Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pulling hair out producing blu ray disc
wrighty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2014 12:39 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have a windows 7 pc with i7 cpu, 16gb ram nvidia geforce graphics card and lg bluray burner

Running powerdirector 12 downloaded from cyberlink a mth ago so I assume latest build

I created movie in powerdirector, disc menu screen etc then create disc. It authors and burns, completing and ejecting disc.however when disc is reinserted powerdvd crashes.when I put disc in seperate lg blu ray player attached to tv I get disc error message and it ejects disc. I have gone through about 10 bluray disc which aint cheap, trying different video encoding settings and nothing has worked on one production. On a seperate production I managed to create a disc that worked with mpeg 2 1920 x 1080 50i 24mbps. I thought it could be the resolution on the image of the disc menu screen was to high and may not be part of the video encoding so reduced the quality of this and tried the above encoding on the first production that failed to work thinking my problems would be solved, but it still does not work.

The production with same menu screen works to produce a dvd but seems to be simply destroying discs when I try to create blurays ( apart for the one that seemed to work on production 2) ive also tried two different brands of bluray discs but still it will not work.

I will also add that I had the problem when I was using the trial version of powerdirector.went through a long laborious process with cyberlink tech support providing all files asked for, and they still couldnt help.i then purchased the program as I liked the video editing and thought I could work round the blu ray creation problem but im at a loss.ive wasted days producing video in this program, money buying it and money on numerous blank blurays now destined for the bin - can anyone offer any help pleasee
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Part D, Parts E &F
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Please give a step by step description with screen shots what you are doing.

I suspect that you have not selected Bluray disk on the 2D tab of Create Disk module.

By the way you do not have to keep burn bluray disk platters.

On the Final Output window:
Uncheck Burn disk, Check Burn Disk Folder. You can create the disk structure on your hard drive without burning disks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2014 18:00

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Adding to what Carl has mentioned invest in some blu ray re-writable disks and use them to make a trial disk. Just put smaller videos from the one you want on the disk. Saves coasters.
Also you may try a 3rd Party burning software ImdBurn is free. Then you can burn your project to folder and use imgBurn to create as many copies as you wish, or find any errors or ommisiion in the project.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Its bluray 25gb disc thats selected... (what else would I select if im burning a bluray disc?)

I will give it a try with unchecking burn to disc.however if this works, it still does not solve the problem of the discs not working.

Why should I spend yet more money on burning software if powerdirector is supposed to have it built in ìn the first place (or are you telling me that its known to be buggy)

And why would one project have worked(allbeit on the second attempt) but using the same settings another project does not?
wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Apologies you said imdburn is free. I do find it a little odd though some of the first suggestions are dont burn to disc and try different burning software (in that case have I wadted my money full stop on cyberlink)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
ImgBurn is just for creating DVD, cd copies it is not an editor. PD is an editor and used for adding effects etc to you vidoes.

Jim
p.s don't use the full write speed of you burner drop the burn speed down a notch or two...as sometimes with the newer faster drives PD can't keep up as it caches some of the processing before burning to disk and the disk gets ahead of things.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2014 19:09

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
i also tried the tip of reducing the maximum burn speed but it made no difference.

so if i create the whole thing but do not check create disc so that it saves to hdd, then if i write to bluray using imgburn will i not get the same error?

do you think its how powerdirector is burning a disc thats causing a problem, or is it creating files that are corrupt and unable to be open by reading software?

in which case surely if i save it to hdd, it will still be saving corupt files that can still not be read correctly?
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
there has been a few who have had trouble with the create disc module burning problems and I think the programmers are looking into it. The problem sometimes arises from the burners and the types of disk being used, Memorex brand is the worst for bad disks.
JIm
Ps I recommend Verbatom disks.
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for your reply - funny actually that its Verbatom discs i was using and they dont work either!
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
did you try updating your burner's firmware, that solved a lot of problems i was having

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2014 12:36

RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
burners firmware is up to date.

I tried the above suggestions of saving the project to disc and using IMGburn to create a disc.

I did this, it even verfied the disc and everything checked out ok, however when its complete i still have a disc that cannot be read in either the pc or the blu ray drive connected to tv?

i dont understand if it can be verified by imgburn why it wont play...
wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
update -

i tried the disc above on my other pc, and it worked fine!

uninstalled and reinstalled powerdvd on first pc (the one it kept crashing) and it now also works on this...

but it still does not work on bluray player attached to tv.

this player is connected to network, so its firmware is also the most up to date - could it be a setting perhaps on how this plays dvds and linked to tv? (ir theres settings to change from 1080 i to 1080 p etc)

James1
[Post New]
Hi,
I would see what the DVd player attached to the TV which formats it supports. If it DVC ( blu ray) you created plays on other devices then it seems to me that the player that it doesn't work on is the culprit, not all players are equal in playback formats.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Those settings should be output to TV only. Check the website for your stand lone Bluray player and see what brand of Bluray discs are recommended. Manufacturers usually have a list of tested disc brands.

I have LG burner and LG player connected to my LG TV. LOL I've used some really cheap Bluray discs and never had issues.

The purpose of using Imgburn is to eliminate if there is a burning issue with PD12. I use PD12 to burn one off copies, but if I need multiple copies, i'll burn to folder and use Imgburn. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
ive checked the manual and it definately supports playing BD R and BDRW discs

the player is http://www.lg.com/uk/home-cinema-systems/lg-HB905SA-home-cinema-system

but there seems no mention on their website of what discs they support.

this does not however answer why one movie i have produced in powerdirector and saved to blu ray disc plays on all players, whilst one only seems to play on the pc's?
GGRussell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: this does not however answer why one movie i have produced in powerdirector and saved to blu ray disc plays on all players, whilst one only seems to play on the pc's?
Definitely odd...
My sister gave me some Memorex Bluray discs to burn family video. Played fine on my LG BD645 model. Sometimes just burn video files to a Bluray or DVD data disc. LG plays the files back fine including .mkv.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2014 16:46

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Debra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2013 15:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having an issue with the bluray disks that is frustrating. I sent about 15 of them out. I heard back from at least 3 people that it wouldn't play in their bluray player. I actually ended up in one of their houses and when they set up another bluray player, that same disk worked. Technology has come a long way and this just shouldn't be. Are you saying if you buy a bluray movies from the store, it will play on any bluray player but it you make one the bluray players get finicky about which bluray disk it is going to play?
GGRussell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Are you saying if you buy a bluray movies from the store, it will play on any bluray player but it you make one the bluray players get finicky about which bluray disk it is going to play?
That is correct. Has to do with the quality of the blank disc, the dye used in manufacturing, reflectivity of the bottom layer, etc. If you use a better quality blank disc (bluray or DVD), the less problems you will encounter. But there is no guarantee that any blank disc will be always work on all players. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
wrighty [Avatar]
[Post New]
the above does still not answer though how the same batch of blank blu rays on the same players, one movie created worked and one created did not - so it must be something to do with how powerdirector is creating the discs?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: the above does still not answer though how the same batch of blank blu rays on the same players, one movie created worked and one created did not - so it must be something to do with how powerdirector is creating the discs?

It may have more to do with the software/firmware in the player that does not play PowerDirector created Disks.

If you have 10 or 100 players that do play PowerDirector Created disk, and one player that does not, I would blame the player that does not.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.