Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Try Limewire.com
Been busy so did not post an update on this problem. It took all of 40 sec to solve using Dafydd's advice. Just did an audit of one previously working project (by opening the pds in notepad) and added some missing lines to the code. Project opened just fine after that
Hi Dafydd,

I always save my work - unfortunately I always overwrite the file. I treid to reinstall Pwer Director but I get the same crash as soon as I try to open the file. All the other pds files work just fine. Since the project is large there are so many lines of text when I open the file in notepad - I really don't know what to alter. Is there an easy way to identify the specific line of text causing the problem? In future I'll do as you say - I'll save say every 5 min covered as a new file. I spent a lot of time on the file and haven't a clue which line is the problem line.
I've just spent hours on a project. The last thing I did was to add a "skip" effect to my file and the program crashed. Now PD5 crashes as soon as I try to open my file - can anyone help?
Hi Dafydd,

When I played the DVD on my normal player it works just fine. It only gave me the problem when playing off the computer. The computer is an HP media centre 2.8 Ghz Intel pentium D, with 1Gig Ram and 250gig HD. I don't have anything on it other than the projects I work on for my videos.

Support have not been very helpful, For the first problem they discussed they came up with the usual solution to reinstall the software. Much preferred your help - with the workaround at least I have finished that project. (Doesn't solve the problem but at least I live to fight another day)
Hi, I've just redone my full project again as am getting absolutely no help from the support team :

vcyashpal Reply 2007/04/06 12:58
Dear Melvyn,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we regret the inconvienence you have encountered so far.

Kindly right click on the project and select remove and the title will be deleted from your project.

>>>>>>>>

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank you and best regards

AND MY RESPONSE WAS:

Doesn't Work
Sorry to be sarcastic here, nut I have
been using a computer for the last 10
years and do know how to delete the
title. PD5 doesnt allow me to right
click - as soon as I take the mouse
near it I just get this little window
saying Parameter is incorrect - That's
why I raised it in the first place -
because I had no way out - the software
does not have an exit possibility -
once in the hole you cant get out -
like a catch 22. So you have still not
solved my problem. I had to re do the
whole project but I want you to follow
this up and give me a proper
solution. - And please don't come back
saying to reinstall the software again
Hi Dafydd, (Apologies for mispronouncing your name, mate) Tried what we discussed. I had already produced the movie before. I just played this now and both tracks are there - I'll just put it on the timeline and create the DVD now. Thanks so much - the workaround really helped.

Something else if you don't mind I had wanted to put a music in the background when the menu appears - something soft. I did this and did a playback test and it sounds just fine. However, when I create my DVD and play from the DVD the sound track is disturbed.....starts then stops..continues...stops..that't the best I can describe it. Any suggestions if Vista is causing this too. I really like the software but just have been so frustrated with the issues I face and am not getting decent replies from Tech support.
I've been experiencing this problem when I made a title that was too long. Cyberlinks response was unfortunately far off from the answer I needed. I'm still following this up with them Their response so far is:

Melvyn Correia Asked 2007/04/05 00:51
So how to solve
Hi,

Your response does not solve my
predicament. How do I delete the
title box. I can't do the project
again!! I just need to delete the
title so that I can move on
cs_staff Wait for response

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melvyn Correia Asked 2007/04/04 05:02
Parameter is incorrect
Tried all the suggestions and none
working. Have a very powerful machine
with an excellent graphics card as the
monitor is a widescreen high definition
monitor.

The problem is because of using the
default title template and writing a
very long sentence. Thats when the
error "Parameter is incorrect" appears.

Screen print has been done and is
attached -The title just above
the "Halloween Theme" sound track is
causing the error but I can't delete
this title box.

Attach File : Error.jpg
vcyashpal Reply 2007/04/04 16:58
Dear Melyvn,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we regret to say that long line in title or long title names is not supported by PowerDirector software and therefore it will not work.

We apologize for the inconvienence you have encountered so far.

>>>>>>>>

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melvyn Correia Asked 2007/04/03 05:17
Parameter is Incorrect
Just put a long line in the default
title as I wanted the message to
scroll through. However, I am getting
a message "Parameter is Incorrect" and
then windows crashes. I can't lengthen
the title so that it can scroll slowly
from right to left, nor can I delete
it. Please assist urgently.
vcyashpal Reply 2007/04/03 16:50
Dear Melvyn,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Support.

In regard to your issue, kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch Power Director.

2. Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

3.Please update your VGA card driver. You may contact your VGA card manufacturer or the computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

If issue is still not resolved, we may need to reinstall PowerDirector.

4. Uninstall PowerDirector software:

a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink
And reboot your PC.

5.Reinstall PowerDirector from the CD.

6.Please close all other software and utility applications.

If still issue persists then kindly provide us the screenshot of the error message for further troubleshooting:

lostcdkey.jsp

>>>>>>>>

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if the issue persists.

Hi. I have a problem at the moment with PD5. I have finished my video and want to burn a DVD. However, when I create disc, and preview the Voice track does not play. The sound track is fine but the voice track doesn't play. If I play my movie using the timeline screen both tracks play fine. Why is it that it does not work only when I try to finalise DVD?
Go to: