Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello all,

I am new to filming and editing. I am using a Canon HF G10. I have power director and color director. Does anyone have any tips on how to get a very cinematic look? I am interested in wildlife videography and would love to someday get videos to look like these.
http://vimeo.com/68732151

Any tips on how to achieve that look?

Thanks
Brent
I have the same issue. I have upgraded my graphics card and it is still awful. I only really notice it after I adjust color or use any power tools. I will probably jump ship to Adobe this spring...
Update: I updated my video card and power supply to my computer. Sadly, it didn't help. I had a good friend install everything, but it didn't seem to help.
Is there a way to attach text to a moving object in a video? Say a leaf blowing in the wind for example.
Thank you!
Quote: Is this the computer system you have?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407203,00.asp

If yes- you should be able to add a faster graphics card.
But the caveat is: just because you have a faster graphics card does not mean everything will be silky smooth. It will help overall, but the playback preview window is notorious for having slow, stutter and so on. Video editing is very CPU intensive.

Not trying to discourage you or anything- just giving you a heads up. Your mileage may vary.

Rob

That's it. How does one upgrade a card? When I check for updates it says I have the current one. Can I get a better one somewhere?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics 2500 or Intel® HD Graphics
Current Driver Installed 9.17.10.2867
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

That being the case, it might be worthwhile to check the PC manufacturer's WEB site, to see what it recommends. Dell, Gateway, HP, Lenovo, etc. ?? Search for "display (or graphic) driver."

How do I know which is best?

It appears that your driver is newer than any of those listed. Not that newest is always best, but it's probably wise to stick with what you have. And the list in your attachment may be generic Intel, even though it's from a PC manufacturer.

Others may chime in here with other/better advice.

Thanks for your help. I thought my video card was good.

Does anyone know ifi can upgrade to a new or different one?
Quote:
Quote: Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics 2500 or Intel® HD Graphics
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

That being the case, it might be worthwhile to check the PC manufacturer's WEB site, to see what it recommends. Dell, Gateway, HP, Lenovo, etc. ?? Search for "display (or graphic) driver."

How do I know which is best?
Quote:
Quote: is Part B how to update my video card?

It appears that your PC uses Intel graphics. Go here and see if a driver update is available...
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

If, after installing, problems arise ... roll back via Control Panel|DEVICE MANAGER|DISPLAY ADAPTERS|<your adapter>|DRIVER tab.

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics 2500 or Intel® HD Graphics

that's what it told me
Is this what you need?
is Part B how to update my video card? I am alittle confused by it...
Hello I am new here and also new to PD11. I am running into a problem when I am editing video. After I adjust colors the editing preview becomes very choppy. Even if I take the quality preview down, it freezes then catches up with the sound and video out of sync. I know they are fine, but the preview makes everything slow and choppy. Is there anyway I can fix this? My RAM is fine. I am 1.3/7.9 16%. I only have PD open.

Thanks
Go to: