Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra: 2012 Movie Will Not Play!
Nate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2009 21:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Like the message below, the "2012" Blu-Ray will not play. Here is some information:

CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra (Upgrade from PowerDVD 7 originally), build 2528
Graphics Card: HD 4580 512MB GDDR3 PCI - E, DUAL DVI-I/TVO

DVD's seem to play fine and I am able to play other Blu-Rays such as Interview with the Vampire. However, the 2012 will only attempt to load and go right back to a home screen asking me if I want to Add the Movie to my collection.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've updated my Radeon Driver and System Update!

Nate
anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2010 16:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought 2012 and have the same error
Help cyberlink
Goliath [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2007 22:13 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDVD 9 Ulltra 30-Day Trial Version. Build 2528. No problem here with 2012. But I don't have Movie Live Account or add the movie to My Collection though

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2010 17:18

Augusto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2010 17:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Everyone seemed to have a problem with "2012" including me. I am using PowerDVD 7 Ultra compliments of Cyberlink. They have provided me all kinds of patches and instructions to resolve this issue, but unable to resolve the problem.

Where do we go frome here???
Goliath [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2007 22:13 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Everyone seemed to have a problem with "2012" including me. I am using PowerDVD 7 Ultra compliments of Cyberlink. They have provided me all kinds of patches and instructions to resolve this issue, but unable to resolve the problem.

Where do we go frome here???

Wait until the next patch
crobb100 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2010 09:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue-loops through beginning screens, no menus, won't play.
PHILLIP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2010 21:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem with Ultra 9 and decided to try 10. Still the same problem. This product stinks. I spent $99 for v9 and $50 for v10 and I could have just gotten a regular BR player for $150 with no headache.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Ok i have experenced some odd behaviour with powerdvd 9 ultra and the blu ray 2012.

I use Windows 7 64bit enterprise. I use windows media center and then the powerdvd add in.
I see the spinning logo and powerdvd text.
blue screen and no movie.
Odd I know v2528 of powerdvd 9 i have watched this before.
press the info button on mce remote get that lame warning about security
choose movie details
select the restart option and it goes and tries to play again.
dang same blue screen.
lets see now the old days i would eject and eject through the menu...
nope that dont work same issue
leave it on blue screen and go start searching for a little bit on net with a different computer.
windows media center screen saver kicks in and starts showing my pics
press stop
press info button again cause i hadn't found anything yet
press restart again and bamn here comes 2012 up...
well ill be it works i can even get past the menu and watch part of the movie
stop it

the mce interface behaves similar to the cinema version

I have noticed some blu ray wont resume and sometimes restart will not fix it.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2009 00:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problems with 2012. Title screen with no text on screen. This is part of why I got a Playstation 3. Played 2012 on PS3 just fine. Other movies play fine on PowerDVD 9. Just not 2012.

Update: Just downloaded and installed the latest build. Runs fine now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2010 01:55

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Yes 2012 can play previews and reach the main menu. If you get no options to play the movie and the menu cycles over and over then you need to update powerdvd 9 ultra. I can only speak for PDVD 9 Ultra since that is what i own.

The update button in powerdvd wants to still send the 2320 patch. This will not play the movie.

Use the link in the forums:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10103.page

or the software update page link (EN US ONLY - check for other versions on your support page, software updates):
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

These links will then allow you to download 2528 which will play with a proper menu that allows you to interact with the main menu and play the movie.

I too have a been borrowing a PS3 for comparison and upset with how easy it is to play a BLU RAY without freezing or audio issues. Amazing how i can connect it up just like i do my PC through the same cables and never have an issue.

Anyways i prefer to use my MCE remote and the MCE interface to interact with my movies and i still have some issues i am working through. Blu ray startup issues, freezing video, and audio problems occasionaly.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2009 00:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes 2012 can play previews and reach the main menu. If you get no options to play the movie and the menu cycles over and over then you need to update powerdvd 9 ultra. I can only speak for PDVD 9 Ultra since that is what i own.

The update button in powerdvd wants to still send the 2320 patch. This will not play the movie.

Use the link in the forums:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10103.page

or the software update page link (EN US ONLY - check for other versions on your support page, software updates):
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

These links will then allow you to download 2528 which will play with a proper menu that allows you to interact with the main menu and play the movie.

I too have a been borrowing a PS3 for comparison and upset with how easy it is to play a BLU RAY without freezing or audio issues. Amazing how i can connect it up just like i do my PC through the same cables and never have an issue.

Anyways i prefer to use my MCE remote and the MCE interface to interact with my movies and i still have some issues i am working through. Blu ray startup issues, freezing video, and audio problems occasionaly.
I got it to work just fine after I updated the software. No problems.