Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there any news about this?
Is software working like it should, or is it a bug?
Can somebody from cyberlink Give us info if the software behavior is like expected or not?
A problem in this beta (and also latest "normal"version of latest pd13 in other thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/41794.page#215520

pd13 is only using 1gb of ram when rendering
I had the same issue when using the latest non-beta version of pd13.
That was the reason for trying the new beta software, but it was the same..
Hi,

Here are my results:

1-see attachment
2-see attachment
3-PowerDirector 13 Ultra 13.0.2403.0
4-see attachment
5-rendering to AVC .h264 mkv 1920/1080 50p (28mbps)

I hope these are the correct data you asked for.
I appreciatie it when i hear something back from Cyberlink
about this issue.

U have sent dafydd an pm
Quote:
Quote: Is this the way it should work?
Do we have to report this to powerdirector?

Well, maybe Dafydd can report this, he has closer ties with CL
You can add your results here too...

Mine:

GPU (Quadro6000, CUDA encoding) - 33%
Video memory usage (280MB without PD13) - 435MB
CPU (6 core/12thread Xeon 2.76GHz) - 35%
HDD (3HDD in RAID 5, 100MB/s tested) - 5MB/s
Memory (15GB DDR3) - PD13 usage - 1010MB (less than 1GB)

Hello Sonic67,

Can you contact Dafydd about this?
I must go to work now
If Dafydd needs also mine results I can post them later...
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you can post a link with a file that gives high memory load?

Sorry for off-topic. I never looked too hard into this issue, I just know that if I use a weaker video card, its utilization increases. I just re-tested a 7 minute 720p video (original size is 453MB) - convert to AVC h264, 080p, 60fps, 28Mbps, no SVRT. Well... you are right, is not good:

GPU (Quadro6000, CUDA encoding) - 33%
CPU (6 core/12thread Xeon 2.76GHz) - 35%
HDD (3HDD in RAID 5, 100MB/s tested) - 5MB/s
Memory (15GB DDR3) - PD13 usage - 1010MB (less than 1GB)

Is this the way it should work?
Do we have to report this to powerdirector?

And off topic;
I think most tv's are hardware capable of playing 24p, 25p, 50p, 60p (my Philips TV can play all).
But I think that the bottleneck is the software on the new smart tv's. They probably can not play all video files I'n all formats...
Hello,

What kind of files give high memory load?
I never see high memory load on my laptop, also not with gaming...(maybe there is something wrong with the laptop?)
I use 64bit windows 8.1 and windows show all memory available

Maybe you can post a link with a file that gives high memory load?
Hi Sonic67

The files i use are short (30sec-1.30 sec) videos from a Sony foto camera (m2ts files 1080 50p).
I have put some of the files on my timeline and created clips from 2.30 minutes, to 20.00 minutes.
This does not make any difference with my gpu use.
Is this maybe because of the short clips i use?

And the reason why i use 50p is the pan from left to right quality.
With only 25p i see some stuttering.

Beside that my sony only records avchd in 1080 50i or 1080 50p, or lower (non hd quality).
Other setting is MP4 that is 1440 and 24p.
On the mp4 setting i see much more stuttering from left to right.

What kind of file do you want me to post?
Hello,

Is it normal that when i render mt2s files to mkv (1080 50p) the ram load is only around 1gb?
I have 16 ram available.

Kind regards,

Peter
Hi sonic,

Yes, i cannot let it go
It was very late last night before going t bed because I was doing much rendering test and settings.... :/

And I think it is 2 questions;
-is it possible for more cuda supported transitions?
-why is it that cpu speed (alsop gpu) us very low when there is a lot of rendering/ effects work?
Hello,

Sonic advised me to download the beta version.
I had the same experiences with the latest non beta version of pd13.

I think it is strange that the cpu/gpu usage is very low when I render videos with effects.
You should think it would be high because of the extra work with the effects etc
Question:

When my project needs rendering when saving (because of used effects) my CPU usage stays at 16% with GPU on 30% and low video engine load at 4%.

When i save a project project with no effects, CPU and GPU and video engine is much faster/higher.... (GPU 50-80%, GPU 60%, video engine load 80%) (according to SVRT no rendering requiered).

How is this possible?? I thought that CPU and GPU was ment for rendering files, but now it is te oppsite...

Source file mt2s 1080p 50p, output file mkv 1080p 50p

(i use latest pd13 beta file 2403, and latest Nvidia driver 344.75))
Question:

When my project needs rendering when saving (because of used effects) my CPU usage stays at 16% with GPU on 30% and low video engine load 4%.

When i save a project project with no effects CPU and GPU and video engine is much faster....(according to SVRT no rendering requiered).

How is this possible??

Source file mt2s 1080p 50p, output file mkv 1080p 50p
downloading of the 2403 beta is very very slow (+/ 30.00kbs).
Is there any other way to download this file fast (instead of cyberlink downloader?
Hello,

Is it possible that pd13 adds more cuda support for transitions/effects etc etc?
When I render my video and I have used non cuda supported effects render time Is much longer!
It would be great if transitions and theme designs are cuda rendered
I would like to see more cuda supported transitions/effects
Quote: That up to the video card hardware. Laptops are more aggressive with the power settings - for heat reasons.
If utilization is not high enough, it will lower the frequency and raise the utilization automatically.

Personally I don't get way people buy high-end laptops. They are always under-perform. I have two laptops (one with an older Quadro card), but I don't use them for anything 'serious'. They are just convenience devices, not good for any 'video production' or gaming.

Well, my laptop is a replacement of my old desktop.
I bought a BTO (Sager/Clevo) and thought i had a good setup, also for editing.
The salesman said it was a good setup...
And here is the logfile of rendering an theme designer video+foto clip (1.30m from mt2s tot mkv 1080p, 60fps).
I dont see much difference in speed.

Does anyone have options/settings/tips for faster rendering speeds (with non GPU accelerated effects)?

Go to: