Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to troubleshoot "Parameter is Incorrect"
John Rey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2020 02:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can somebody please help me troubleshoot this?

I have Powerdirector 365 and downloaded music from shutterstock.

When I go and click the downloaded folder... the prompt appears saying "Parameter is incorrect"
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you tell us which specific clip?
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
any updates?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote any updates?

Is this related to your earlier post or is this related to specific clips you've downloaded or tried to import?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PGREY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2021 15:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same problem too and its so frustrating, I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, wiped all the folders and hidden ones/cache ones too and followed the support teams advice.
Everytime I goto the downloaded section I get struck with the same message, and the downloaded folder just go haywire
while the rest of the program runs fine in the background until you change the folder and its goes back to normal.

can anyone fix this stupid issue?
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-09-12 132708.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-09-12 132708.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2021 13:29

optodata
[Post New]
Nobody here can fix the issue.

CL tech support can't seem to replicate it and wanted to run a remote diagnostic session on the OP of this thread's computer but I don't know if that's happened or not. You may want to reference CS002399607 in your response to tech support and ask if they can do a remote diagnostic on your system.

You can also drag/drop the Lo Fi Beach Dawn clip to the page then save the text file and use the Attachments button below the forum text box to share it here. If you remember where you got it that would help other people track it down on their end.

If the clip is encoded with the Fraunhofer IIS MP3 v04.01.02 (fast) codec, you may want to try converting it to another format using AudioDirector (if you have it) or a free app like Audacity. Delete the original clip and simply import the new version into PD's media library. Unfortunately you may need to convert all the other similar clips until CL can figure out what's going on
PGREY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2021 15:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Nobody here can fix the issue.

CL tech support can't seem to replicate it and wanted to run a remote diagnostic session on the OP of this thread's computer but I don't know if that's happened or not. You may want to reference CS002399607 in your response to tech support and ask if they can do a remote diagnostic on your system.

You can also drag/drop the Lo Fi Beach Dawn clip to the page then save the text file and use the Attachments button below the forum text box to share it here. If you remember where you got it that would help other people track it down on their end.

If the clip is encoded with the Fraunhofer IIS MP3 v04.01.02 (fast) codec, you may want to try converting it to another format using AudioDirector (if you have it) or a free app like Audacity. Delete the original clip and simply import the new version into PD's media library. Unfortunately you may need to convert all the other similar clips until CL can figure out what's going on

Thanks for the reply. For now I hit select all in the download folder is it it goes back to normal but it's tedious anyways.
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]

Is this related to your earlier post or is this related to specific clips you've downloaded or tried to import?

Yep same issue
dhoward76 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2021 23:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I get the Parameter is Incorrect error whenever I select the "Downloaded" tab after I try to download from ShutterStock. I noticed that the wave files get downloaded to C:\Users\dhowa\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files 01\audio . Instead of being named based on the music file description, they get a very long string name. My Google searches found that this error message can happen for long file names. So I tried renaming those music files I downloaded and then import them after renaming. Then they work fine.

So can Cyberlink team please look into the Shutterstock download tool to fix this improper filename creating which is happening?
IamZeus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2020 17:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Had the same issue with my subscription anytime I went into downloads and/or tried downloading content from shutterstock. So after no help on the web I started digging around and found a reference to some old downloaded sound effect from my old installed version of powerdirector. I forgot I had it installed which was never an issue before. It had a different path to downloaded content in my docs. I manually moved/deleted the downloaded content for the old version. Started PD 365 and bam the error went away and appears to be working better than before. I think 365 loads or at least references all downloaded content from previous versions on startup. So essentially if you uninstall the old version and delete old downloaded content from my docs it should fix that error. Good luck guys/gals!
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
i deleted all the downloads ( c:\users\public.... ) but as soon as I downloaded the packs from the app manager again the problem came back.
dhoward76 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2021 23:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Had the same issue with my subscription anytime I went into downloads and/or tried downloading content from shutterstock. So after no help on the web I started digging around and found a reference to some old downloaded sound effect from my old installed version of powerdirector. I forgot I had it installed which was never an issue before. It had a different path to downloaded content in my docs. I manually moved/deleted the downloaded content for the old version. Started PD 365 and bam the error went away and appears to be working better than before. I think 365 loads or at least references all downloaded content from previous versions on startup. So essentially if you uninstall the old version and delete old downloaded content from my docs it should fix that error. Good luck guys/gals!

I'm a first time user of Cyberlink PowerDirector and this is a fresh install made just a couple weeks ago. So, this does not apply to my situation. My initial evaluations is this program is terribly buggy. Terribly. Adobe Premiere Elements(which I was using before) is more difficult to understand and more expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for with proper programming and debugging. I'm going to give it a go with Cyberlink for at least a year, but if they are not going to address these bugs then I'll be going back to Adobe. Just looking at forums it appears this problem has been around for a long time.

I could understand if this problem was arising from something I was importing from outside the software. Or a filename I was giving to the content. However everything I've done or downloaded has been within the PowerDirector environment. For it to hard fail with a generic "Parameter is Incorrect" message and no indication of how to resolve the error is unacceptable programming.
NormRidg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 00:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

"Thanks for the reply. For now I hit select all in the download folder is it it goes back to normal but it's tedious anyways.
"

Mine download doesn't like Music. I must have a bad file someone where, but clicking movie only icon solves the parameter issue and lets me down load stock photos and videos.