Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i have to say from reading through quite a few of the other reviews now of pd13, its a mixed bag.

It seems apparent that cyberlink are more concerned about releasing a new product with new revenue every year than actually listening to its users and trying to sort out some fundamental flaws and problems.

I was looking forward this weekend to buying the upgrade, but now looks like i will be spending the next few days looking at other products(i could wait 6 mths, perhaps not have the 10% deal on now, still end up buying it and none of the bugs get repaired whilst they invest their time on creating pd 14)

im disappointed to say the least, i have spent many hours on pd12 getting to grips with it, and do not really want to find another editing program (they all seem to have their issues anyway, including the late premiere pro 6 when you could buy it)

do the manufacturers not realise they will get more users with great reviews, and they will get great reviews if they listen to their customers and just make a product that:
- works without crashing endlessly
-makes use efficiently of what pc power you have
-a low cost easy version for beginners, and a mid cost more powerful version for prosumers
-stop wasting time on "packs" with silly animations - does anyone actually use these- if you want to create a unique dvd menu it looks better with a still image or clips from your own movie than some 1990's over the top cartoon animations
- make a dvd menu gui that is easy to accurately position txt

following the advice above, i downloaded the trial and had a little play the other day.

- the gui is really not that different to pd12
- i do think the image stabilizer is a big improvement over the previous version

to be fair i havent used it allot so i cannot comment on other deeper features, however on the whole i would say its a struggle to tell the difference over last years.

i may still upgrade purely because i did not have audio and colour director which i had a look at and look interesting, and combined with the image stabilizer its a feature that i could do with, however the upgrade cost is astronomical and not the way to keep existing users on board by upgrading every year

considering adobe premiere pro cc only works out £7.66 per mth more and it can be paid mthly, theres not allot in it if your paying £119 every year to upgrade powerdirector

of course once you buy director theres nothing to say you have to upgrade every year, compared to adobe if you stop your subscription you have nothing to show for it.
I've been using powerdirector 12 for a year now, and in the main I like it, however I have had a few issues esp creating blu rays.

I've been considering upgrading and going full hog to get ultimate suite which includes audio and colour director also. Thing is, its not exactly cheap and I'm struggling to really find any major difference or reason to upgrade other than the image stabilizer looks better (but it could be the sales pitch) and living in hope that the newer version may have updates and bug fixes.

I saw on another thread someone thought the new user gui is horrendous and the best advice he was given was if he didn't like it go back to powerdirector 12.

Is this really an all new better program worth my £119 or just a new gui to persuade us all to beleive its all new?

Any thoughts from mortals...
the same player plays one movie created by director on a blu ray, and the same player does not play another movie created by director on same batch of blu ray disc - so it can only be director that has done something different when the disc was created (both movies were exported using the same res and settings)
the above does still not answer though how the same batch of blank blu rays on the same players, one movie created worked and one created did not - so it must be something to do with how powerdirector is creating the discs?
ive checked the manual and it definately supports playing BD R and BDRW discs

the player is http://www.lg.com/uk/home-cinema-systems/lg-HB905SA-home-cinema-system

but there seems no mention on their website of what discs they support.

this does not however answer why one movie i have produced in powerdirector and saved to blu ray disc plays on all players, whilst one only seems to play on the pc's?
update -

i tried the disc above on my other pc, and it worked fine!

uninstalled and reinstalled powerdvd on first pc (the one it kept crashing) and it now also works on this...

but it still does not work on bluray player attached to tv.

this player is connected to network, so its firmware is also the most up to date - could it be a setting perhaps on how this plays dvds and linked to tv? (ir theres settings to change from 1080 i to 1080 p etc)

burners firmware is up to date.

I tried the above suggestions of saving the project to disc and using IMGburn to create a disc.

I did this, it even verfied the disc and everything checked out ok, however when its complete i still have a disc that cannot be read in either the pc or the blu ray drive connected to tv?

i dont understand if it can be verified by imgburn why it wont play...
thanks for your reply - funny actually that its Verbatom discs i was using and they dont work either!
i also tried the tip of reducing the maximum burn speed but it made no difference.

so if i create the whole thing but do not check create disc so that it saves to hdd, then if i write to bluray using imgburn will i not get the same error?

do you think its how powerdirector is burning a disc thats causing a problem, or is it creating files that are corrupt and unable to be open by reading software?

in which case surely if i save it to hdd, it will still be saving corupt files that can still not be read correctly?
Apologies you said imdburn is free. I do find it a little odd though some of the first suggestions are dont burn to disc and try different burning software (in that case have I wadted my money full stop on cyberlink)
Its bluray 25gb disc thats selected... (what else would I select if im burning a bluray disc?)

I will give it a try with unchecking burn to disc.however if this works, it still does not solve the problem of the discs not working.

Why should I spend yet more money on burning software if powerdirector is supposed to have it built in ìn the first place (or are you telling me that its known to be buggy)

And why would one project have worked(allbeit on the second attempt) but using the same settings another project does not?
I have a windows 7 pc with i7 cpu, 16gb ram nvidia geforce graphics card and lg bluray burner

Running powerdirector 12 downloaded from cyberlink a mth ago so I assume latest build

I created movie in powerdirector, disc menu screen etc then create disc. It authors and burns, completing and ejecting disc.however when disc is reinserted powerdvd crashes.when I put disc in seperate lg blu ray player attached to tv I get disc error message and it ejects disc. I have gone through about 10 bluray disc which aint cheap, trying different video encoding settings and nothing has worked on one production. On a seperate production I managed to create a disc that worked with mpeg 2 1920 x 1080 50i 24mbps. I thought it could be the resolution on the image of the disc menu screen was to high and may not be part of the video encoding so reduced the quality of this and tried the above encoding on the first production that failed to work thinking my problems would be solved, but it still does not work.

The production with same menu screen works to produce a dvd but seems to be simply destroying discs when I try to create blurays ( apart for the one that seemed to work on production 2) ive also tried two different brands of bluray discs but still it will not work.

I will also add that I had the problem when I was using the trial version of powerdirector.went through a long laborious process with cyberlink tech support providing all files asked for, and they still couldnt help.i then purchased the program as I liked the video editing and thought I could work round the blu ray creation problem but im at a loss.ive wasted days producing video in this program, money buying it and money on numerous blank blurays now destined for the bin - can anyone offer any help pleasee
Go to: