Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please see the attached screen shot, I am not sure if this is the setting you meant.
But it still not working though.
Stevek,

Thank you for responding, I'm not a computer expert and certainly not capable of deciding which solution makes "most sense". Just follow the more "familiar" one to try first.

I did uninstalled and reinstalled the two software you recommended but PowerDVD still gives the same error message.
Not sure what they did to the recent patch, like I mentioned in previous post. My problem "shifted" from seeing unspecified error code 80004005 to instructing me to run BD Advisor and seeing HDCP not passed message (on basic, the Advanced tab says all OK).
Not sure if Cyberlink decided to make the error message looks better doing this way.

Yes, running CCleaner does some "damage" to me before because I let it delete maybe too aggressively. Too many response through internet reading, a lot of them pointed to that route. Maybe I haven't found it, this time no "damage" seen so far...

Again, I appreciate all the responses here. You don't have to do it but you still spend your time to do it for others for free. You guys are amazing!!

Hope I can hear for ideas of solving this issue.

BTW, do I need to reinstall PowerDVD? When you said "reinstall", you meant on net frame and MSXML only, right?
see attached
Another update, after reinstalling the software with Patch. The error message becomes complaining HDCP stuff.
First, it says HDCP is not initiated.
Second, after running the BD Advisor, it says HDCP is not BD Ready (see attached files0.
If I can get to watch BD DVD for two weeks with the same display card and monitor, how could it be suddenly "incapable of" playing BD?
Plus, it is still playing BD actually throught other software...

Should I get a paid version of CCleaner to clean the registry. I am not sure if the screwed up registry is located in the free or paid section of the CCleaner!!
Should I run CCleaner?
Any specific item I should check to clean?

As a side note, I do have the Aiseesoft BD player working fine but I really like to stick with PowerDVD since it is such acomprehensive media organizer, all my video, audio and phto are in one software.
Really hope to solve this issue, hate to give up this software for its incapable of BD playing.
Reinstalling window for a PowerDVD bluRay player? That's not worth it to me.

However, I did restore the system using an image created before having powerDVD. It still shows the same error message after PowerDVD installed...
My PSU just went bad recently, wondering if that is part of the reason. Will see in a few days.
Used Power DVD 13 ultra happily for less than two weeks and then it starts showing "unspecified error 80004005" with a loading/buffering, after the buffering, bluray DVD still won't play.

Several communications with technical support with no progress. Had uninstalled and reinstalled; redownloaded the software...tested with BD Advisor, sent a report about my hardware compatibility with BD.

Using Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit, since I had it worked for almost two weeks, I would rule out the possibility of incompatible hardware involved. There is no hardware failure because I can use Aiseesoft bluray ripper to rip the DVD with smooth picture playing (preview) at the same time.

What other solution is out there?

Is it fair to ask for a refund since the software is not working for me?
Go to: