Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thankyou!! I'll check it out
Dear talents

I was looking to make a "rain on glass" effect to edit a deep piano playing video I am making where only my hands are shown on a dark background.

I was wondering what the best way is to do this.
I saw some 3rd party FX from actionVFX but I am not certain if they are compatible with powerdirector.

some tips are very welcome!

much love and thanks in advance

Merlijn
Thankyou for your quick reply!
Its an ssd samsung evo420.

I restarted pd in horizontal mode instead of vertical mode and now it seems to work.. also when switching back to vertical mode. It might be that everything is "loaded" now, I assume that it will stay this way!

Thanks again!!! Problem seemingly solved itself
Dear talents

I just bought a subscription of pd 365 (had pd 18 before). It works fine except I can not open the FX room to add an effect, PD freezes completely and I have to restart the program.

My pc specs aren't the best but PD18 ran (as far as my hardware goes) smooth without any problem

specs:

- Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logical processor(s)
- NIVDIA GEforce gtx 760
- 24 GB RAM

--> I know my gpu is far beyond but I only use PD to edit very simple and short videos, it worked fine in PD18.

kind regards
Thankyou!!
Dear talents

Is it possible to go from 9:16 to 4:5 format? I know it is possible to crop in "free form" but I don't know which measures I have to set (height width etc). I used a couple of cheatsheets but with no avail.

kind regards

M
Hello everyone, I really really am trying and trying for hours without any result. The thing I want to do is to blend 2 videos together with keyframes.
Why with keyframes? Because I can not choose the transition time in the video collage editor.

I have 1 piano video and 1 syntheseizer video, the synth comes in after lets say 40 sec. so I want to adjust the hight of the first and the position so that the next video can blend in properly exactly like in the video collage editor (its really regrettable that it isn't possible to choose the animationtime of the collage editor it would help so many musicians in 4 sec).

Now the problem with keyframes is that if I adjust one of the keyframes for example I adjust the 3rd keyframe in height till it is like I want it, the first keyframe adjusts in width ?? Even when I disable "maintain aspect ratio". (this happens in the crop power tool)

Can someone please help me, I can not find another tutorial for this and I really do not want to change software again. A friend of mine did this back in 2012 with ease in sony vegas.

thanks in advance !
Hello everyone

Is it possible to choose when the animation comes in when using the collage designer in powerdirector?
For example if you have 2 musician's and the 1 starts playing in the beginning and the other starts playing after 45 sec. Is it possible to let the the next screen come in at your own chosen time?

thx !
Thankyou for the quick reply !

Yep. No. It has been that way since PD9 when they created a 64 bit version.
Hello everyone !

I've just installed powerdirector and I am very happy with it !
Now I see that my content packs were installed by default in the 32 bit map (programfiles x86) on my pc instead of the program files (64) map.

Are the 11 content packs which comes with the order 32 bit files? I can't find anything on the internet about it, if it is not should i change them to another map?

kind regads

Merlijn
alright thanks all, Is just h.264 good for youtube or is mp4 more recommended?
Quote: This is not a new problem. There is another thread about this somewhere in this forum from some months ago. Apparently it has never been corrected, at least in this version. If I remember correctly, to preserve the audio quality you need to export the edited file as an H.264 and, if you want an MP4 file with the same quality, convert it to MP4 in Handbrake. Time-consuming, but it works. There may be, and probably is, another way, but that's the only way I know about.
its the audio bitrate i mean, srry
should h.264 be a sollution altough it takes alot of space.
the two pictures above were 2 produced files. 1 produced as mpeg 4 and the other as h.264.

This is the original sound file and I also selected 265 kbps in the export options in powerdirector
Hi carl, thanks for the quick reply!

this is the original sound file, like you see I recorded it with 265 kbps (took a mediafile shot for more details).

Am I the only one with this problem?!
thats right, but only with mpeg 4 (mp4).. and i downloaded the newest patch etc so that couldn't be the problem either
thanks already for the quick reply !
Well, that was what I actually did =-/ and it still reduces it.
Hello everyone, I've exported a video with sound to mpeg 4 and the bitrate is lower and also the soundquality :s, does anyone knows why this is?

result as mpeg 4:

result as h.264:

like you see, the mpeg 4's audio quality is lower, this is a problem for me because I would like to upload some video's to youtube with the same quality as i recorded the audio :/

I hope there is a sollution!
thanks!
Go to: