Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
For all DVDs that I play using PowerDVD10, blu ray or otherwise, the color is washed out and black in particular is more of a dark grey; please see attachments. I'm working with PowerDVD 10 and I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 graphics card. I'm also using an ASUS HDMI monitor. I've played with the colors and resolution for my monitor but that hasn't changed anything. I really hope there's a solution to this--what's the point of watching a washed out blu ray movie?
Thank you very much!
I created a separate thread for these reasons shortly after posting this. Will gladly delete the post on this thread if possible.
I have checked the known issues list, installed the latest patch, compared settings with other BD movies and I'm still having issues with the following: when I try to play (specifically) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 blu-ray DVD, the playback returns to the Power DVD menu after playing only a few start-up titles (eg. the Warner Bros. logo). This is the only DVD that has ever not worked with PowerDVD12; oddly, the DVDs that came with this movie (all blu-ray discs) work just fine. The movie plays on my PS3 but I'd really like to use PowerDVD--any ideas as to what I should do?
Quote: Trying to play non 3D Prometheus with PowerDVD 12 1905c, and a LiteOn iHES112 drive. This combo plays every other Bluray I have just fine (except Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 which just drops me to the PowerDVD 12 screen).

Frustrated that I can't play this bluray, when Avengers played beautifully.

Waiting for an update, won't bother with customer support.

I've got PowerDVD 12.0.2118a.57 and have downloaded the patch mentioned in this forum, but I am still having problems with the Harry Potter BD DVD mentioned in the above post. The DVD playback starts up and goes through some typical start-up titles (eg. the Warner Bros. logo) but then suddenly stops and returns to the PowerDVD menu. I've successfully played this DVD on my PS3 and all other BD discs have worked with Power DVD before so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any ideas?
Go to: