Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I play a MKV file with a single audio stream, the player plays it fine as default. The problem is that the audio selection tab is greyed out because it is a single stream and I cannot view the name of the audio stream that is currently playing. Even though there is a single audio stream in a MKV file, can you please have the player still give the user the ability to see the name of the stream it is playing like it does when there are multiple audio streams? Thanks!
Thanks Michael, this is by far my biggest issue with Version 13 Ultra. In my perfect world for subtitles for MKV files:

1) The player should always default to NO subtitles. EXCEPTIONS ARE BELOW:
2) If a MKV subtitle stream has a forced/default flag, the player needs to default to the forced/default subtitle stream automatically during playback.
3) When the next movie is played, the player needs to go back to the default of NO subtitles unless another forced/default Subtitle stream is detected in the next movie.

The current behavior is to erratic and unpredictable and is really pushing me to other solutions which I really don't want to. Thanks again for getting this one addressed.
I have some mkv files with a combination of standard English and "forced" subtitles. I author my mkv's to default to my forced subtitle tracks if they are present. Version 13 ultra is not consistently playing back my movies and honoring the mkv headers for forced subtitle tracks. For example, I will watch a movie with English subtitles and then watch one with a forced track and the player selects the standard english track instead of the forced track even though it is flagged as default and forced. I have verified all my mkv headers are correct. Powerdvd 13 is not honoring the headers. This is very frustrating and requires constant user intervention to make sure I have the subtitles right for every movie I watch. The only way I could fix this is by removing all the subtitles except for the forced ones.
Here is the problem we are all trying to describe...When I play an MKV file and turn on the subs....every movie that I click on thereafter has the subs "on" by default. The player seems to remember that I just watched a movie with subs and assumes I want them on all the time. This is not the case...
There needs to be an additional option to always default the subs to "off" at the start of every movie (VLC Player does this PERFECTLY) unless an MKV file header forces a Forced sub to play automatically. The checkbox should not overrule the MKV headers. After watching a movie with forced subs, the next one should come up with no subs as default (assuming this movie has no forced subs).
This will prevent users from always having to check sub settings every time a movie starts.

Thanks for your consideration!
I went out and purchased the full retail version of Ultra 13...PROBLEM SOLVED. This is isolated to the trial version.
I am using the Trial Version 13, so that may in fact be the problem here. I am still hesitant to purchase until I know for sure this is isolated to the trial version. Thanks!
I have not found any workarounds to make this work...Cyberlink is going to have to fix this one (Hopefully in the first update). In the meatime I am waiting to purchase until this issue is resolved.
Here is the bug...When you double click a .MKV file that contains DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, PowerDVD will open and video will start with no audio...In fact, all audio streams in the MKV will not work. If PowerDVD is already open and I select the .MKV with the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 stream through the PowerDVD interface, the movie plays fine with audio and video. This does not appear to be an issue with .MKV's with Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital 5.1. I have been testing for 3 hours and have reached this conclusion.

I am going to hold off purchasing until this is fixed since 80% of my movies are DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. I saw at least 1 other post on this forum with the exact same problem, so it is not my setup.

The product is good except for this major problem for me...I look forward to a quick fix, thanks!
Go to: