Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I had the same issue after the latest update of PowerDirector 360.

I tried to remove the effects that have the borixFX but was not prompted to install it.

So what I did was, first uninstalled it. (Windows -> Software add / remove programs -> find BorisFx and remove it.

Then go to the FX in Powerdirector and then click the 3rd Party and it will trigger to install the BorisFx.

Goodluck everybody!

I did the uninstall and then open PD again. Clicked on Boris and it went through the install, but now Boris is missing as a third party. I can see it in my file folders so it did down, but PD is not picking it up.

"Thanks for the reply. For now I hit select all in the download folder is it it goes back to normal but it's tedious anyways.
"

Mine download doesn't like Music. I must have a bad file someone where, but clicking movie only icon solves the parameter issue and lets me down load stock photos and videos.

The only way to know would be to open Task Manager and monitor the RAM and scratch disk space that PD is using.

I have no idea. It may be something particular about that specific clip, and the only way for CL to see what's going on and figure out what's going on inside PD is to send them a copy when you request support.

If you're comfortable sharing it here on the forum other people can give it a try and see if the issue is present on their systems or if it's only happening to you. See this FAQ for more details.

Reprocessing the clip using PD was a solution that worked. My assumption is the software that converted the 2 hour clip produced a glitch that "re-producing" it through PD solved. So I am good with this solution at this time.
The PC has 12 GB of ram and 250 GB of free hard disk. The file is 6.5 GB and converting it to MP4 using PD reduced it to 5.8 GB. I don't see a resource limitation. The MP4 version worked correct with no issues. Had about 600 total screens which I stripped out +100 bad spots (1-2 second bits with corrupted image). This was a bad VHS tape. I also had PD drop in to audio when in scene detect within the first few minutes. If I reboot and try it again it will go for about 30 minutes of the 2 hours before it drops out into audio. Still detecting scenes, but now at starndard play speed with audio in background. PD is latest verson 19.1.2321.0 (64 bit).

Had a thought of converting again one more time, but this time as MPG. Could there be something in the digital conversion causing the issue and using PD to convert cleans it up?
I have a 2 hour video I transfer from VHS to digital. The converted video was MPG format. I wanted PD 365 to scene detect. There are bad places in the video (tape degrading) so scene detection would also segement these out as well. It flew through it well for the first 30 minutes of the video, but then sound of the video playing came on and the scan rate dropped to real time as the sound played.

Is PD limited to about 30 minutes of video for scene detection before it runs out of resources and then drops out to real time scanning? I chopped it up to 30 minute intervals (MP4) and worked fine.

Would it worked better if it was MP4?

Also, I would like to add. The creation of subfolder with the segments contained within is great to use. This was perfect if it just would process the entire file at the speed it did during the first 30 minutes.
Go to: