Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry, your password is incorrect.
RGoto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2013 09:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to Log-in to DZ `Director Zone` because I have the trial version 8 I would like to `ACTIVATE`, and I would like to UPGRADE and Buy the Version 14.

The software takes me to DZ.

I try to log-in.

I have the right password, because I am logged in. here. Now.

I have it written down. Its the password I use.

HOW DO I LOG IN ?

Or do I not log in to activate my account? ... So, I cannot UPGRADE?

I also would like to know if I buy the Disc (or Download Version) of Director 14, Buying from Japan (where I live), if I can install it in English?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am trying to Log-in to DZ `Director Zone` because I have the trial version 8 I would like to `ACTIVATE`, and I would like to UPGRADE and Buy the Version 14.

The software takes me to DZ.

I try to log-in.

I have the right password, because I am logged in. here. Now.

I have it written down. Its the password I use.

HOW DO I LOG IN ?

Or do I not log in to activate my account? ... So, I cannot UPGRADE?

I also would like to know if I buy the Disc (or Download Version) of Director 14, Buying from Japan (where I live), if I can install it in English?
You can not upgrade the Trial Version, you must purchase the retail version.

Sounds like you may be logging into the Director Zone. No purchase there.

Link to the USA store.

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/index_en_US.html?r=1 Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RGoto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2013 09:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Ok; had managed to figure part of it out.

Its a confusing array of software and prices with limited information regarding what I would like to know. Such as I can I back-up my Blu-Ray collection for a 2Tb USB Hard-Drive Book for my Tv...

I already have Cyberlink 13 MediaSuite Ultra I bought to play 3D Blu-Rays on my PC. I got that account mixed up with the one I was starting with Director I was trying out. But it will take practice to learn it as at the moment it does not appear to be ergonomically designed for my mind..

No probs.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, RGoto!

Version 8(by that I think you mean Power Director does not need the Internet to activate it, All you do there is type in the CDKey number in the appropriate place when you open it first time after installation, however, to register it you'll need to log in to DZ. But later versions(PD9 onwards, I believe) do need the Internet and log-in to DZ to complete the activation process. PD8 has long ago been superceded but, as it happens I have it on my computer and retain it for certain tasks.

Just wondering:- If your PD8 does not have a CDKey number, it could be because it's an OEM version(bare-bones) which was packaged with capture card devices and promoted in the marketplace with words like "Turn your old VHS Tapes into DVD with (brand-name) VHS to DVD Converter!" or words similar to that. These OEM versions don't need registration and activate as soon as they're opened but are little better than the trial version as many of their features do not function, that's why the full retail version with the CDKey is the better option for ALL versions of Power Director. Carl312 or Dafydd B. may be able to advise on how to get hold of Power Director 14 from Japan(you might have to contact Cyberlink directly, that's where Carl or Dafydd may be able to help).

Cheers!

Neil.