Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

If I can jump in here, what Optodata is suggesting is that you produce your three videos separately. They will then appear in the media folder and can be inserted onto the timeline. Then produce again to generate the final video. If you make sure all the produce settings are identical you should see the SVRT button illuminate automatically.

SVRT simply copies across unmodified video without re-rendering so for this to work the produce settings must match the original video. This is much faster and avoids any loss of quality. With a normal timeline including transitions, titles and other modifications only those parts are rendered. In the case of your three videos this will already have been done in the initial individual productions so when you place these on the timeline SVRT will effectively simply join them together without performing any further rendering.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Hi. Thanks very much for the advice. I've done as you said and it's looking good.
I wish I could attach a link to the video here, so that you and the other kind contributors could see the resuts of all your work in patiently answering my questions.
Unfortunately, there are You Tube-derived clips in it of copyrighted videos of shows and concerts and so on. Thanks again

Cheers, Laurence.
Quote Briefly, the way you're trying to get work done will certainly lead to degredation. Unless you're using SVRT, every time you produce you're going to lose some quality. If you've run various clips through several times, your finished product isn't going to look or sound very good.

Saving the project often is good practice, and it's perfectly fine to produce different sections of your project at different times. However, your goal should be to limit the number of producing passes you subject any clips to, to two.

So for you, once all of your produced sections are ready, you can string them all together on the timeline and finish the project with a very fast SVRT pass, which will essentially join all the clips together without producing every frame again.

At this point, you'll need to go back and pull together each clip from the first time it was produced and substitue that for the version that's in your final project. I don't know how many clips there are in your project, or what kinds of edits you've made to them since they were produced, but that's the best idea I have for keeping as much of your original quality as possible.

Hi, Thanks again for all your help.

I've followed your instructions, or tried to, by splitting the timelne project into three parts, by which Imean that I now have on my desktop three PD icons by which I can open the first, second or third part of the video in timeline mode, which is how I've
managed to complete the editing without any lag and so on.

At the end of the first part, and then the second and the third, I've dragged the yellow arrow across the timeline and then clicked
on "render preview" and waited the hour or two the process takes and saved the finished work.

But I am not sure what to do next, in particular how to use SVRT on the timeline rather than by clicking on "produce" at the top of
the screen and producing the video..

My aim is to burn the video to disk.

Thanks again..

Ctrl a in MS Word to select all
Ctrl c in MS Word to copy
Ctrl v in forum text box to paste

Adjust format of pasted text block as needed.

Jeff

Hi. Thanks very much for that. It worked perfectly and my question has now been posted. My mistake was to not use the "ctrl" method but to click on "select" and then "copy". Thanks again
Hi everyone. I have PD16 and Windows 10.

In my last two posts I've had a lot of help from senior members in countering time audio/video lag and reduced speed when creating and editing a video almost an hour long.

Following the instructions I've made various changes where these include splitting the timelne project into three parts, by which Imean that I now have on my desktop three PD icons by which I can open the first, second or third part of the video in timeline
mode, which is how I've managed to complete the editing without any lag and so on.

At the end of the first part, and then the second and the third, I've dragged the yellow arrow across the timeline and then clicked on "render preview" and waited the hour or two the process takes and saved the finished work.

My question is what do I do next?

Do I drag the yellow arrow again and this time click on "produce"?

If so, then what do I do after that?

My aim is to join the thee parts back together and then use PD to burn the video to disk.

I'd appreciate any help.
Hi everyone. The title says it all. I wrote an MS Word piece asking for advice but could not copy and paste it into here. Is there a way or do I have to write it out again?Thanks very much. Cheers, Laurence
Hi everyone. I have PD16 and Windows 10.

In my last two posts I've had a lot of help from senior members in countering time audio/video lag and reduced speed when creating and editing a video almost an hoiur long.

Following the intructions I've made various changes where these include splitting the timelne project into three parts, by which I mean that I now have on my desktop three PD icons by which I can open the first, second or third part of the video in timeline mode, which is how I've managed to complete the editing without any lag and so on.

At the end of the first part, and then the second and the third, I've dragged the yellow arrow across the timeline and then clicked on "render preview" and waited the hour or two the process takes and saved the finished work.

My question is what do I do next?

Do I drag the yellow arrow again and this time click on "produce"?

If so, then what do I do after that?

My aim is to join the thee parts back together and then use PD to burn the video to disk.

I'd appreciate any help.

It would be very helpful, too, if any advice could be kept simple in the way that one would explain something to a child,
the reason for which is that I'm none too bright.
Quote Briefly, the way you're trying to get work done will certainly lead to degredation. Unless you're using SVRT, every time you produce you're going to lose some quality. If you've run various clips through several times, your finished product isn't going to look or sound very good.

Saving the project often is good practice, and it's perfectly fine to produce different sections of your project at different times. However, your goal should be to limit the number of producing passes you subject any clips to, to two.

So for you, once all of your produced sections are ready, you can string them all together on the timeline and finish the project with a very fast SVRT pass, which will essentially join all the clips together without producing every frame again.

At this point, you'll need to go back and pull together each clip from the first time it was produced and substitue that for the version that's in your final project. I don't know how many clips there are in your project, or what kinds of edits you've made to them since they were produced, but that's the best idea I have for keeping as much of your original quality as possible.

Hi Thanks very much for the info.

I suspected that there would be a limit to the number of times a clip could be run through the mill,

I'll do as you suggest and I'm sure it will work.

I looked at your PC specs and I think I need to upgrade my PC and solve the problem once and for all.

Thanks again for all your help. Cheers, Laurence
Quote You can't directly include any media on the forum. You need to use the Attachments button (below the forum's text box) for clips under 5MB in size:

For larger clips, you'll need to upload them to a cloud folder on OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and paste the link here so that others can download and view it.

You can also upload the clip to YouTube (as you've already done), and next time, please paste the URL to the clip (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDcN96KflQg) so that others can more easily find and watch it. You can even use this forum tool to place the live video in the text:

Like this:

As to your audio question, I assume that the audio on your original clip is fine, but something has gone wrong with the produced version. Does the audio sound normal when you preview the clip on PD's timeline? If not, you may want to use the mixing room, or click on the green audio level line on the audio section of the clip and drag it downward to lower the volume and reduce the clipping.

If the timeline preview audio is fine, please post a screenshot of the Produce screen showing the settings you used to produce the clip.

Hi. Thanks very much for explaining about attaching files and videos and for taking the trouble to seek out the clip on You Tube.

There are so many labelled Garden Chat that at first I could't find it myself, and then it failed to attach.

But I now know what to do.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with the original versions, or with many of the produced versions.

I should explain, perhaps, that when I said the original problem was more ot less resolved, what I meant was the following.

That after following your instructions and those from Cyberlink when I contacted them, I was able to edit the project for longer with no problems occurring.

By trial and error I learnt to save each edit as it was made, until the point came when the editng went haywire again, whereupon I would immediately start producing the work and then save it.

That done, I would then open a fresh workplace, by which I mean that I would double clip on the PD icon to open a blank page,
into which I would then import the latest produced video in order to carry out more edits for as long as I could, before having to produce the results again, and so on.

So I wonder whether there's a limit to the number of times the more or less same video can be run through the producing process. before the audio gives up the ghost.

I'll do as you say and check the audio in timeline preview mode and then get back.
I do appreciate all this help.
Cheers, Laurence
Hi everyone.

I have PD16 and Windows 10.

I've had problems with editing a project, as detailed in a previous post about erratic timeline speed and audio/video lag.

I have more or less resolved them but I now have a further problem, which is that the voice audio has become very muffled and echoey.
I tried placing a clip here, but it disappeared.

You'll find it on You tube entitled Garden Chat, but it just is that the voice audio has gone wrong and I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks very much, Laurence

Yes it does, but what I had suggested was to use the free workspace as a test to see if working with your media library clips (without any of the edits) was also slow. In no way was I implying that you should start over with your whole project!

Your screenshot is very helpful. For whatever reason, none of your source clips (that you've meticulously edited to create your produced video) are in your media library at all. There's nothing wrong with that, but typically users start with all their clips in there and retain them while editing.

In your case, the only content in the library is the produced clip, which PD will automatically add as soon as the producing is finished. That also means that you can remove it and nothing important about your project will have changed. Since that's a fully produced clip, I don't expect that there's anything to be gained by working with it on a clean timeline, but you could try deleting large sections of your current timeline to see if the slowness improves. Obviously DON'T save any of those changes!

Also, since the entire clip is already produced, you don't need to use PD for any editing unless there were some changes you wanted to make.

At this point, I don't know if you want to keep trying different things to see if you can get PD16 working better, or try doing a reset or full reinstall of Win10. Let us know what you'd like to do.

Hi. Thanks very much again.

I tried the test but with no success. Next, I opened PD in C drive and found, as you indicated, the original video file, complete with clips.

Also I troubleshooted OC GURU and a repair was attempted.

Also, following suggestion I activated the hardware decoder.

I then found that the editing seemed back to normal, except that the problem has now started again. So I'll uninstal the OC GURU app and see what effect it has.

If no improvement I'll look into the OS reinstall. Thanks again for all your help, without which I would never have go this far. Cheers, laurence
Quote Thanks for giving more information on the resolution and type of file that you are tring to edit. I am addressing the lag that you see in editing. not in your producing although it may speed it up. Those file should be able to be edited in your pc if the framerate is say no more than 30 fps assuming that the preview quality is set to high or if shadow files are enabled and finished.

Trying to find a middle ground as these same files were okay to be edited before your pc drive C crash. Do not know if you have the settings now on PD16 as before. That is what needs to be determined. One of these settings change should help.

You can supply the screenshot requested be optodata.

Hi. Thanks very much for your help.

I'll check the settings to see if any changes will help.

My concern, too, after the information very kindly provided on this thread, is with Windows 10 itself;

but one problem at a time, except, of course, that they may be connected.

Thanks again.

Cheers, laurence

That's a question for the Gigabyte website or Google. You can also simply uninstall it, or prevent it from loading at startup.

In your OP, you wrote "A few months ago I had no problem making and producing a video about 50 minutes long, but the pack materials folder came to about 75 Gb, so I moved it from C drive to the hard drive." The .PDS file in that packed project folder is what I'm referring to.

Originally, I wanted you to open up that project, and then choose File, New Workspace to clear all the timeline contents but leave your media library intact. However, you now refer to the "item" which isn't a clip in the media library, but it sounds like it might be a nested project.

A screenshot would greatly help out here. Please take one showing the full editor, then save the image and attach it to your reply using this button, whcih is located below the forum's text box:

You may also want to look in the Recent Files > option under the File menu to see if you can see the original project in its original location, before you made any of these other changes. Take a screenshot of that and attach it if you think there's anything significant there.

Hi. Thanks very much for all your help.

If I clear the workspace I wonder if that means that I have to create the video from scratch again.

It took many weeks, whereas what I recently had in mind was just to make a few changes.
I'll wait to hear from you before uninstalling the app.

I wonder, too, if I should re-install Windows 10, which does not seem to have fared very well in system image form.

I'll check the recent files.

Screenshot attached, but it's the whole screen because I failed to target just thje PD window, not having Windows 10 Creator.
Thanks again.

Cheers, Laurence
Quote You never said what type of video or the resolution that you were editing. If it is h.264 encoded then try enabling the checkbox for hardware decoding. This may fix the lag that you are experiencing without overclocking that gtx 750 ti.

Hi. Thanks for that.
My problem is that I know very little and have difficulty understanding the advice I'm given.

the content in the workspace just is the video itself, the produced video I saved when producing and then creating a DVD, which works fine.

So does the produce video, as I'll call it, when I double click on it and actually play it.

It is the produce video that I have dragged onto the timeline to edit it, which at the moment I can't do.
Here are the details from the produce video properties.

File type is MP4. Size 21 GB. Type is H.264 AVC. Bitrate: 54Mbps. Resolution: 1920x 1080. Aspect ratio is 16:9. Sampling rate is 48 kHz. Bitrate 384Kbps.

So, are you saying that I should click on produce and produce the produce video again, but this time with hardware decoding?
Thanks for trying to help.
Cheers, Laurence
Quote Your DxDiag results show that your system is (or at least, was) having serious problems with OC_GURU, which is Gigabyte's overclocking software. I don't know if that specific issue was fixed when you used sfc /scannow, but you may want to at least temporarily disable that app from running so your system won't be overclocked. Then see if PD and your cursor are more stable.

You also might want to try running dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth from an admin-level command prompt to make sure your system files and Windows installation are in good shape. This goes beyond the checks & repairs that sfc can perform.

Finally, what happens if you open your packed project but create a new workspace? That will retain all clips in the media library and you can then try working with the clips but without all of the previous project's edits.

Basically, these steps will help you figure out if the problem is with Windows, overclocking, your original project, or where your clips are currently stored.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I've used scanhealth but it did not find anything. I'll try everything you suggest, but it means I have a few questions.
First; How can I disable OCGURU?

Second: Im not sure what's meant by opening the packed project folder and creating a new workspace.

Do you mean that I should leave the PD file where it is in the folder on G drive and open it there and work on it?

If so, then I think, but am not sure, that that's what I did originally.

If so, then I must have moved the PD file back to C drive to see if that would solve the problem..

However, I've now noticed something else that may be relevant.

When I open the PD file to work on it, what I've noticed is that there is nothing in the media room apart from the one item, this being the item that I dragged down to the timeline to work on.

I say "item" because I can't really call it a clip.

The reason for that is that when I dragged it down to the timeline it opened as the video itself.

Perhaps I've now confused you as well as myself.

What I'm saying is that the object in the media room is the video, not the numerous clips that I used when I was creating the video.
I suspect that what happened was that when I wanted recently to edit the video I went into the packed project folder on "G" drive and right clicked on the "produce" file of the video so that I could open it with PD.

Would that make a difference?

What I'm asking is: if I make a video and then "produce" it in order to burn it to disk or whatever, is it then OK to open the saved "produce" file in PD and edit it?
Thanks again. Cheers, Laurence
Quote Could you just do a save as and put it on the say D: hard drive. Later you can move all those assets to the say D drive, Edit the .pds file if you have to but I doubt it.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm willing to try anything to get to the bottom of it. Thanks again.
Hi. I have PowerDirector 16.0.3424.0 ,Windows 10 64 bit and an SSD boot drive and non-SSD hard drive.

A few months ago I had no problem making and producing a video about 50 minutes long, but the pack materials folder came to about 75 Gb, so I moved it from C drive to the hard drive.

in the meantime the PC crashed and C drive had to be restored from a system image.

Wanting to edit the PD video file recently, I moved it on its own back to C drive.

I can open it and edit it, but then the clips on the timeline slow down and audio and video go out of sync.

If I save the changes and re-open the file afterwards, it all seems to have righted itself until I make further edits and the same problem recurs.

I used scannow and some corrupt files were repaired, but the problem persists.

I'll try to attach the latest dxdiag file, taken after the repair.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

After the system was restored I started to have trouble with an erratic cursor, which I've noticed is worse when I'm editing the PD file.

Cheers, laurence
Hi. I have PD 16. Also, a trail camera that I used last night and now have footage of a small furry animal moving very fast. So much so, indeed, that it is just a blur. Is there any way I can sharpen the images so that I can identify the animal? I live in Wales, UK. Has anyone any idea what the animal may be? Thanks in advance for any help. I did try to insert the video clip here, by the way, but in the box that opened it said something about source which I did not understand.. Cheers,laurence
Quote If you got the same error msg. then you are given the chance to browse to the same or a different location on where the clip is on the pc. You should do so. The project should recover immediately. I assume that you mean that the the clip placeholders on the timeline are a blank black and you did not choose ignore which would be a mistake.

Hi tomasc. Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I did click on ignore. Thanks again.

Try opening the project again, if you get the message again, this time click on browse and search for your downloaded file on the desktop. Make sure it has the same name as the file PD is trying to find.

Is it possible to re-download the 1080 version to the desktop?

Robert

Yes, I have. I've even opened it in powerdirector and then combined that PD project with the faulty one. I now have the 1080 video on the faulty project timeline, but the black is still there. In fact I have downloaded several versions to my desktop, but to no avail. In fact, The faulty project is a shortened edition of a longer one which does open normally, with no black rectangles. I have no idea whether it has always been ok or whether it, too, was black until I started downloading all these replacement videos after losing the original. Looks like I'll have to use it and shorten it again. I did think of using system restore, but I have no idea whether it restores that kind of item.Thanks again for your help.

Have you thought to look at your autosave files to see if there is an old one there. If you haven't changed the default there should be 30 days worth there.

What format are these troublesome files? If MOV try downloading QuickTime Lite.

Do you have the latest patch installed, Build 2313?

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration

Are Shadow Files on? If so, try with out.

Download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack.

See how you get on with that.

Robert

Hi. I knew nothing about any autosave function until you pointed me towards it.
I found the backup list address by clicking on 'preferences', 'project' and then copying the autosave location and pasting it into the PC start menu search box.
And there it was: my project just as I'd left it before accidentally deleting the downloaded video.
I'm very grateful to you.
It was a large project and it would have taken me over a week to re-do it.
My desktop is now cluttered with several versions of the download video and I have no idea which one the PD editor is using.
I'll leave them all there for the moment.
Thanks again for your help. Laurence

Great news! Now make a backup.

Glad to have been able to help.

Robert

I shall. Thanks again.
Quote If you got the same error msg. then you are given the chance to browse to the same or a different location on where the clip is on the pc. You should do so. The project should recover immediately. I assume that you mean that the the clip placeholders on the timeline are a blank black and you did not choose ignore which would be a mistake.

Hi tomasc. Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I did click on ignore. Thanks again.

Try opening the project again, if you get the message again, this time click on browse and search for your downloaded file on the desktop. Make sure it has the same name as the file PD is trying to find.

Robert

Yes, I have. I've even opened it in powerdirector and then combined that PD project with the faulty one. I now have the 1080 video on the faulty project timeline, but the black is still there. In fact I have downloaded several versions to my desktop, but to no avail. In fact, The faulty project is a shortened edition of a longer one which does open normally, with no black rectangles. I have no idea whether it has always been ok or whether it, too, was black until I started downloading all these replacement videos after losing the original. Looks like I'll have to use it and shorten it again. I did think of using system restore, but I have no idea whether it restores that kind of item.Thanks again for your help.

Have you thought to look at your autosave files to see if there is an old one there. If you haven't changed the default there should be 30 days worth there.

What format are these troublesome files? If MOV try downloading QuickTime Lite.

Do you have the latest patch installed, Build 2313?

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration

Are Shadow Files on? If so, try with out.

Download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack.

See how you get on with that.

Robert

Hi. I knew nothing about any autosave function until you pointed me towards it.
I found the backup list address by clicking on 'preferences', 'project' and then copying the autosave location and pasting it into the PC start menu search box.
And there it was: my project just as I'd left it before accidentally deleting the downloaded video.
I'm very grateful to you.
It was a large project and it would have taken me over a week to re-do it.
My desktop is now cluttered with several versions of the download video and I have no idea which one the PD editor is using.
I'll leave them all there for the moment.
Thanks again for your help. Laurence

Robert

Go to: