Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for all replies.
Quote . . . The green tick (top right)means the assets are used in the project timeline, a green film icon (bottom left) means that shadow files (if used) have been generated. . . .

Thank you for the information. What exactly is a [shadow file's] purpose comparatively speaking to the other clips?
Quote . . . and then telling PowerDirector to add that location and then deleting the duplicate clips.

I believe that the check marks are to show that shadow files have been created for those clips.

Phil

Please elaborate on how to tell PD to '. . . add that location'?
Every time I do a "Save As" for a project I get the below popup. Any input as to WHY?
POWERDIRECTOR 16 Ultimate

I recently watched the 2 part video by PDToots on PowerDirector Project Management found HERE. I have a library and folder question.

1. I have started a particular project (for reference purposes we'll call it- "Project 1").

2. There are already 10 edited clips on the timeline in the project. Those 10 raw clips were from Hard Disk location A ("HDL-A")

3. I have now set up "Folder Project 1" and moved the Project1.pds into that folder

4. I have also loaded the same 10 raw clips again into the Project 1 library. That makes 20 clips total - 10 are duplicates of course

5. The 10 clips already used in the timeline have green checkmarks in the library. The 10 duplicate clips in the library do not have checkmarks.

6. If I delete the 10 checkmarked timeline clips from the library will the remaining Folder Project 1 duplicate clips - is it safe to assume the project will still reference to the timeline even though the "HDL-A location is no longer the location for the raw clips?

Quote Hi Dekade - I know the CL Screen Recorder . . . You can see by the MediaInfo reports the properties are pretty much identical.
Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the input Tony. I've pretty much resorted to outputting the screen recordings in MP4. I output them into a non default folder. I have additionally noticed that the Movavi screen recorder 'additionally' default saves a MKV file in it's default output folder for the screen recorder. So I have both if need ever be.
Quote Hi Dekade - . . . We're both learning!
Cheers - Tony

Yes. I'm enjoying this interaction. I do likewise agree with your input about the playlists. True that is a definite possibility, but, it still limits playlists being media player specific. I'm still seeking the solve all, and I think it keeps coming back to Zoom Player. I love its table of contents feature.

On your last post I need to see if I understand you correctly. (I haven't experimented yet, I keep getting delayed by other projects demanding attention; yuk). Are chapters made in PD readable by the Zoom Player, both by minutes/seconds and name of chapter -or- one or the other?
Quote . . . Sadly, the Zoom formatted chapters only work with the Zoom Player, where the Drax formatted chapters are more universal. . . .
Cheers - Tony

I am going to be trying the chapters feature in PD16 in the next few days. I am hoping that PD16 chapters are readable by Zoom Player. Here is an INMATRIX tutorial that represents why I want so badly for the Zoom Player to work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTTauc4zAQ

Starting at the tutorial timeline of about 2:45 you will see the OUTSTANDING Table of Contents simulization. That is the reason I am so excited about it. If Zoom Player chapter reading is limited to Zoom Player then I still feel it is an outstanding tradeoff versus Drax. However, those comments are coming WITHOUT personal trial and error; thus, they are not realistic evaluations at this point. Nonetheless - very exciting and promising.
Quote . . . And yor ScreenRecorder sounds weird: . . .
Hatti

I am using Movavi Screen Recorder. I am using it over PD16 because there is not a way for PD16 to highlight the mouse cursor. The MSR is very nice and quite well rated. The only thing I don't like about it is that there is no indicator for when it is on pause versus recording and visa versa. The MSR records native in MKV file format. MSR also provides an extremely nice full screen HD capture @ 1920 x 1080.

The fact that my PC might not have the correct codecs does concern me. My PC specs are indentical to yours except for the video card. I find it strange that PD16 will not pick up the MKV voice track. However, like I said at the end of my screen recording if I save the recording as an MP4 file then all is okay for PD16 to read the video and audio. OR - if I take the native MKV file and convert it to MP4 all is well also within PD16.
Quote . . . I have a mkv video with MPEG4/AVC video codec and AC3 codec, that works. Also a MPEG4/AVC video codec and AAC(2ch) codec works for me.

Hatti

Thanks Hattie. The only option I apparently have is AFTER the screen recording is completed. I can at that time save it to an AVI, MP4, etc. format. I don't have an option to set the recording BEFORE doing the actual screen recording. If I do not actually save the file, when I have completed a screen recording, then the recording defaults to the MKV format and are default stored in the Videos folder in Windows 10.

Are the codecs that you stated in your post something that I can add to my PC? Maybe I just don't have the correct codecs for when something is recorded in MKV. How would I go about getting the correct codecs?
I have a screen recording done in MKV file format. When I import the MKV file into PD16 I can hear the mouse clicks but I cannot hear the narration.

If I convert the MKV format to AVI and then import into PD16 everything is okay.

Is there any setting(s) to set in PD16 so that I am able to eliminate first converting the MKV file to an AVI format before I import it into PD16?
Quote . . . I'm not sure about a table of contents . . . I came across this tutorial. Maybe it'll meet your needs. . . .
Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, Your post inspired me to search further and I came up with some good information. Your student may be able to use this also. Here it is.

1. I have been preparing an entire scenario for creating and watching training videos here at home. (By the way - I'm doing this for my own usage to train my wife to use a computer. My venture is not for commercial purposes.)

2. I decided a few weeks back to go with ZOOM PLAYER as my media center app choice for viewing my training videos. It is much more diversified and technically sophisticated versus VLC (In my opinion)

3. Taking the Drax tip from you, to heart, I set out to see what else is available.

4. During my searching I discovered that a video player app must be able to support chapters before the feature of chapters will actually be of benefit

5. That led me to re-evaluating my player of choice which is ZOOM

6. So, checking out the INMATRIX website, again, led me to something really interesting from INMATRIX.com, the creators of the Zoom Player app for free and for purchase.

7. INMATRIX has its own chapter maker; check this out - https://inmatrix.com/zplayer/chapters.shtml

8. I briefly studied the link and determined that it is a really cool integrated feature.

All that said - I have yet to incoporate or try the chapter adding feature for MP4's. However, with the advanced technical base of INMATRIX I think the chapter and bookmark feature will prove to be quite rewarding. However again . . . I would like to be able to have an index to choose a chapter from. That feature may or may not be available within INMATRIX ZOOM PLAYER. As of yet, Idon't know, I will see.

In closing - my last option was to create individual MP4 videos, place them into a 'Master Topic' windows folder (where the Master Topic is any given subject matter of training), and let my wife select which video she wants to learn more about and/or review.

Time will tell which method works best. I'll try to keep the forum updated. Anyway - it's all interesting. Might even be a feature for Cyberlink to consider for the future.

Thanks for helping me,

Dekade
I think I already know the answer to this but I thought maybe the forum might have a trick or two to offer.

I would like to make an MP4 training video that has a Table of Contents, or a menu. I realize that the feature can be done in PowerDVD. However, I do not want to produce a DVD. Thus - is there any way to accomplish what I want for files other than a DVD?

Thanks for your help.
Quote . . . Just double click on the image under your name on the left of this post

Quote . . . easy... ^^ . . .

Sorry forum. I was clicking on the tiny avatar at the very top of the Cyberlink forum page in the browser window - NOT the (my) avatar in my post(s). Yeesh. Sorry for the hassles and time. That wasn't too bad of a training session on pulling teeth now was it? embarassed cool surprised

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Quote welcome back.
google it! Messages posted by Dekade .

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Simply click on your avatar to go to your profile. Then click on "messages posted by Dekade. The messages there are from 2014

I hate like heck to show my ignorance but here goes . . .
I like The Shadowman approach because I thought it was the way I should have originally succeeded. However, there is no way on earth I am able to locate something that must be right in front of my eyes - where the heck is "messages posted by Dekade" - after clicking on the avatar (Attachment PD_2.pdf). See attachments.
I used to be on this forum years back. I used the same screen name. How do I find the old forum topics that posted. I have tried numerous times using advanced search and I can only locate the topics I posted in PD16. I came across my old posts the other day but now I cannot locate them. I never bookmarked them to the best of my recollection.

I thought I should be able to find them simply by searching for my forum screen name, but no such luck.
Quote You can find 200+ short tutorials about the techniques you want to learn at sharperturtle.com

That was a very helpful suggestion. I was amazed when I went and looked at those tuts.

I had used Power Director back in version 9 and then did a trial run of PD13. For some reason or the other I got aggravated with the program. I think it might have caused some crashing or something. Now with PD16 it appears as though the program has really escalated in its popularity and versatility. I think I might now enjoy it over Corel Video Studio.
Thanks Tony, you provide a few good tidbits regarding "on top" ranking.

Regarding your handle "ynotfish" --- Because it's been brutally cold here in Northwest Indiana USA - and - I'm afraid of ice. cool
Sorry everyone for my mumble jumble on point number 4.

I have yet to go into a lot of playing around, but, am right now preparing to do so. I was basically trying to get a feel from the forum as to the versatility of the software. From the replies I received - I now assume that I can insert a colored background and then type some text on top of it - even aninate that text if I choose - then make it's duration whatever I choose - Correct?

I would also assume that I could do the same with some text on top of a video or on top of a photo. I am not interested in templates -UNLESS- templates are the only way to insert/manipulate text (which I doubt is the case). I wish to do everything manually.

I used the forum to help me decide if I should or should not go down the path of some INTENSE design and editing time. I'm willing to go into the thick of things . . . Just trying to make sure up front that what I want to accomplish - can get accomplished.
I am wanting to use PDUltimate16 to make a presentation video. I want to know the following:

1) Can videos, and photos (jpegs), and PD generated text, be combined to make a DVD movie? Can that movie have chapters or a menu for the DVD?
2) I do not want to make a dedicated slideshow.
3) When I insert a photo I want to be able to extend it's timeline presence so that spoken audio can be added to describe the photo(s). Is it possible, for example, to make a photo last for 5 minutes?
4) Can frames of PD generated text be made by using PD? Can the presence of the frames of text be extended on the timeline so that spoken audio can be added? Is it possible, for example, to make a frame of text only last for 5 minutes?
5.) Is there a way that PD can animate frames of text? In other words can text be made to fly into a frame?
6.) Is all the above accomplished via seperate video, audio, and title tracks?

If the above can be accomplished is it straightforward or are there tricky workarounds required to make all of the above happen?

Thanks ahead of time for your help and advice.

Dekade
Go to: