Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If you upgraded from PD14 to PD15 do not discard your original source files in case you need to re-instal PD15 at a later time. FYI - I was using PD14 with 13 under Win7 with no issues before Win 10 came along.

Okay, good point. Thanks for that!
Quote PD14 (the actual app) takes about 1 GB of storage space. The content portions are of course much more. But the content can be used by PD15 and one may not want to delete them if you intend to use them in PD15. Win 10 should show PD14 in the control panel/programs if it is still active. If it's not shown then it was not removed using Win 10 in the standard fashion.

Thanks for trying to help but as I said, I am on WIN 7. Appreciate your comments though.
Quote Thanks guys but I am on WIN 7. I installed version 15 of power dirctor and it installed and works fine but version 14 still exists and it also works (not that I want it to.)

There is no "uninstall" button in the program manager for the version 14 install. Revo uninstalled also does not list version 14.This is really frustrating. I know versiion 14 is taking up room on my laptop and I really want to remove it.

Any more suggestions?
Look in C:\Program Files\CyberLink for a folder named Powerdirector14. If that folder exists, then you can delete that folder and files to remove Powerdirector 14, You should also do a search in the registry for Powerdirector14 and remove any that you find. Caution: Deleting entries in the registry may cause irreclaimable damage. Do so at you own risk.

Alternately, you can do a search of your computer for Powerdirector 14 files.

Okay, thanks for that. I was hoping for a more elequent solution but unless I get some suggestion how to thoroughly remove it, I will go with deleting the folder and a search in the registry as you suggested. I will create a system restore point first, of course! Appreciate your taking the time to reply to my question.
Thanks guys but I am on WIN 7. I installed version 15 of power dirctor and it installed and works fine but version 14 still exists and it also works (not that I want it to.)

There is no "uninstall" button in the program manager for the version 14 install. Revo uninstalled also does not list version 14.This is really frustrating. I know versiion 14 is taking up room on my laptop and I really want to remove it.

Any more suggestions?
Quote I have version 14. ShouldI uninstall it before installing the upgrade to version 15? I don't want to leave lots of unused software on my computer. If I should uninstall version 14, how do I do that? Nothing shows up in the program manager to install version 14.

I believe an Upgrade will overwrite the previous version and will retain the files it needs.

I installed version 15 but version 14 still exists and works if I click on it, taking up space on my laptop. And there is no "uninstall" feature in program manager to remove version 14. Same forr Revo Uninstaller. Do you know if Cyberlink has some sort of removal tool?
I have version 14. ShouldI uninstall it before installing the upgrade to version 15? I don't want to leave lots of unused software on my computer. If I should uninstall version 14, how do I do that? Nothing shows up in the program manager to install version 14.
Quote: Hi,

Can someone advise me is there any way to adjust the DVD menu background music volume when in the Disc Creation window. I have a problem with the volume as it is alot louder than the background music in my videos after disc burning.

Thanks in advance.

Freddie

This is a real pain! How does Cyberlink overlook this feature?
Go to: