Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I upgraded to windows 10 and the Cyberlink compatibility advisor suggested that I upgrade from Power DVD 12 to Power DVD 16 Ultra. I did that and with 16 playback briefly pauses and gets blurry at about one second intervals. With Powder DVD 12 the dame DVD plays smoothly as it should, but the control buttons don't work. The fact that the video plays OK with 12 indicates that all of the hardware and drivers are fine. I tried disabling hardware acceleration in 16, but that did not help the jerky playback. Hs anyone found a solution to this issue. I feel robbed!

Hs anyone found a solution to this issue.

Yes. use windows media player---PDVD 16 is nothing but a disaster, I have stopped using it!

JTT.
Quote: 1. Allow user select ram usage like adobe after effect.

2. Speed up shadow file generating instantly.

3. Bring all features that missing from some previous version.

4. Improving motion tracker.

5. Improving text fonts can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse.

Merry Christmas ! Ho! Ho!

1. The more ram you have for video editing the better!

2. I don't use shadow file!

3. Bring most useful features that have been dropped from some previous version, YES! YES!

5. Improving text fonts usability, can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse, Sounds very useful!!

Good sugestions, have a great day!
Further to my suggestions for PD 15.
When it comes to burning projects to disc there is simply not enough options when one is burning to a DVD disc, in either DVD (Mp2) or AVCHD (MPEG4) (The other two options not mentioned here are simply no better if one did want to use them!!)
Lets see, DVD mp2 you have HQ best quality---which turns out to be very poor quality when burnt to a DVD disc, the other option is "Smart Fit" which is not at all smart---unless ruining the quality is "SMART".

AVCHD best option is HD 1280x720 at 50p/60p (PAL or NTSC)
Since when would one want to reduce the resolution from 1920x1080 back to HD 1280 x 720 when the original video clip is HD 1920x1080??
Yes--- one can produce to a file and save to the HDD at 1920x1080 and customize the frame rate, (50/60 fps if so desired) and bit rate and audio quality---- and one can load that same file back into PD and try and output it to a DVD disc----and what happens--- there is no option available to match your best quality video file, to burn to disc!!?? (Simply absurd!!!!)

The point I'm making here is, it is high time for CL to offer full customization of burn to discs options---DVD discs--- so one can match the video file quality when burning it to a DVD disc, surely, only commonsense!!

Also, there is no way one can know what the quality settings are, or will be, such as bit rate and also frame rate in some cases when selecting a disc burning option!! One has to actually burn a disc to find out what the video file properties are!! (Absurd again)

In the produce section one can check what the project properties are----and customize them if necessary--- why not in the disc burning section---may I ask!!

In my opinion, The final production quality of a video file or disc, is the uttermost important objective of creating a video. As, if the end result finishes up in the rubbish bin--- which it does at times--- then what is the point of spending the time creating it in the first place!!

Summing up!! PLEASE ADD CUSTOMIZATION OF PROJECT SETTINGS IN THE DISC BURNING SECTION!!
This would also include the ability to know what the project settings are---Right??

In the end---Power Director 15 should be very good???

By the way, I have used other video editing software such as Corel's Pro x8 and earlier versions versus Power director 14 and 13 and earlier and it is really a bit of a tossup!!
But I am a bit of a Cyberlink fan and would like to see them out do Corel!!!
Quote: "Alessandro de Sica"
2 "timeline marker stops at the end of last clip and doesn't jump back to start position"
Yes, an excellent idea, as is most annoying when it suddenly flies back to the start, when one is trying to adjust something at or near the end!! A tip I use in this case is to place a small piece of clip a little past the end of the project, leaving enough gap so one can stop the play past the end of project!! (Remember to delete the small piece of clip when finished!!)
Quote:
3 "PiPs and titles should be alterable (e.g. "Breaking News" title scrolling text looping and title not fading out)"

Yes, really quite stupid as the text is scrolling the wrong way!!?? (I'm not Chinese and read left to right not right to left!!)
I could find no way to reverse the scrolling! Hm!!
Quote: "Alessandro de Sica"
2 "timeline marker stops at the end of last clip and doesn't jump back to start position"
Yes, an excellent idea, as is most annoying when it suddenly flies back to the start, when one is trying to adjust something at or near the end!! A tip I use in this case is to place a small piece of clip a little past the end of the project, leaving enough gap so one can stop the play past the end of project!! (Remember to delete the small piece of clip when finished!!)
Quote:
3 "PiPs and titles should be alterable (e.g. "Breaking News" title scrolling text looping and title not fading out)"

Yes, really quite stupid as the text is scrolling the wrong way!!?? (I'm not Chinese and read left to right not right to left!!)
I could find no way to reverse the scrolling! Hm!!
Yes, there needs to be much better audio volume control in the "Edit" mode as well as in the "Output/Produce" mode. I find it quite hard to adjust the audio levels in the time line using the mouse, as when one clicks on the highlighted audio level bar placing a audio level point to drag to the desired level, it usually jumps to some different level when releasing the mouse button!! Extremely frustrating indeed! Why cant CL have a numerical adjustment such as Corel has, as well as the level bar??? It would then be easy to to set a specific audio level throughout any given clip. It would make it so much easier and and less time consuming!
I have been trying AudioDirector 4 and have come to the conclusion that it does not rank up to professional level.
What is needed is to be able to split the audio into separate channels of the various frequencies so that a particular frequency can be edited. This would allow one to manipulate a specific tone to what one desired.
JT
Go to: