Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disney's Frozen Blu-Ray is Broken in PowerDVD 11
Barujin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2012 03:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Throughout the movie, Frozen has both video and audio corruption, showing blocks of random colors on the screen. It gets the worst at the climax of the film. I tried downloading the latest update for it, but that didn't fix anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Please note that I bought this copy from Walmart for almost $30 and now I feel ripped off. I rented it before buying and the rental did the same thing. I just assumed that the rental disk was broken.

EDIT: I realized that my PowerDVD program was probably corrupted somehow. I'll re-install when I have time.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 25. 2014 23:31

TheHobbit89 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2014 22:07 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Frozen has compatability issues with PowerDVD altogether. If you look a thread or two down, you'll see my problem. It's not as bad as yours, but on PowerDVD 10, Frozen on Blu-ray quickly skips at 4 certain parts, but on my PS3/PS4 it doesn't do it, only when I watch the film on my computer's Blu-ray. So I guess PowrDVD in general just has a problem with Frozen.
Barujin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2012 03:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tried re-installing the program but had no improvements. It's probably a graphics driver issue, which means that fixing this will be complicated. Just FYI, I have an nVidia card. Of course, any info at all is appreciated.

UPDATE: I installed an old driver and the movie cleared up a ton, though some problems still remain. The driver that worked was 320.49. No earlier driver was made for my 760. For every new driver that gets released, I'll use Frozen as my benchmark. If it can't run this movie, then it gets skipped.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 15:18

Knowltey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2014 21:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, I'm encountering random skips in playback and what-not as well on my UK release of Frozen 3D. Usually during musical sequences there will be a skip or two, and it's at consistent points.

FIrst one is during the line "so ready for this change" in "For the First Time In Forver", then another one later in that song when she enters the room with all of the paintings. Then one shortly after Elsa throws the crown in Let It Go as well as during the ending of In Summer when Olaf is holding the note.

EDIT: Although just noticed this thread is about PowerDVD 11, I have PowerDVD 13 and still having issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 00:15

[Post New]
pdvd 14 too
Jonathan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2012 11:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
pdvd 12 too