Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Voice Sound Track Problem
Melvyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2007 08:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I have a problem at the moment with PD5. I have finished my video and want to burn a DVD. However, when I create disc, and preview the Voice track does not play. The sound track is fine but the voice track doesn't play. If I play my movie using the timeline screen both tracks play fine. Why is it that it does not work only when I try to finalise DVD?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi. I have a problem at the moment with PD5. I have finished my video and want to burn a DVD. However, when I create disc, and preview the Voice track does not play. The sound track is fine but the voice track doesn't play. If I play my movie using the timeline screen both tracks play fine. Why is it that it does not work only when I try to finalise DVD?

Melvyn,

Okay, I've sent you an email...with some suggestions. I'm not sure they'll resolve your problem but they are a possible work around.

Dafydd
Melvyn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, (Apologies for mispronouncing your name, mate) Tried what we discussed. I had already produced the movie before. I just played this now and both tracks are there - I'll just put it on the timeline and create the DVD now. Thanks so much - the workaround really helped.

Something else if you don't mind I had wanted to put a music in the background when the menu appears - something soft. I did this and did a playback test and it sounds just fine. However, when I create my DVD and play from the DVD the sound track is disturbed.....starts then stops..continues...stops..that't the best I can describe it. Any suggestions if Vista is causing this too. I really like the software but just have been so frustrated with the issues I face and am not getting decent replies from Tech support.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
My suggestion.

1. Produce your project as a Mpeg 2 DVD HQ file
1-1 Check it has the audio
2. Bring the mpeg back into PD as a new project
3. Add your chapters
4. Create your finished DVD

Test PD - try this as well
1. Open PD - new project
2. Drag into the time-line two or three Aquarium.mpg
3. Add an audio file to a time-line
4. Put another audio file into the other autio time-line
5. Create a DVD (to your Hard Drive) - put it into the My Works Directory
6. Play the Vob files in this DVD with you Video player software

Repeat this test but this time change 6... and add a voice over.

You mentioned in our phone conversation you have Vista. Please contact Tech Support and state the actions you have carried out and ask specifically if there are issues with Vista that would/could cause this problem.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
The audio from the DVD. Ummm is this when you play the DVD on your computer...and i don't know the spec of your computer? Or is it when you play the finished DVD in a standalone player and viewed on your TV?

Dafydd
no worries mate... the phonetics of my name are different than english letters/sounds.
Melvyn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

When I played the DVD on my normal player it works just fine. It only gave me the problem when playing off the computer. The computer is an HP media centre 2.8 Ghz Intel pentium D, with 1Gig Ram and 250gig HD. I don't have anything on it other than the projects I work on for my videos.

Support have not been very helpful, For the first problem they discussed they came up with the usual solution to reinstall the software. Much preferred your help - with the workaround at least I have finished that project. (Doesn't solve the problem but at least I live to fight another day)