Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I now have an answer from Technical Support with reference to the other conditions of the 'Resume' function.

As said before, Resume does not work on BD's when the source is an optical drive - Cyberlink are working on this.

Resume does work for DVD's when the source is an optical drive.

Resume does not work for DVD's when the source is a HDD.

If the Movie Library has the HDD and directory identified, resume works, however, if you have more than on HDD in the list and/or more than one directory, all the titles are pulled into a single screen display with no reference to their parent source. In addition if a DVD/BD title has multiple discs, the Movie Library displays Disc 1, Disc 2 etc but does not show the title folder; all very confusing.

I have suggested to Cyberlink, it would be more user friendly to reinstate the resume function as it has been in previous versions for HDD sources and make the Movie Library reflect the source structure. They say the proposal has been added to the list of wants, so I assume, no change in the near future.
Hi

Have checked the setting and have tried 'Prompt before playback resumes' and 'Resume Playback From The Last Scene' and neither have an effect.

I put the question to Technical Support and received an answer this morning. They say BD resume is a known problem and will be resolved. Also, they say, DVD resume does not work in the trial version but I cannot get a clear answer as to whether there are still problems in the paid version.

I would have thought entering a key code would have removed the trial not changed features. Do you know differently?

I have tried both BD and DVD versions of 'Skyfall' and neither resume with my trial version.
I have tried a number of DVD's and BD's, all of which 'resume' with a previous version of PowerDVD and another software player. None of them will resume but only restart the title from the beginning.

Is there a title you know will 'resume' with version 13. I might have it and can try again.
I cannot get 'Resume playback' to work in any of its variations. ie no notification, no resume from last scene etc.

Anyone else seen this problem or is it only in the Trial version?
I am a long term user of PowerDVD and still continue to use version 9. The reasons for not upgrading have been numerous, however one consistent concern from version 11 and now again in 13 is the nature of the playback image for DVD.

In my opinion, Blu-ray playback has a level of detail that is relayed relatively faithfully with colour and definition giving a sense of quality that enhances viewing without distraction albeit contrast is leaning towards thin. I cannot say the same for DVD.

In this instance, for me, the image quality is disrupted by over 'flattening' detail and creating an amount of flair in some colour hues, which is very noticeable and distracting. Even with all enhancements turned off (True Theatre), the image is like an air brushed advert.

This seems to be a common theme with all major software player providers and I am not sure why.

I have also noticed in version 13 there is a more subdued audio output. For me, the player audio output has reduced by some 6dB, which means even with the controls at max, my audio card has to run at 90%.

Perhaps others can comment on these points.
Go to: