Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MKV Bug with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
David333 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2013 22:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Here is the bug...When you double click a .MKV file that contains DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, PowerDVD will open and video will start with no audio...In fact, all audio streams in the MKV will not work. If PowerDVD is already open and I select the .MKV with the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 stream through the PowerDVD interface, the movie plays fine with audio and video. This does not appear to be an issue with .MKV's with Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital 5.1. I have been testing for 3 hours and have reached this conclusion.

I am going to hold off purchasing until this is fixed since 80% of my movies are DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. I saw at least 1 other post on this forum with the exact same problem, so it is not my setup.

The product is good except for this major problem for me...I look forward to a quick fix, thanks!
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David. This has been for few days now. Wer you able to find any luck on this yet?
David333 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have not found any workarounds to make this work...Cyberlink is going to have to fix this one (Hopefully in the first update). In the meatime I am waiting to purchase until this issue is resolved.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
we are checking this issue now - from our investgation it only happens in TRIAL Version, the full version does not show it

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David333 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using the Trial Version 13, so that may in fact be the problem here. I am still hesitant to purchase until I know for sure this is isolated to the trial version. Thanks!
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2013 00:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from 12 to 13 and have the same problem, no audio from blue rays
David333 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went out and purchased the full retail version of Ultra 13...PROBLEM SOLVED. This is isolated to the trial version.