Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The vd project is dated 25th/06

Could it be that my mp4 which was produced by PowerDirector on these settings
MPEG4, 1920x1080 24fps 16mps, Aust PAL, is not compatible?

GOT IT!!!!! (PUNCHING FISTS IN THE AIR!!)

It was my mp4 movie, when I originally outputed the movie it was at a default setting. I redid the video at the setting above and it worked.

THANK YOU!!!!

SO MUCH!!!!!

Was getting close to spending money. LOL

Thank you once again.

Briliant!
Sorry , still same error. Got to go to work unfortunately.
I have downloaded two clips and they both run, a vertical and horizontal clip. Its all there 23.7
Hi
All sitting in the same folder.
The setting are as you have shown them. I am still getting the same error. I took a capture of the setting.

When I try to open the other two project files I get the capture 2 message
Thank you very much, will try it out and get back to you. Thanks!!!

Just loaded Vdub, and had a go, I loaded 16_9 Horizontal IG 1_1.project, (nothing changes on the interface) then opened video file TDPC 12 Sec Promo.mpe, then file, Save video... (no Save Video as), and then it came up woith this message (see capture). Thanks
Quote Unfortunately, the answer to all of your questions is No. No version of PD (so far) can do that, and there are no plug-ins either.

However, there are 2 simple ways to get exactly what you want using free 3rd party tools. See this post for more details.

If you're familiar with VirtualDub (or the much newer VDub2), that post shows the steps and you'll just need to make a change to the final pixel resolution, since that thread was specifically how to create a nonstandard 1920x800 video. If you want to use VDub2 and you know what output resolution you want to produce to, I can create a custom project file for you.

If you're more familiar with the free VLC player, there are steps in tomasc's post immediately after following that list the steps there. Please read the posts afterwards to make sure you have all of the other settings set correctly.

Please post back here if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help

Thats a bummer!. Unfortunately I am not familiar with any of those programs and wanted a simple solution. There are some programs that you can use especially designed for Instagram, but I was hoping that PowerDiirector newest version was on top of this. I want to upload to instagram rather than shooting with a crapy phone camera. Oh well, it seems they have me were they want, extract more $$$, I would rather get PowerDirectors latest.
Are there any versions of Power Director that over various aspect ratio, especially 1:1 for Instagram. Or a plug in which allows you to convert wide to 1:1. If so would it work on PD12
There was a few cache files to delete, thanks. Will try updating video card as well. Thank You! :
Hi All.

My program came up with an update notice which I let it then update the program. Then Director developed an out of sync problem, which led me to the forum where I downloaded and installed the available patches. Now it seems to be suffering from power or memory issue. It seems to be really sluggish and slow in response. Even the graphics is suffering with slow regenerations. Prior to all of the it was really fine. My system is fast even in todays standard. Intel i7 8 core 3.40Ghz, 16 GB, 64 bit OS, 120 Solid State drive, 2 TB storage.

Has anybody had a similar problem or know what could be causing this, or how to tweak the program so that it access more memory.
Hi. I have found the solution, I was poking around in the wrong place, but finally found the feature. Love this program!
Hi There
Has anybody tried to and have successfully changed their frame rate in a movie clip. For example have a section of your movie speed up or slow down. If you have I am very interested to learn how you have done this.
Hi James
Thanks heaps fro getting back to me. Just took a small shoot and tried what you suggested. I plug the camera in and connect (upload function) to the PC and navigate to the folder DCIM, it is empty.

When I connect to the PC , 2 Autoplay windows pop up one called JVCCAM_MEM, the other Removable Disk (G). The first one navigates to ACCHD, DCIM (empty) EXTIMOV and PRIVATE. The other navigates directly to PRIVATE (which has AVCH folder and two DAT files.

I have searched all the folders for .mts files, none there.

Is there a way I can post these folders straight from the camcorder?

Is this camera not compatible with this software.

WOOHOO, found the culprit hidden in a folder, within a folder, within a folder, within a folder....I had to stand on my head, rub my tummy and poke my ear, and there it was. Mystery solved. Thanks James, your a hero!
Thanks Dafydd. Will try a drag and drop of the DAT files into the media room. Still no work, mmmm

I have tried all the different Video quality option on my camera, (though that might be the problem ) from high to low, still PD will not import my DAT files. Has anyone else used a JVC Everio camcorder. Please I am at my end here. I have spent hour searching the internet for any help or advice. What I have found is that it should work, it should import DAT. I am trying to get in contact with Cyberlink, but I gets directed to this forum.
Just following up. Tried the instruction, could not import files. My camera generates four folder on the top level. AVCHD, DCIM EXTIMOV and PRIVATE folders. I don not know what they do. I noticed that in the PD manual it had said that Power director imports DAT. So I tried the DAT files in the PRIVATE folder, There were 2 DAT files for the short clip I shot. AVCID.DAT and DCFID.Dat. Power Director did not like them. I get an error message about unsupported media, broken file, or protect or some other reason. Has anybody got any ideas please.
Hi.
Just bought new software Power Director 12 and a JVC Everio GZ-EX355 Full HD. I have download the manual the instruction are as below (my camcorder does not use fire wire).

If your HDV camcorder connects to your computer via a USB connection, just
import the video files directly from your camcorder, as if it was another hard drive
on your computer. See Importing Media for information on importing video files
from your computer.

The question I have is do I just grab the files as they are from the camcorder and dump them on a hard drive. How do I then access them. I know this must sound dumb. Sorry. Newbie
Go to: