Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
voice audio very muffled and echoey
laurence1to3 [Avatar]
Member Location: South Wales Joined: Nov 28, 2012 04:52 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone.

I have PD16 and Windows 10.

I've had problems with editing a project, as detailed in a previous post about erratic timeline speed and audio/video lag.

I have more or less resolved them but I now have a further problem, which is that the voice audio has become very muffled and echoey.
I tried placing a clip here, but it disappeared.

You'll find it on You tube entitled Garden Chat, but it just is that the voice audio has gone wrong and I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks very much, Laurence

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2020 10:11

laurence1to3
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can't directly include any media on the forum. You need to use the Attachments button (below the forum's text box) for clips under 5MB in size:

For larger clips, you'll need to upload them to a cloud folder on OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and paste the link here so that others can download and view it.

You can also upload the clip to YouTube (as you've already done), and next time, please paste the URL to the clip (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDcN96KflQg) so that others can more easily find and watch it. You can even use this forum tool to place the live video in the text:

Like this:

As to your audio question, I assume that the audio on your original clip is fine, but something has gone wrong with the produced version. Does the audio sound normal when you preview the clip on PD's timeline? If not, you may want to use the mixing room, or click on the green audio level line on the audio section of the clip and drag it downward to lower the volume and reduce the clipping.

If the timeline preview audio is fine, please post a screenshot of the Produce screen showing the settings you used to produce the clip.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
laurence1to3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can't directly include any media on the forum. You need to use the Attachments button (below the forum's text box) for clips under 5MB in size:

For larger clips, you'll need to upload them to a cloud folder on OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and paste the link here so that others can download and view it.

You can also upload the clip to YouTube (as you've already done), and next time, please paste the URL to the clip (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDcN96KflQg) so that others can more easily find and watch it. You can even use this forum tool to place the live video in the text:

Like this:

As to your audio question, I assume that the audio on your original clip is fine, but something has gone wrong with the produced version. Does the audio sound normal when you preview the clip on PD's timeline? If not, you may want to use the mixing room, or click on the green audio level line on the audio section of the clip and drag it downward to lower the volume and reduce the clipping.

If the timeline preview audio is fine, please post a screenshot of the Produce screen showing the settings you used to produce the clip.

Hi. Thanks very much for explaining about attaching files and videos and for taking the trouble to seek out the clip on You Tube.

There are so many labelled Garden Chat that at first I could't find it myself, and then it failed to attach.

But I now know what to do.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with the original versions, or with many of the produced versions.

I should explain, perhaps, that when I said the original problem was more ot less resolved, what I meant was the following.

That after following your instructions and those from Cyberlink when I contacted them, I was able to edit the project for longer with no problems occurring.

By trial and error I learnt to save each edit as it was made, until the point came when the editng went haywire again, whereupon I would immediately start producing the work and then save it.

That done, I would then open a fresh workplace, by which I mean that I would double clip on the PD icon to open a blank page,
into which I would then import the latest produced video in order to carry out more edits for as long as I could, before having to produce the results again, and so on.

So I wonder whether there's a limit to the number of times the more or less same video can be run through the producing process. before the audio gives up the ghost.

I'll do as you say and check the audio in timeline preview mode and then get back.
I do appreciate all this help.
Cheers, Laurence

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2020 15:18

laurence1to3
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Briefly, the way you're trying to get work done will certainly lead to degredation. Unless you're using SVRT, every time you produce you're going to lose some quality. If you've run various clips through several times, your finished product isn't going to look or sound very good.

Saving the project often is good practice, and it's perfectly fine to produce different sections of your project at different times. However, your goal should be to limit the number of producing passes you subject any clips to, to two.

So for you, once all of your produced sections are ready, you can string them all together on the timeline and finish the project with a very fast SVRT pass, which will essentially join all the clips together without producing every frame again.

At this point, you'll need to go back and pull together each clip from the first time it was produced and substitue that for the version that's in your final project. I don't know how many clips there are in your project, or what kinds of edits you've made to them since they were produced, but that's the best idea I have for keeping as much of your original quality as possible.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
laurence1to3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Briefly, the way you're trying to get work done will certainly lead to degredation. Unless you're using SVRT, every time you produce you're going to lose some quality. If you've run various clips through several times, your finished product isn't going to look or sound very good.

Saving the project often is good practice, and it's perfectly fine to produce different sections of your project at different times. However, your goal should be to limit the number of producing passes you subject any clips to, to two.

So for you, once all of your produced sections are ready, you can string them all together on the timeline and finish the project with a very fast SVRT pass, which will essentially join all the clips together without producing every frame again.

At this point, you'll need to go back and pull together each clip from the first time it was produced and substitue that for the version that's in your final project. I don't know how many clips there are in your project, or what kinds of edits you've made to them since they were produced, but that's the best idea I have for keeping as much of your original quality as possible.

Hi Thanks very much for the info.

I suspected that there would be a limit to the number of times a clip could be run through the mill,

I'll do as you suggest and I'm sure it will work.

I looked at your PC specs and I think I need to upgrade my PC and solve the problem once and for all.

Thanks again for all your help. Cheers, Laurence laurence1to3
laurence1to3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Briefly, the way you're trying to get work done will certainly lead to degredation. Unless you're using SVRT, every time you produce you're going to lose some quality. If you've run various clips through several times, your finished product isn't going to look or sound very good.

Hi, Thanks again for all your help.

I've followed your instructions, or tried to, by splitting the timelne project into three parts, by which Imean that I now have on my desktop three PD icons by which I can open the first, second or third part of the video in timeline mode, which is how I've
managed to complete the editing without any lag and so on.

At the end of the first part, and then the second and the third, I've dragged the yellow arrow across the timeline and then clicked
on "render preview" and waited the hour or two the process takes and saved the finished work.

But I am not sure what to do next, in particular how to use SVRT on the timeline rather than by clicking on "produce" at the top of
the screen and producing the video..

My aim is to burn the video to disk.

Thanks again..

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 25. 2020 02:52

laurence1to3
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am not sure what to do next, in particular how to use SVRT on the timeline rather than by clicking on "produce" at the top of
the screen and producing the video..

If I can jump in here, what Optodata is suggesting is that you produce your three videos separately. They will then appear in the media folder and can be inserted onto the timeline. Then produce again to generate the final video. If you make sure all the produce settings are identical you should see the SVRT button illuminate automatically.

SVRT simply copies across unmodified video without re-rendering so for this to work the produce settings must match the original video. This is much faster and avoids any loss of quality. With a normal timeline including transitions, titles and other modifications only those parts are rendered. In the case of your three videos this will already have been done in the initial individual productions so when you place these on the timeline SVRT will effectively simply join them together without performing any further rendering.

I hope this makes things clearer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2020 07:46

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
laurence1to3 [Avatar]
[Post New]

If I can jump in here, what Optodata is suggesting is that you produce your three videos separately. They will then appear in the media folder and can be inserted onto the timeline. Then produce again to generate the final video. If you make sure all the produce settings are identical you should see the SVRT button illuminate automatically.

SVRT simply copies across unmodified video without re-rendering so for this to work the produce settings must match the original video. This is much faster and avoids any loss of quality. With a normal timeline including transitions, titles and other modifications only those parts are rendered. In the case of your three videos this will already have been done in the initial individual productions so when you place these on the timeline SVRT will effectively simply join them together without performing any further rendering.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Hi. Thanks very much for the advice. I've done as you said and it's looking good.
I wish I could attach a link to the video here, so that you and the other kind contributors could see the resuts of all your work in patiently answering my questions.
Unfortunately, there are You Tube-derived clips in it of copyrighted videos of shows and concerts and so on. Thanks again

Cheers, Laurence. laurence1to3