Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,
I shot some video from a Panasonic V720 camera on the fully automatic setting, but the video had far too much shaking in it. I tried the various setting on PD 13 stabiliser (the new version has really helped some of my old video) but that video seems beyond repair. I think if i use the manual shutter setting to up the shutter speed i would improve future video. Does anyone have a suggestion of what speed to set the camera for bright sunlight - I don't use the motorbike unless the weather is good I can set the speed right up to 1/8000.
Thanks
Doc
Hi
Thanks again - The graphic card bit on the computer is a little lost on me - most of the other bits seem to make sense. If I installed a Sapphire Amd R9 285 Dual-X Lite Retail Graphics Card (2GB, 256 Bit, GDDR5, PCI-E) card in my system would I see a significant reduction in rendering time - cost £170 sterling or do i need to think about new motherboard, processor and memory.

Thanks

Doc
Thanks for the suggestion - It did restore the option for FVRT, but only improved the rendered time by 3 minutes. Is this what I can expect using the FVRT?

Doc
Hi - I've just updated to PD 13 and had the same problem with nVidia CUDA encoder not being able to enable, so I followed the advice and downgraded my nVidia drivers (Nvidia GeForce 520 GT) - This solved the hardware encoder option problem. I ran the same Produce on a 3 minute 22 second 1920 x 1080 50i video. This new production took 52 minutes 1 minute longer than the production without the HW encoder enabled. I noticed that there was a new version (2408 ) of PD - so installed that and then re-installed the latest nVidia drivers again. I am back to the HW encoder not being an option, and the new version has taken 59 minutes.

Any suggestions, please.

i5 650 @ 3.2GHz
2047 MB nVidia GeForce 520 GT
12GB DDR 3 665MHz
Hi, Thanks for your suggestions - I did watch Barry's video, but i can't see how I can apply that as the background changes so often - I seem to recall that the Super 8 (?) film was short and expensive - so maybe that is why each scene is short.

I have tried VirtualDub's Logoaway which seems to have some success - although I need to learn to use the setting on VirtualDub. I did try to upload the results of a ten second sample, but that failed (Maybe my Internet bandwidth)

Thanks

Doc
I have several of my father’s old 8mm film which was put on DVD a long time ago – sadly the original film was destroyed. I would like to use the power of PD 12 to improve the video. Most of the video has serious camera shake. When the film was transferred to disk a date was put on about 90% down on the left hand corner, which of course ‘dances’ around if use the stabilizer. I am reluctant to crop the video to remove the date as proportionately I will lose so much of the video. Are there any solutions, without spending huge amounts on software, or am I just dreaming?
Thanks
Doctor Keo
Thanks for all of your help - With your help I have managed to improve the video clips - and learnt a lot about improving my video.

Thanks - Doc
Hi,
I have a few minutes of very bad video taken in lit caves.I have uploaded a ten second samples. I have tried using the stabilizer at various setting, but the 'fixed' video is like video of jelly - Am i just asking too much of the stabilizer?
Thanks

PowerDirector 12 Version 2915.
WIN 7 64 bit Pro
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GT520
i5 650@320
Hi, as i've had no suggestions - I assume I am the only person with this problem, so I've ran CC clean, Tuneup diags, updated the video cards drivers and tried using the 'audio gain' in the Audio Mixing room - all these failed. I'm able to mute the audio but not reduce the volume on the rendered file. I would grateful for any suggestions.
Thanks
Doc
After I have set the volume levels with AudioDirector and then using playback to preview the movie, the volume level seems different to the rendered movie. I have also tried using the volume level a the bottom of the audio clip. Am I doing the adjustment of the volume incorrectly? Or is this just a fact of life of being the play back on different devices?

Thanks Doc

PowderDirector 12 V 2915
Go to: