Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder. Good, efficient, first effort, may also suggest:

1. More frame rate recording options, 24 (or even 23.976), and 60 (or 59.94) to accommodate those sources without inducing judder.

2. Ability to capture 5.1 (or greater)-channel sound from content so encoded.

3. Variable audio recording bitrates > 128kbps currently provided.

4. Timed recording, for unattended screen-recording and auto-stop after a predetermined length.

Otherwise, it's quite a worthy addition to PD14 tools.
Hi Anna,

Definately agree with 1Nina about checking that link out, as it may clarify whether or not you need those new features and if your hardware can utilize PD 14's capabilities.

For example, you'll see that PD14 takes advantage of nVidia, Intel & AMD H.265 (HEVC) Hardware Decoding, which is nice if you have very late model Intel processors, such as the Intel Skylake (6th generation) CPUs, or NVidia's GTX 960 or higher and newer graphics cards, which support H.265 encoding and decoding. Otherwise, if your system is a older than 2015 you may need to upgrade to take advantage of the hardware encoding functions (no, I don't work for Intel nor NVidia.) As a caveat, I did note some other posts noting that PD14 may not always be faster than 13 in certain rendering situations or with some particular hardware.

Perhaps more importantly, what you DO should help dictate your choice of upgrading.

In my circumstance, in a couple of weekends I'll be still shooting and videoing a wedding and reception with multiple cameras and points of view, so I am evaluating PD14's "Action Camera Center" and "Motion Tracking" features to help with certain sequences and effects (GoPro on some of the wedding party participants...not fast action, but just a different take on wedding videos.) That might make it worthwhile upgrading from PD13.

During my day job I'm capturing medical procedures in the cath lab and X-Ray equipment to create and give presentations, so I'll be checking out any new additions to the PD14 Theme and Title Designers compared with PD13.

I'll be continuing to evaluate PD14, as the demo versions are updated soon after the patches are released on the retail version, and I'll likely make the jump myself as the program becomes more stable.

Oh, one new addition in PD14 is the Screen Recorder...it is, hands down, the most efficient screen recording app I've tried, with little to no video stutter on a reasonably fast system, if you need that capability...

Good luck with your projects!
I have experienced a similar phenomenon producing .m2ts in which render times actually went up during production, which, of course, means the project never completed. I found some partial solutions:

1. Removing all non-PDR editing applications and any third-party codecs would work for awhile but the problem has reappeared after several renders.

2. Rolling back or reinstalling (in my case) Win 7/x64 SP1 w/o updates and only installing PDR 12 as the sole editor appears to work.

3. Installing PDR 13 trial version may work, since it may overwite troublesome codecs.
This is solved by downloading and installing the "Windows 7 Codec Pack" from any number standard sites, then change the following setting in the settings app: Start->codec settings->Advanced Codec Settings->LAV (32 or 64 bit, depending on your system)->formats tab->check the "h.264" Codec box and Apply/OK.

There's also a Windows 8 Codec Pack available.

PDR 13 also can give the same error, presumably solved similarly.
Go to: