Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All of a sudden, SmartSound started doing something entirely different???
Tangle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2010 09:40 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I've used SmartSound with PowerDirector 9 in a number of videos. It always came up with a plethora of categories; the sounds dropped right in my videos.

Today, I tried to use it, the same as always, and I got an entirely different format, and it appears I have to purchase the sounds.

What happened?

Many thanks,
Tangle
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've used SmartSound with PowerDirector 9 in a number of videos. It always came up with a plethora of categories; the sounds dropped right in my videos.

Today, I tried to use it, the same as always, and I got an entirely different format, and it appears I have to purchase the sounds.

What happened?

Many thanks,
Tangle

Do you have the All Selected at 1. Select style?

Are you sure you have not scrolled down too far in the song selection. If you go past the Bold, you are into the purchase only songs.

A screen shot of your Quick Tracks window would help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2012 21:58

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tangle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey thanks Carl - it's back! It may have been what you said, but the strange thing is, I have two legitimate copies of PD9. One on my home computer, and the second on my work computer.

They both did exactly the same thing at about the same time. My home computer started this Sunday; when I got to work Monday, that copy was doing the same thing.

Maybe it was what you said, but strange as it seems, I tried it twice after reading your post, the first time nothing active, i.e buttons etc., showed up in the Magic Music window. I closed PD9 and started it back up, opened a project and it didn't work. Close PD9 again and opened it and every thing was there just like always - really weird.

Thanks for your time and help,
Tangle
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey thanks Carl - it's back! It may have been what you said, but the strange thing is, I have two legitimate copies of PD9. One on my home computer, and the second on my work computer.

They both did exactly the same thing at about the same time. My home computer started this Sunday; when I got to work Monday, that copy was doing the same thing.

Maybe it was what you said, but strange as it seems, I tried it twice after reading your post, the first time nothing active, i.e buttons etc., showed up in the Magic Music window. I closed PD9 and started it back up, opened a project and it didn't work. Close PD9 again and opened it and every thing was there just like always - really weird.

Thanks for your time and help,
Tangle

I am glad all is working again.

Do you by any chance have a malware scanner in action?

Some scanners do interfere with PD operation.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tangle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Carl. Yes I do have a scanner on both machines, but I've been using PD9 for about a year I guess and haven't had the first problem.

Update:
When I got home, I clicked on Magic Music and an update window popped up. I let it install updates and MM is right back to where it was before I had the problems.

Strange???

Tangle
Carl312
[Post New]
Strange???

Tangle

Not really, it is a computer. Computers do strange things some times.

Tangle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Strange???

Tangle

Not really, it is a computer. Computers do strange things some times.

LOL - so true!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 22. 2012 10:48