Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am trying to figure out how to edit tilt-shift in pd5. I see it listed on the web sight but cant find out ow to do it?
That patch fixed it! Thanks you guys so much, I knew it would come down to something like this. Now as soon as I get some time I'm going to start working with this and figuring out how to use it! Thanks again so much!
Ok my Version is Power Director Ultimate 11.0.0.2027
Maybe I need a patch?
I only get that green rendering bar if I match the fps. So if I match the fps in settings I don't get that warning box but when I try to play the clip I get that green rendering 0-100% bar. I don't think I selected "render preview"?

So maybe I should try that patch first and if that doesn't work I will go and follow your steps above? Please advise, thanks!
So I think that I was able to do everything that you guys asked for to help trouble shoot this problem. (Other than a sample video clip because it does it with the sample videos on the program) So what do you suggest?
I guess its one of two things, the computer or the program? What would you suggest would be my next step? I really want to get this working so I can get learning how to use this editor! Thanks.
Its a TV formant warning. Clip is 30fps vs. 60fps in setup. If I change it in setup to match I still have the problem, just don't get the warning.

So there is a difference between a "video" card and a "graphics" card right? The next level up computer had a graphics card and maybe some more memory but it was more than $200 more and I was told I wouldn't need.
Ok I went to the NVidia website and did an update and nothing changed. Also when I was installing PD11 It installed quicktime at that time so unless they had an update in the last 3 days I should be good. I made a very quick video with my phone on what its doing. You can see it plays fine from the Media room but at the 30 sec. mark it starts to "start/stop" and that's what i'm having a problem with. Tried a video from one of my gopros and same thing. Also could this be an issue of not having a graphics card? The guy at Best Buy assured me I would be fine if I wasn't a gamer...
Thank you guys for your help, I'm sure that we can get this figured out!
Tried it both ways and no difference. Also the recording is 3.5 minutes long.
Ok I hope I did that DxDiag right?
This computer better work for editing videos! I just bought it and I told the guy at Best Buy that would be my #1 priority for it! I brought in the specs for running PD11 and he assured me that this would be more that plenty.
Ok I recorded video with a Canon HF r400 set at MP4 35Mbps-hope that's what your asking?
It plays fine in what ever windows based player is on this computer, not sure what it is?
Also if I play the clip from the Media room, it plays fine in the preview window. When I place the video on the time line track it only plays for a second at a time.
Maybe I'm not doing something right? The time line is where you would "edit" the video right?
I'm just starting to play around with PD11 and am having this issue. I imported a video that I took and when I try to play it in the preview window (upper right screen) it says rendering 0-100%, plays for about 1-2 seconds, then repeats.
I tried changing the preview quality, real time preview and also NTSC from 60frs to NTSC 30fps, still get same issue. The video clip is MP4 60fps.
I listed the computer specs in my signature. I hope this is not normal and I'm just not doing something right. Thanks for any help!
So after searching the internet for a bit and reading over these post I just did a "restart with updates" and it "fixed" it on its own. This is a brand new, windows 8 computer and is very difficult to navigate especially for someone who is not the best with computer issues! lol Thanks for the replies, I'm sure I'll have some more questions in the future.
Hello this is my first post and as you can guess new to PowerDirector. I bought a box copy of PD11 and when I install from the disc everything seams to go ok till I try to "open" the program once its all done installing. I'm getting a box with a message that says..."The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration in incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail"
I have no idea what this means? I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and got the same out come. I hope some one can help, I pretty excited to get playing around with this!!! thanks
Go to: