Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You did not state what type of mp4 files that don't play on your pc. Suspect that you mean HEVC mp4 files.

PowerDvd Ultra and not the Deluxe later versions support playing of HEVC mp4 files. The codec for playing those mp4 files only cost $0.99 at the Microsoft store after being directed there by Windows. Do not know what you consider a small amount of cash. You can buy a new Ultra version of PDVD or get one of the free players for the pc if your pc hardware can handle it. See this link: https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/best-hevc-h265-player-for-mac-pc.htm .

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the response. Helpful. Link is appreciated.

It was an HEVC mp4 (my bad for thinking MP4 was MP4 of all kinds).

The Microsoft codec I bought was in Yen (am not in USA). 150 yen is the small amount of cash (around $1.25 USD [as you indicate approx]).

I find it ODD that I would have to buy a New version of PDVD to play an existing format of `Cyberlink MP4`... Kinda nuts. ....... Because, no doubt, .....when I buy that new PDVD, ........... I guess an new codec will come out and that will not be able to play, ........so I can buy an even newer version of PDVD, and is likely a reason why many people give up on life and become homeless due to the billionth frustration they find.

Not worried here, just thankful I already had VLC, but would have preferred to Play Everything via Cyberlink, but not willing to throw money at every molecule that moves in their universe; notwithstanding I already had to pay Microsoft for the same thing.

Kudos.
PowerDirector 15 Ultra + Cyberlink DVD

So for a couple of years I have been making videos of family/sports to youtube, where `PowerDVD` (the Power not to play?) has always refused to play them on the computer, and we could only watch them on youtube; BUT very recently, (only AFTER PAYING Microsoft some small ammount of Cash [for something codec or other]) will they now allow me to play them on their Windows 10 player, ....but my Cyberlink Power DVD STILL refuses to allow its own Cyberlink-created MP4 videos to be played by Power DVD (but I can play them the CLUNKY way by running within Power Director only).

Why is there no way to play an MP4 created in its own Cyberlink-linked program `PowerDVD`?

If there is a solution... (not via changing the format every one of hundreds of videos).... Why is this basic of things hidden so professionally?
Quote If you don't mind me saying, it seems as if you're complicating a process that is already not-completely-straightforward.

Quote: I also have a much lighter Templates folder in Cyberlink>Power Director>Templates ......... So I am copying and pasting the 6.7Gb into that to see if it works.

That didn't work because the templates are exactly where they need to be... in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates. If that's where they're installed, they'll be available in the different modules of PDR15 - Particles, PiP Objects, Titles, Menus etc.

e.g. if you look in the PiP Objects library, you should see tags/sections for the Travel & Wedding packs. Same in Particles, Titles & Menus.

Obviously, something's amiss with your installer file (hence the alert/error message), but it won't get resolved by trying to put things where they don't belong.

Here's an unlisted screen capture of where the proDAD effects and transitions are in PDR & how to apply them. Is this what you see in your PDR?

If it was me, I'd be uninstalling the whole thing completely and starting again (without modifying the installation process).

Cheers - Tony

1) I had done a standard install. Initially nothing was changed (and [after testing] I deleted the coppied 6.7Gb file when it didnt do anything). A bunch of the transitions not in the added packs do work perfect. So I know the stock ones visible do work.

2) That Video was perfect.

All I had not done was (not) click "Stand alone effect" (?) because it looked (and is worded) `inoccuous` (like it is a single minimal effect on anything), and I had looked all over elsewhere finding nothing and that box did not look like it would do anything different. Its like it was `designed to be overlooked` or something. My bad. Thanks for providing that. You are a credit to the community sir.

Hopefully I can do the same for the other `less visible` packs (Creative Design [Holiday7/8/Travel4/Wedding etc]), even thought I thought I had clicked every option there is to find & still only have 6 little gifs here, 6 gifs there, 6 simple gifs everywhere (and a bunch of other stock filters/effects).

If I cant find them, I will try the uninstall re-boot re-install, re-boot method to try fix... as I had thought it went wrong because I had other versions of PowerDirector installed (I had never used beyond a cursoryu glance [not sure if they came with PowerDVD I bought, etc]) and assumed them being installed stopped the add-ons going to the right place; so I uninstalled them (PD8 & PD13).
Quote Man - what a mess!

But there are some parts that sound right...

The packs? Holiday, Wedding etc... they contain way more than a few animations. Check this link. If they're installed correctly you should find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack

ProDAD Adorage & Vitascene? What you have showing in FX is correct. When you drop either Adorage or Vitascene onto a clip, click Effect > Standalone Effect & you should see many options available in the various folders & sub-menus. They're installed in C:\Program Files\proDAD and C:\Program Files (x86)\AdorageI-GfxDatas and C:\Program Files (x86)\AdorageI-SAL

Product keys? I could be wrong here, but I only recall applying a single product key when I installed DirectorSuite. I cannot locate any separate product keys with my installer files, which seems to confirm that. I'm not sure why you have a bunch of them.

That's a bit of a start anyway.

Cheers - Tony

Hey Tony, thanks....

I was a bit worried I was too ... umm.... frustrated via my last post...

Your points.. very helpful. (Also, maybe some items often install too fast on SSD to see where everything is going).

1) You are right, I can see the bunch of Holiday Packs etc in Creative Design Pack in C: Program Files (x86) etc... where you mentioned... (I thought they would automatically be in Cyberlink).... but I dont know how to "SEE" them in Cyberlink itself (if it is not just the 6 little Gifs)

I guess I just leave them there, because nothing tells me to do anything else with them?

2) Ref- Adorage Vitascene: I will try them again, but all I knew to do was try and see if they had any effect, and I didn`t know about anything else anywhere else connected to them (because other special effects are automatic and visible).

As for ther location in C: Prog files (x86), Iwill assume they are automatically connected in Power Director because I still have not input any Product Key for them.

I did install the key for PhotoDirector 8 Ultra which came with it, but that boots up seperatly. That works fine.

Many thanks for the help you gave.

Its partly my unfamiliarity with this software that could explain some of it, but I would live a video on youtube as to how to get the Holiday Packs etc connected in Director 15 to actually use them. Vids are great on how to use them, but a vid on how to access them in the first place would be nice.

I will try attach in the prog.

EDIT

40-minutes later...

No go...

Hunted around as to how to get the Template Packs into PD15, but nothing happening.

The program will not even allow me to import media files/folders if that was the way to do it.

There is no options in the ProDAD filters. Just drop into the test Vid, and thats it. Nothing else comes up, except stock menu items when I look for options.

I thought by version 15, this software would be fully functional.

I didnt even mind the first few times I booted the program up yesterdaythat it froze my PC so hard, I had to rip the power cord out of the wall, and re-connect to get it working again. `Ctrl, Alt Del` didnt even function.

Only fifty more attempts before I make a screenrecorder vid on how gash it is.

P.S.

It isnt my PC at fault, as I have Many HUNDREDS of fully functioning programs on this rig.

NEXT EDIT

Checked again...

Maybe it installed into Slightly the wrong place?

I see in C: Prog Files (x86), I have `Cyberlink>Templates` (6.7Gb)

I also have a much lighter Templates folder in Cyberlink>Power Director>Templates ......... So I am copying and pasting the 6.7Gb into that to see if it works.

Almost done....

Final EDIT here

Nope. That didnt work.

Still invisible template fx packs etc.
Quote Hi RGoto -

Just as a matter of interest, what are the file sizes of the two proDAD installer files? Adorage & Vitascene?

That may not help at all, but it does seem like the downloaded file is faulty in some way. In theory, the installer on the backup disc should be the same as the one you've downloaded.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the response Tony... (& all)

The adorage/vitascene files are the same size (as the ones you reference)

And I have PowerDirector 15 at 995,789 KB (not DS 5)

What is see in the actual program at `fx` is "Download ProDAD" and "Adorage Filter (x1) & Vitascene Filter (x1).

Only Vitascene seems to do anything (in the program), by adding a single tint (the Adorage one I cannot tell the difference).

Maybe thats all they are? A bit of a tint? But why have a Desktop box with a button appear after install that tells you to run it, and it gives an error message?

Anyway, what also makes me thing there is a problem, is that I have not installed any codes anywhere except for PowerDirector 15, and I have 11 other Product Keys for the add-ons (where do I input them?).... or is it all done via the PD15 code?

Mysteries.

EDIT

P.S.

I had a look at Holiday PACK 7, and is it really just 6 black & white gifs? Input Key not required?

I had a look at Holiday PACK 8, and I guess it really is just 6 colored gifs. No input key required...?

& I also had to palmface myself when I saw the wedding pack 6 gifs.

The number of the beast.

Is this an American product or something?

No matter. It is what it is.
Quote Hi, may be you try to install the wrong version, there is a link for the 32 bit and the 64 bit software.

This one is quicker to answer first..

Could have been... but..

I`m using a 64-bit Windows 10 and only installed the 64-bit files (Haswell i7 rig with 16Gb Ram & 8Gb Asus NVidia 1070 GPU).
Quote I think we need more/better details.

I assume you just got the Powerdirector download. Did you download all of the parts listed in your confirmation email?

The Adorage ProDAD is a separate install. just Double click the *.exe file, do not change the default location unless you installed the Powerdirector Suite in a different location, if that is the case, install the Adorage ProDAD package in the same location.

If you have a LIVE subscription, use the Cyberlink Application Manager to install.

1) Yes, I have downloaded everything.... and attempted to install everything.

2) I now refer you to my previous comment;-

"When I install Adorage ProDAD to the set location (C: Program files) the file gives the following error..... >> Adorage ShellExecute"Adorage.exe" 2: The specified file was not found. "

etc...

EDIT

Also, `No.... I do not use the subscription service` (I never would); its the site retail version. A backup DVD is en-route (but that should make no difference to the issue pointed out).

I even updated PD15 at the site, and tried again... but no success. Just an icon appears in the PD15 Software with a link to buy.

There is also NOWHERE to put in any of the 11? other Product Key codes provided for various add-ons (and I have only been able to put in the PowerDirector 15 Code [at install]).

Confusing.
Trying to install the add-ons for Cyberlink 15.

Even though I have been installing programs and building PC`s for 20 years, I dont know how to install the additional "ProDAD" pack for Cyberlink 15 Ultimate.

When I install Adorage ProDAD to the set location (C: Program files) the file gives the following error..... >>

Adorage ShellExecute"Adorage.exe" 2: The specified file was not found.

So... try Install again

Install again after re-booting >>>

and again... this time at the Cyberlink 15 Folder (where other add-on packs seem to be located >>

In Cyberlink 15 itself, the image of ProDAD just takes me to the Cyberlink Website to buy it.... But its part of the Ultimate package I bought.

Any clues?
Ok; had managed to figure part of it out.

Its a confusing array of software and prices with limited information regarding what I would like to know. Such as I can I back-up my Blu-Ray collection for a 2Tb USB Hard-Drive Book for my Tv...

I already have Cyberlink 13 MediaSuite Ultra I bought to play 3D Blu-Rays on my PC. I got that account mixed up with the one I was starting with Director I was trying out. But it will take practice to learn it as at the moment it does not appear to be ergonomically designed for my mind..

No probs.
I am trying to Log-in to DZ `Director Zone` because I have the trial version 8 I would like to `ACTIVATE`, and I would like to UPGRADE and Buy the Version 14.

The software takes me to DZ.

I try to log-in.

I have the right password, because I am logged in. here. Now.

I have it written down. Its the password I use.

HOW DO I LOG IN ?

Or do I not log in to activate my account? ... So, I cannot UPGRADE?

I also would like to know if I buy the Disc (or Download Version) of Director 14, Buying from Japan (where I live), if I can install it in English?
Go to: