Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I still have the same sporadic audio problem with PowerDVD 11 latest patch. Audio is muted when playing DVD. I have to change the audio setting, close PowerDVD, reopen PowerDVD, play the DVD and change back the audio back to the original setting to fix it.

I must say that PowerDVD 11 is riddled with problems. Never have this problem before with earlier versions.
There seems to be an inherent problem with PowerDVD 11 audio. Dolby Headphones doesn't work even though you set it up right in the option menu. You will hear sound but the sound is a regular audio, not Dolby Headphones.

Moreover, sometimes I can't hear anything. I have to change the audio setting, stop the player and turn it back on, and undo the change. This will bring the audio back on but again Dolby Headphones doesn't work.

Never had this problem before with PowerDVD 10.
Quote: Hi,

this is a known issue - we work on a solution

Br
Michael

While you are working at it, may I suggest that you add the ability to take a screen shot of a DVD after the picture is upconverted to HD?
I noticed that with PowerDVD 11, you can no longer save screen capture in JPG format. You can only save in BMP format. Moreover, you can no longer save the pic in desired screen resolution. You can only save in the same resolution as the resolution of the video source, whatever it might be.

Did Cyberlink accidentally leave them out? Incidentally, I use the trial version. Does it have something to do with it?
If I purchase and activate PowerDVD 10 Ultra, image the drive with Acronis True Image, and then restore it at a later date, will I have to reactivate PowerDVD again? So far, I have no problem with other software that requires product activation such as Windows XP and Office XP. They don't need to be reactivated but I am not sure with PowerDVD.
Quote: Everyone seemed to have a problem with "2012" including me. I am using PowerDVD 7 Ultra compliments of Cyberlink. They have provided me all kinds of patches and instructions to resolve this issue, but unable to resolve the problem.

Where do we go frome here???

Wait until the next patch
Same problem here with PowerDVD 7 Ultra. Problem solved when installing PowerDVD 9 Ultra 30-Day Trial Version. I know it's not a perfect solution but at least you can watch the movie for 30 days. I guess we have to wait for the next patch before user of older version of PowerDVD would get a permanent fix.
I have PowerDVD 9 Ulltra 30-Day Trial Version. Build 2528. No problem here with 2012. But I don't have Movie Live Account or add the movie to My Collection though
Go to: