Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector 365 freezes when opening the effect room
Merlijn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2014 06:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Dear talents

I just bought a subscription of pd 365 (had pd 18 before). It works fine except I can not open the FX room to add an effect, PD freezes completely and I have to restart the program.

My pc specs aren't the best but PD18 ran (as far as my hardware goes) smooth without any problem

specs:

- Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logical processor(s)
- NIVDIA GEforce gtx 760
- 24 GB RAM

--> I know my gpu is far beyond but I only use PD to edit very simple and short videos, it worked fine in PD18.

kind regards
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
PD365 scans your drive at special places for titles, fx, downloads etc, so that it can display them all-in the various rooms. It would be interesting to understand whether you experience the problem only when you open the FX room, or that it happens when you open other rooms too. Given the “time” it need to scan the drive, it is also good to understand what kind of disks you have (to understand whether they are fast or not (freezing may also mean that it is busy scanning).
And… it would be good to understand whether you have uninstalled PD18 or that you still have it in operation and / or whether you did a complete clean installation. I recon that you have updates all drivers etc. You may want to share a DXDiag.txt file here so that we can look with you to see what can be done.
Lastly the remark that by the looks of it your PC may be a little slow to cope wit hall PD365 features.
Merlijn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2014 06:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Thankyou for your quick reply!
Its an ssd samsung evo420.

I restarted pd in horizontal mode instead of vertical mode and now it seems to work.. also when switching back to vertical mode. It might be that everything is "loaded" now, I assume that it will stay this way!

Thanks again!!! Problem seemingly solved itself