Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Alright, I found the proble, sorry to even post this. It was the NVIDIA driver version 353.06 that was causing the problem so I had to revert to the older version.
So ever since I've had PD12, I've been able to use all the FX perfectly fine. In editing a recent video, whenever I drag in the blur FX, which has NVIDIA CUDA acceleration technology, PD12 goes unresponsive and I have to close it. The same happens for any other FX with the CUDA tech as well. The ones without it work fine. I'm not sure what could be causing this. Any ideas?
Quote: This post is old, but it might give a clue.

Are you using "shadow files"? Try turning them off.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7525.page

Oh wow, that's all I had to do. I did that before and nothing changed but I hadn't thought to actually restart PD12. I did that and it's working now. Thank you so much!
I tried plugging the mouse into another port, still the same. It doesn't work when plugged into the USB 3.0 ones.
And PDHanumanSVR seems to take up the most, 20-40% of the CPU. everything else remains below 2%. Occasionally, a few will rise up and then go back down, including the Service Host: Local System and maybe PD12 and my internet browser.
In terms of memory, PD12 takes of the most, 359.2 MB. Then there's the Service Host as 89.3 MB, Antimalware Service at 77 MB, and then Razer Synapse at 66 MB.

This started happening when I got my new computer. I transferred my ram and hard drive over from the old one to this one, and I got a newer graphics card and processor. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Sorry for the bump, but no one is responding and it's basically impossible for me to edit any videos with my mouse acting like this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sorry for the late response, but I tried using PD12 again and the problem still hasn't gone away. I've tried using the CUDA Encoder and downgrading my drivers, but the mouse still lags every time. I really hope to get this fixed.
Could it have to do with having two internal hard drives?
Another edit, here's a video showing what happens when I start up PD12. The lagging mouse might not be as noticeable in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlKV7obvFfM
So I downgraded my drivers, tried it out again and it's still lagging. Could it just be because the movie file I'm opening has a lot of videos and other stuff in it? I feel like my PC should be able to handle it.
I have 16gb of RAM, NVIDIA GTX 660, and an AMD FX-6300 six-core processor.
Quote: Take a look in "task manager". Check the processor % usage. Something is probably using more than it's share.

PD12 Is using up roughly around 30-35%. Then the PDHanumanSvr Application uses up to 20%. I notice that the percentages go down when I don't actually have the PD12 window up front. I think it might have something to do with my NVIDIA drivers after reading the NVIDIA drivers thread. I'll try downgrading my drivers and see what happens.
Recently for some reason, when I open PD12, my mouse starts lagging, moving in lower frames it appears. Not sure what's causing it but it's very annoying. Please help.

Edit 10/28/14:
Here's a video showing what happens when I launch PD12. Watch the mouse. It might not be as noticeable with the framerate at 30fps, but the mouse definitely starts to lag when any PD12 project starts up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlKV7obvFfM

Thank you!
I apologize if this topic has already been covered, but I couldn't find anything about it. I've been wanting to edit a bit of text so that in the beginning it starts out microscopic, but in less than a second, it'll grows to a big size. Then for the next 3 seconds, it gradually grows bigger at a slow pace. There is no keyframe option for text, so I've been wondering how to do such a thing, or if you even can. Help appreciated.
This is not that big of a problem, but I found this strange. In a video I've been making, which has lots of effects and other various things, I've been producing completed pieces of the whole film so that I won't lag as much when I continue to edit the rest. I'll select a portion of the project, click produce range, and then let it produce. After it's done, I go into the project, delete all the original footage and then replace it with the new footage that was just produced. However, I've noticed that every time I produce a range, the resulting video is always 2 milliseconds longer than what I had originally selected to produce. Like I said, it's not a very big problem, but I guess my OCD gets in the way. Anyone know why this is happening?
Quote: What did the timer below the preview say in the production window?
Did you get any hint on an error?
Can you check the target drive? Is there enough space on it? What is the file system? It should be anything but a version of FAT. You can check by right clicking on the drive and clicking on "properties". There it should list the file system being used.
Also try to uncheck the OpenCL and hardware decoding options and render without GPU acceleration or SVRT, to be sure the error isn't there.
Does the encode always stop at the same time for the same project? If yes, is there something special going on on the time line, like a new media file starting that needs a different codec?
That's just what I would check if it was happening to me.

So for some reason, I just tried exporting it again and it came out fine. I didn't change any settings. I'm not sure what caused it the last two times.
Would running a game while the video exports cause that?
Whenever I export this video of mine, the result is always just a part of the whole thing, and never the entire 20 minutes of footage. Just now I tried to produce the whole movie and only got a 6 minute piece of it. This hasn't happened before. Please help.
Go to: