening the file she was last working on takes a minute and hdd light stays solid. Hence the other concern about hard drive When my wife gets home i can have her show me in that video where the time lapse is and i can go from there and hopefully get you some more info.
Here is the diag and the version info along with the screenshot of the project she was just currently working on. Thanks for your help Dafydd. i appreciate it!!!
anyone else have any more experience on this that could give me a hand???
Hey there Dafydd. im not sure on how to give u the diag info. if there is a way you can instruct me im more than happy. all of the video is shot from her dslr or her sony handycam. she def isnt doing anything crazy. just normal stuff. on putting in one source. time lapse here and there and trasistions. sometime cuttin audio and replacing with music. i feel like this is pretty basic stuff. i do notcie my the hdd light stay pretty solid when thhe freezing is going on. this laptop exceeds the min req of the program by far. i feel like most of these problems are software related. i have friends doing alot more with alot less with other programs like sonys. thanks for you help. and replacing with a ssd is pretty straight forward. its no different in size compared to a hdd so im not sure what your meaning there.
I've been searching google for this answer and i must not be asking the question correctluy. My laptop has a 5400rpm hard drive. When purchasing i read in the reviews thats its the only problem with it and can/will become the bottleneck of the system. So heres my problem. When my wife does her video editing its constatnly skipping and freezing while doing her edits. Trying to do time lapse is insane. You pretty much have to just produce the video and watch it to see if you did your edits right. because the preview just keeps skipping and freezing. So i've read that the best way to do editing is to have the program on one hard drive and your data on another. but what way should this be. I was going to buy her a ssd internal drive for her laptop. At that rate do i need to split this up? if i do split it up do i keep the program on the internal ssd or put it on a seperate drive or visa versa??? Please help as this has gotten very irritating. Thanks. Oh and specs of laptop are very good. i7 4700hq, 8gb ram geforece gtx 850. with 2gb
Hey there sonic67. i dont know how i missed this thread but now i understand what you were saying about drivers not mattering in my case. Thanks for your hard work and explanations
This is why i downgraded drivers http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html?&r=1

specifically this part
NVIDIA:
GeForce 8500GT/9800GT and above
GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200/400/500/600 Series
PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver.
i am running pd13 but there isnt much help for it and my situation. i stumbled upon this thread and you seemed very knowledgeable. i know a desktop would be a much better choice but its truly not practical as she kinda works on it when and where she can. so a laptop mad much more sense. still though are the specs of this machine not good enough to run pd13 without a problem? i thought looking at minimum requirements i blow that out of the water and figured it wouldnt even think about running it. Thanks for you help. Very appreciated
so ive been searching and searching for answers and this may help. i just bought my wife a brand new asus N550JK. specs r great i believe Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz (Turbo 3.4 GHz).
1TB Hard Drive. 8GB RAM. NVIDIA GTX850M 2GB-VRAM. but i can't believe how slow everything has been. i bought her powerdirector 13. sounds like 12 has just been figured out and no one has really played with 13 here. the hardware acceleration was able to be selected with latest drivers but doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference. so last night i downgraded drivers to the 337.88. i did a custom instal but there was no option for clean install after that. nothing really changed. show i try this other dll thing you are talking about @sonic67. im almost ready to buy another editing program. i specifically bought my wife this laptop to do her editing and did tons of research and it seemed like powerdirector is seriously the best program to go with. but im starting to re consider. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Go to: