Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi All,

After having to replace my Hard Drive I now need to re-install my PD16 editor.

I had upgraded originally from an original full version of PD11 to PD14 and then to PD16 .

There don’t appear to be any instructions on how to deal with this in the FAQ’s on the site.

The only reference I have found to this situation is in a reply in the Forums to a question from a member (batisteli) that was answered by Carl312 (Senior Contributer).

The question on the Forum was under the heading “Upgrade From 11 Pc Crashed”
Among the answers was the following one that did throw some light on the subject:

“What you can do, is purchase a Full version of PowerDirector or Director Suite, Full versions install without previous versions. Upgrades always require the previous version to be on the computer.”

So I need to know, do I have to first install the original PD11 and then PD14 upgrade and then PD16 upgrade, or can I install PD11 and then run the PD16 upgrade right after this.

I couldn’t find any instructions on how to deal with this in the FAQ’s on the site.

The suggestion of purchasing a new full version seems to me not to be in keeping with the policy of Cyberlink to treat it's loyal customers favourably by giving them incentives to continue buying upgrades at bargain prices, so there should be some easy way of re-installing upgrades if this has to be done.

Thanks All
Hi All,

Just to update ...
I sent an outline of my problem to the guys at Cyberlink and they gave me a new download of the software. They also advised to un-check the Hardware Encoding (as advised by the guys here). Since then I haven't encountered any further problems when Producing my videos.
I don't know if there were any updates in the new software but it all runs quite well now.
It would be nice if there was a way of locking the Hardware Encoding off permanently as I forgot to un-check it once or twice but it hasn't really caused any further problems.

The SVRT still doesn't run the way it's supposed to (the Apply button doesn't function) but I can use it to determine what the Format of the video should be. Then I just make a Custom Format so I can then select it for Producing the videos.

Thanks to you guys for all the helpful advise.
Jim
I'm very grateful for the advice stevek,

I'll try all of your suggestions and post any results on here.

As for the Hardware Encoding ... I think that it was just ticked as the default and as I'm not yet used to all the settings on PD 11 I didn't consider it may be contributing to the problem. I'll make sure that it's off in future.
Thanks Jaime,

I Imported a DV_AVI ... 720 x 576 / 50i (25Mbps) video.
Put it on the Timeline in the Edit Window and Split it at approx a 1 min length and deleted the rest.
I then went to the Produce window and selected the AVI Format that's identical to the original.
I tried your suggestion of un-ticking the Fast Video Rendering Tech Box and then clicked the Start Button. The video rendered in no time ... great.
I then looked at the SVRT to see what the suggested format would be and it told me that there are " No SVRT Profiles available for the current project" ???

I did the same thing again but this time selected the Device Tab and then selected Samsung ... i7500 Galaxy ... I left the Fast Rendering Box un-ticked ... I clicked the Start Button and once again the video rendered very fast.

I then Ticked the Fast Rendering Tech Box and tried to Produce the Samsung Format again. This time PD 11 once again froze and I ended up having to again use the Task Manager to close the program.

I'll have to try to organize my Producing to do it in stages so I can eventually produce videos with the final edits that I require or else do some short edits on my Projects and try out the rendering to see if it works on those before wasting time continuing to editing the full video.

I'm just disappointed that I've paid a lot for a program that's so hap hazard and such a pain to get to work properly.
Hello All,

I purchased and installed PD 11 shortly before PD 12 came available and am still learning how to use it.
I have Edited and Produced a couple of videos and had no problems.
However, I have now imported an MP4 video file (MPEG4 352x288 25FPS) and I'm having a problem when trying to Produce it after Editing.
Initially I did Produce an WMV file from the Edited MP4 file with no problems.
The problem arose when I tried to Produce the MP4 file in it's own format using the Intelligent SVRT process. The SVRT track showed completely red ie. that the complete video would have to be rendered which seemed strange to me. I decided to proceed with the Producing but soon noticed that the process was stuck on 1% rendered and showed no sign of progressing from this.
I tried to Cancel the processing but there was still no sign of the system responding.
I eventually had to use the Task Manager to close PD 11.
When I re-opened it I found that it would not Produce any edited video and ended up having to re-install the whole program onto my laptop again.
Unfortunately I tried to process the video again using a custom format that looks identical to the original format and after failing tried the SVRT again and now it looks like I'm going to have to re-install PD 11 all over again.
I have sent this problem in to Customer Support but I'm just wondering if anyone else on the Forum has encountered this problem.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5720, running Windows 8.1 64-bit

Thanks,
Jim
Go to: