Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Re-installing a PD16 Upgrade
Lorgach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2013 07:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

After having to replace my Hard Drive I now need to re-install my PD16 editor.

I had upgraded originally from an original full version of PD11 to PD14 and then to PD16 .

There don’t appear to be any instructions on how to deal with this in the FAQ’s on the site.

The only reference I have found to this situation is in a reply in the Forums to a question from a member (batisteli) that was answered by Carl312 (Senior Contributer).

The question on the Forum was under the heading “Upgrade From 11 Pc Crashed”
Among the answers was the following one that did throw some light on the subject:

“What you can do, is purchase a Full version of PowerDirector or Director Suite, Full versions install without previous versions. Upgrades always require the previous version to be on the computer.”

So I need to know, do I have to first install the original PD11 and then PD14 upgrade and then PD16 upgrade, or can I install PD11 and then run the PD16 upgrade right after this.

I couldn’t find any instructions on how to deal with this in the FAQ’s on the site.

The suggestion of purchasing a new full version seems to me not to be in keeping with the policy of Cyberlink to treat it's loyal customers favourably by giving them incentives to continue buying upgrades at bargain prices, so there should be some easy way of re-installing upgrades if this has to be done.

Thanks All
Terminal [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

After having to replace my Hard Drive I now need to re-install my PD16 editor.

I had upgraded originally from an original full version of PD11 to PD14 and then to PD16 .

There don’t appear to be any instructions on how to deal with this in the FAQ’s on the site.

The only reference I have found to this situation is in a reply in the Forums to a question from a member (batisteli) that was answered by Carl312 (Senior Contributer).

The question on the Forum was under the heading “Upgrade From 11 Pc Crashed”
Among the answers was the following one that did throw some light on the subject:

“What you can do, is purchase a Full version of PowerDirector or Director Suite, Full versions install without previous versions. Upgrades always require the previous version to be on the computer.”

So I need to know, do I have to first install the original PD11 and then PD14 upgrade and then PD16 upgrade, or can I install PD11 and then run the PD16 upgrade right after this.

I couldn’t find any instructions on how to deal with this in the FAQ’s on the site.

The suggestion of purchasing a new full version seems to me not to be in keeping with the policy of Cyberlink to treat it's loyal customers favourably by giving them incentives to continue buying upgrades at bargain prices, so there should be some easy way of re-installing upgrades if this has to be done.

Thanks All

The PD16 and/or Director Suite 6 upgrade version when used by the provided download links from Cyberlink work as a full installation. No need to install previous versions. This was my experience anyway. Any other way would have been blatantly annoying and would have prompted me to get a full refund for being hassled by a nonsense installation method.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2018 10:57

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Lorgach,

Justcontact orcall customer service and they will provide you with what you need. It'll be helpful if you have a purchase number for PDR 16 upgrade, but just the correct email address will do.

You usually do need at least the product key from the older versions, but customer service will take care of it for you.

David