Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resume not working
Clarity3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2013 08:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot get 'Resume playback' to work in any of its variations. ie no notification, no resume from last scene etc.

Anyone else seen this problem or is it only in the Trial version?
Sri Vamshi Mohan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2013 22:41 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that it is not working on many discs that i have.

perhaps it is an issue which will get resolved in an update (patch)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Resume cannot work on many BD discs - especially when they use BD-J.
BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Clarity3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried a number of DVD's and BD's, all of which 'resume' with a previous version of PowerDVD and another software player. None of them will resume but only restart the title from the beginning.

Is there a title you know will 'resume' with version 13. I might have it and can try again.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
could you check the settings:

Settings > Player Settings > General > Auto Resume Setting

on my side it works with MKV, DVD-folder and some BD-folder (for those BD that support it - like "Skyfall")

greetings
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2013 10:45

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Clarity3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

Have checked the setting and have tried 'Prompt before playback resumes' and 'Resume Playback From The Last Scene' and neither have an effect.

I put the question to Technical Support and received an answer this morning. They say BD resume is a known problem and will be resolved. Also, they say, DVD resume does not work in the trial version but I cannot get a clear answer as to whether there are still problems in the paid version.

I would have thought entering a key code would have removed the trial not changed features. Do you know differently?

I have tried both BD and DVD versions of 'Skyfall' and neither resume with my trial version.
Joe Fission [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2011 00:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to have found others that are having the same issue... I would probably have spent hours trying to find a solution, but decided to check here first. Also glad to hear that it's being worked on.

I can also confirm this happens in my installation of PowerDVD 13. I came from PowerDVD 10 which resumed playback properly no matter what kind of disc I was playing (DVD or BD). I also use PowerDVD 9 on another system and likewise resume playback function works fine on that version as well (also independent of what type of disc is playing).
Clarity3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I now have an answer from Technical Support with reference to the other conditions of the 'Resume' function.

As said before, Resume does not work on BD's when the source is an optical drive - Cyberlink are working on this.

Resume does work for DVD's when the source is an optical drive.

Resume does not work for DVD's when the source is a HDD.

If the Movie Library has the HDD and directory identified, resume works, however, if you have more than on HDD in the list and/or more than one directory, all the titles are pulled into a single screen display with no reference to their parent source. In addition if a DVD/BD title has multiple discs, the Movie Library displays Disc 1, Disc 2 etc but does not show the title folder; all very confusing.

I have suggested to Cyberlink, it would be more user friendly to reinstate the resume function as it has been in previous versions for HDD sources and make the Movie Library reflect the source structure. They say the proposal has been added to the list of wants, so I assume, no change in the near future.