Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The tech guys of powerdvd they work together with amd..they are supposed to inform us correctly!!
He jef,

Thanks for the info!
I tested it also with my intel cpu and amd 6870 gpu.
Amd fluid motion won't work with my setup.
I read somewhere that al cards from 6800 and a higher do the trick....maybe with a cpu of amd????

Another story for a video tool/setting in ccc (amd software) his steady video it only works with cpu/gpu combination of amd.

I use powerdvd 14 for mkv and dvd without hardware accl.
For bluray I use tmt 6 because I can watch without hardware accl.
My screen pq is better without hardware accl.

Grtz
I solved the choppy playback for bluray/mkv (dvd not tested yet).

These settings are for bluray and mkv!!

I use win 8.1- intel cpu - amd 6870 - 13.12 amd driver - latest powerdvd patch.

Play in powerdvd cinema mode - disable deinterlacing(settings menu powerdvd) - pcm for sound - no hardware accl./no true theater/just select off in that menu - use reclock 1883(ask me if you don't no the correct settings).

The Catalyst Control Center settings are important to...set it at 23 hz(it show after clicking 24hz).....disable all forms of image processing...disable Enforce Smooth Video playback.....disable automatic deinterlacing set the slice to vector adaptive...disable pulldown detection ...dynamic range 0-255 if your tv supports it otherwise 16-235(most cases is it 16-235).

Don't forget to set 23 hz at your screen options(desktop right click etc.)!!!!

My tv is a plasma st50 it supports 24 hz ycbcr 4:2:2 dynamic range 0-255...
Some extra information for people how plays at 60 hz....the choppiness is still visible with my settings...at 24 hz perfect playback!!

Grtz,
Brian

And i use the latetst amd stable driver 13.12.
I have the same problem with powerdvd 13. I have a 6870 amd card. I bought powerdvd in januari and i am not happy with it.
Go to: