Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frozen has compatability issues with PowerDVD altogether. If you look a thread or two down, you'll see my problem. It's not as bad as yours, but on PowerDVD 10, Frozen on Blu-ray quickly skips at 4 certain parts, but on my PS3/PS4 it doesn't do it, only when I watch the film on my computer's Blu-ray. So I guess PowrDVD in general just has a problem with Frozen.
So all versions of PowerDVD affect the film then? Hm.... Is that something they can update? I'm curious to know if more people are having these issues.
This is a Blu-ray/Optical Drive that came installed in my computer. It just says HP BD DH12E3SHB. But like I said, if I watch it on my PS3 it doesn't skip at all, plays perfectly fine. I'm gonna try it on my PS4 to see if that affects it. I don't have a standalone Blu-ray player, as I normally watch all my Blu-rays on my computer. But glad to hear this only isn't happening to me.

I even updated graphics drivers and tried a free trial of PDVD 13, and neither fixed the problem, so obviously it's a playback problem with the Blu-ray drive itself.
Hi, I'm using PowerDVD 10 v.10.0.1 or something like that. It came installed with my HP computer so I don't know if it's Ultra or not, but anyway, when watching Frozen on Blu-ray on my computer, at 4 certain parts the film quickly skips, during the musical parts. When Anna's singing "For The First Time In Forever" when she says "Ready for this change" it quickly passes the word "ready", and then skips a beat a few seconds later. In the "Let It Go" sequence, when Elsa says "Rise like the break of dawn", it quickly freezes on "Rise...", and when Olaf sings "In Summer", right at the end it freezes quick. It's not the Blu-ray, as I have another copy and it does the same thing.

The thing is it doesn't skip at these parts on my PS3 when I watch it. There was a patch available which I downloaded to 10.0.08 or something, but that didn't fix it. I don't think it could be my drivers, since no other Blu-ray has these problems. What can be causing this? Should I update to PowerDVD 13 or something? Will the free trial let me watch it to see if it does it?
For some reason, after I close PowerDVD10, this process still runs. But it only does it when I play a DVD, and not if I play a Blu-ray. If I play a Blu-ray and then close it, this process is not there. If I play a DVD and close it this process remains and I have to close it from task manager. Why does it do this?
Go to: